Home

Dallas Cowboys Players' Ratings Boosts

This is a discussion on Dallas Cowboys Players' Ratings Boosts within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2009, 12:56 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Dallas Cowboys Players' Ratings Boosts

How come no one said Felix should get a decrease to his injury rating? Just kidding. Seriously though I think ratings increases and decreases from a performance in one game is a knee jerk reaction.

I think EA should do roster updates that include injuries, roster additions and subtractions, depth chart corrections, and corrections of numbers and such.

As far as the ratings increases and decreases I think they should do them in quarters like every 4 games but not week to week.

A QB could have a great game against a sorry team that shouldn't result in a bump up. Let the guys play a four games judge the ratings. Let em play 4 more than compare the stats and think about the difficulty in opponents and things like that.

But what do I know, I already started my franchise so I don't care what they do with the ratings now, so I'll leave it to the people who care.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:22 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Felix needs to be around 83-84. look at the avg each carry.what a beast.
looked great against the panthers.damn injury
choice should be a 79
bennett should be 77
butler around 58-59
what about jay ratliff.he might be 91 but he is the reason our rush defence is so good.He should be about 93
brooking should go down to 80 while james goes to 84
Newman could go to 89 because of the panthers game, but the giants game was awful so idk.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:20 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by true blue7
Felix needs to be around 83-84. look at the avg each carry.what a beast.
looked great against the panthers.damn injury
choice should be a 79
bennett should be 77
butler around 58-59
what about jay ratliff.he might be 91 but he is the reason our rush defence is so good.He should be about 93
brooking should go down to 80 while james goes to 84
Newman could go to 89 because of the panthers game, but the giants game was awful so idk.
I have Newman as a 90 on my game because I thought he was underrated on the default roster, but he does not deserve an upgrade IMO the 88 is ok. Keith Brooking I have as an 82 I would go lower but his rating is inflated because of his awareness anyways, so he plays like crap in the game. Butler I moved to a 59. Ratliff I have as a 91 still although I added a Spd point and a Str point basically I maxed his 91 out so any point added he would become a 92. Marty B I made a 79 maybe I need to drop him because he has not been prodcutive yet, but we all know it's just a matter of time. Choice I have as a 78, slightly lowered his PBking stats and took one point off his speed. Raised his Str to 70 among other attributes.
NFL Dallas Cowboys:T-New,#31 Roy Williams
MLB Toronto Blue Jays:Carlos Delgado,Rick Ankiel
NHL St.Louis Blues:Keith Tkachuk,T.J. Oshie
NBA GSt. Warriors:Antawn Jamison, Steven Jackson
USA Soccer Oguchi Onyewu
Old 10-01-2009, 09:37 AM   #20
Banned

Stupendamatic's Arena

OVR: 1

A boost to Romo is a joke, he is inconsistent to say the least and shouldn't be the same rating as Eli Manning who has outplayed him in every aspect this season.

Terrence Newman is good at 88, he has been inconsistent also this year and shouldn't be boosted off of one game and an INT where Steve Smith broke his route off.

Felix Jones speed should not be touched and put into the Chris Johnson tier. Felix got caught from behind by two CBs who's speed are in the 80's in Madden. Nobody catches Chris Johnson from behind.

Tashard Choice deserves a boost as well as the offensive line for run blocking. Flozell need s a drop in his pass protection, he would have aloowed a couple sacks already if he wasn't tripping defensive ends when he gets beat.

Jay Ratliff is a beast and should get a boost especially to his acelleration and speed, he covered a running back in the flats, that is quicks for a nose tackle. Also I am not sure if awareness is what affects batting down balls at the LOS but whatever does he needs a boost there.

Oh and has anyone seen DeMarcus Ware????
Old 10-01-2009, 09:58 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupendamatic
A boost to Romo is a joke, he is inconsistent to say the least and shouldn't be the same rating as Eli Manning who has outplayed him in every aspect this season.

Terrence Newman is good at 88, he has been inconsistent also this year and shouldn't be boosted off of one game and an INT where Steve Smith broke his route off.

Felix Jones speed should not be touched and put into the Chris Johnson tier. Felix got caught from behind by two CBs who's speed are in the 80's in Madden. Nobody catches Chris Johnson from behind.

Tashard Choice deserves a boost as well as the offensive line for run blocking. Flozell need s a drop in his pass protection, he would have aloowed a couple sacks already if he wasn't tripping defensive ends when he gets beat.

Jay Ratliff is a beast and should get a boost especially to his acelleration and speed, he covered a running back in the flats, that is quicks for a nose tackle. Also I am not sure if awareness is what affects batting down balls at the LOS but whatever does he needs a boost there.

Oh and has anyone seen DeMarcus Ware????
Naw I disagree he has given up 0 sacks nobody cares about him getting fined for tripping players. He is only an 86 and I am fine with that, although I realize their are a lot of inferior players at LT with better ratings. I agree Felix Jones does not need anymore speed. Like I already said Newman at 88 is fine although I have him at a 90.

I think our FB Deon Anderson might need to get a little love, I mean I could care less if he got an increase but he has been obviously making his blocks.

Guys I want decreased

Ken Hamlin 82-80 (no plays ever, regressing as a tackler lower zone coverage to 78 maybe tackling again)
Igor Olshansky 80-78 (one dimensional, not 8 pts better then Spears, lower awarness and play recogniton)
Keith Brooking 84-82 (2 down player and needs lower rating then Bradie. Lower acceleration to 79, lower power moves and finesse moves)
USA Soccer Oguchi Onyewu
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 10:12 AM   #22
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyscowboys
Igor Olshansky 80-78 (one dimensional, not 8 pts better then Spears, lower awarness and play recogniton)
I disagree with this one here. He was brought in to stop the run and has done a damn good job. He is one of the main reasons why nobody can run the ball on us. His job isn't to rush the passer. I wouldn't drop him at all.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:03 AM   #23
Banned

Stupendamatic's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyscowboys
Naw I disagree he has given up 0 sacks nobody cares about him getting fined for tripping players.
Nobody cares? That's a subjective statement, obviously people care when he is tripping players and causing injuries. Mos t notable is Justin Tuck but Flo also did the same to Umenyiora and now Peppers. 3 straight weeks he has been fined, if he continues he will be suspended, then we will see how many Cowboys' fans care.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:19 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupendamatic
Nobody cares? That's a subjective statement, obviously people care when he is tripping players and causing injuries. Mos t notable is Justin Tuck but Flo also did the same to Umenyiora and now Peppers. 3 straight weeks he has been fined, if he continues he will be suspended, then we will see how many Cowboys' fans care.
The point is that he is not getting beat very much at all.
USA Soccer Oguchi Onyewu

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »