Home

Official equipment change list v.2!

This is a discussion on Official equipment change list v.2! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2009, 11:25 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Official equipment change list v.2!

One thing I noticed is that Brandon Stokely's helmet was changed to the revo speed robot...he is wearing a revo speed w/ a 3 bar single facemask (facemask not in the game) in real life. I think the regular revo helmet w/ the 3 bar single facemask best represents what he was wearing. It is nice to see him in a revo speed helmet, but the robot style facemask is too far off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 11:30 PM   #26
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

The revo helmet, no matter what facemask does not better represent any revo speed helmet, im sorry.

I know we don't have a lot of revo speed facemask choices but its the closest to the actual thing.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 10-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

First of all I am not an equipment guy, I like your work, though.

Aaron Curry is my new fav player for the Seahawks. In the game he has the small elbow bands. I can't find any pictures or footage with him sporting these. He doesn't wear anything on his arms as far as I can tell.

BTW, I wish he would, it would add some pizzazz. Anyway, if you have pics of him wearing them, great I will leave them on.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:21 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
The revo helmet, no matter what facemask does not better represent any revo speed helmet, im sorry.

I know we don't have a lot of revo speed facemask choices but its the closest to the actual thing.
In most cases I would completely agree w/ you, but in this case I completely disagree. The robot facemask is soo far off from the 3 bar single style that Stokely wears that I think the significance of the facemask outweighs that of the helmet. For example, what do we do about players like Chad Ocho Cinco and Laverneus Coles who wear the revo speed 2 bar single style facemask...I would say that we should use the standard 3 helmet w/ the 2 bar single...with your logic you would use the revo speed robot for those guys too??? I think you need to reconsider!
Old 10-03-2009, 03:41 PM   #29

KANE699's Arena

The helmet outweighs the facemask, im sorry but it just does, It's not my fault they only gave us two true revo speed facemasks.

Old 10-03-2009, 05:11 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
The helmet outweighs the facemask, im sorry but it just does, It's not my fault they only gave us two true revo speed facemasks.
believe me man, I am totally with you 99% of the time that the helmet comes before the facemask...and you are right it is just unfortunate that EA only released 2 facemask styles for a helmet that has become VERY popular w/ many players in the NFL as well as NCAA...I just feel that in some of these instances the facemask is SOO far off that you need to choose the helmet that can somewhat resemble the revo speed that affords an accurate facemask...I continue to strongly disagree with you in this instance, but that is ok, I will just edit those helmets/facemasks myself after each update.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #31

KANE699's Arena

I had a feeling we'd be seeing a lot more of them this year it is a shame they didn't get in more facemasks.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2009, 02:23 AM   #32
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Kane, I'd love to see with addition to facemasks the option of home/away jersey wristbands, sleeves, arm bands, etc.

Obviously some players wear a certain colored sleeve/band regardless of the jersey but most are color oriented. An example would be Steve Smith - wears white wristbands and armbands w/the white jersey then the black wristbands and armbands w/the black jersey.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »