Home

LaDanian Tomlinson still a Madden Elite? WTF?!

This is a discussion on LaDanian Tomlinson still a Madden Elite? WTF?! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2009, 07:51 PM   #9
Look Watch

JoeC's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: LaDanian Tomlinson still a Madden Elite? WTF?!

Also you put him on a number of teams like the Jets, Colts, Raiders, Broncos, Chiefs, Seahawks, Steelers, Cardinals he would be the starter. A lot of numbers are dictated by your line and the system you are in. I guarantee he would put up better numbers for the Colts than their current backs do. Its a matter of staying healthy which is a huge question mark and good run blocking.

Having said that he isnt no better than an 86 in Madden I was just pointing out that there are a lot of backs that he is still better than or just as good as and saying that he is the worst back of any backup or starter in the league is a totally ludicrous statement.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:09 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC
Also you put him on a number of teams like the Jets, Colts, Raiders, Broncos, Chiefs, Seahawks, Steelers, Cardinals he would be the starter. A lot of numbers are dictated by your line and the system you are in. I guarantee he would put up better numbers for the Colts than their current backs do. Its a matter of staying healthy which is a huge question mark and good run blocking.

Having said that he isnt no better than an 86 in Madden I was just pointing out that there are a lot of backs that he is still better than or just as good as and saying that he is the worst back of any backup or starter in the league is a totally ludicrous statement.

I don't think you understand madden and football.

Players can go to different teams and be better players. TRUE.

ON THE CHARGERS, Tomlinson is not better than a 79 overall.

When Randy Moss was on the Raiders he was a 92 or something like that. On the Patriots he's a 99.

Richard Seymore was a 95 on the Pats....a 94 on the Raiders.

Maybe LT can be a 90 on the Pats....maybe, but on the Chargers he blows ***.

If DeAngelo Hall wasn't exposed for the garbage that he is when he came to Oakland with a 93 rating, he might still be a Redskin today with a 90+ rating. Instead, his poor performance was immediately recognized and now he is a sub 80 corner.

Different situations dictate this.

Now being that RB's tradionally hit the wall at 30....especially when they have a lot of miles on them - LT, his scenario is special.

He is DONE. No matter where he goes, he can't even be as effective as Jamal Lewis. Lewis can atleast barrell forward and be a load to bring down. LT doesn't have his elusiveness anymore and is no longer the same player.

He is just NOT GOOD.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:32 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

LT is DONE! LT would start for very few teams and I agree that a lot of backups are better then him.

If his name wasn't LT and he didn't have a huge contract he wouldn't even be in the NFL right now. Thats how bad he is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 01:32 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4ever

ON THE CHARGERS, Tomlinson is not better than a 79 overall.

When Randy Moss was on the Raiders he was a 92 or something like that. On the Patriots he's a 99.

Richard Seymore was a 95 on the Pats....a 94 on the Raiders.

Maybe LT can be a 90 on the Pats....maybe, but on the Chargers he blows ***.

What?

If he can be a 90 on the Pats that means:

He's not "done" and is just playing behind a bad line.

or

He's not that good but the Pats somehow could get elite production out of him.

If it's the first choice - why does he need to be dropped? If it's the second choice, then go ahead and drop him, but take into account that no team can get elite production from a true scrub.

Before killing LDTs rating, make sure he's actually HIMSELF ineffective. If he is - that's fine, drop him. Don't slam him because he's got a bad line. Slam the bad line.

It's not about "not understanding Madden." The GAME won't take a 79 and make him another rating because he got traded, so why should any roster creator do that, Donny or anyone else? That doesn't make sense.

If he goes to a better running team, then the line and run plays should make that happen, not somehow magically add 11 points (if he "should be" a 79) to him.

Last edited by KBLover; 10-06-2009 at 01:34 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:40 AM   #13
Look Watch

JoeC's Arena

OVR: 20

I dont understand that not understanding Madden and the NFL comment. If we go by your logic that LT would be good on another team but a scrub on the Chargers then isnt that saying more about the Chargers run blocking than LT. If that is your arguement then the Chargers OLine needs lower run blocking. You made no sense at all with that post sure you would say Moss gave 93 production with the Raiders and 99 with the Pats but thats not his fault its the difference in Kerry Collins his QB with the Raiders and Tom Brady not Moss. Moss would still be the 99 no matter what but it would be the poor play of the QB that would lower his stats. LT is not done and I am a Raiders fan and hate the Chargers with a passion but he is not done. Sure he is not elite and never will be again but he is still a serviceable starter that I believe a lot of teams in the league would be more than happy to take off of the Chargers hands. As for your comment that he isnt better than Jamal Lewis I think you are dead wrong their he is a way better all around back than Lewis. He picks up the blitz better has better hands better speed better cut back ability. Sure he has lost some speed and a little bit of cut back ability but I would take a 100% healthy LT over Lewis, Addai, Larry Johnson and several other starters. People look at his poor production against the Steelers a very good D and a team that jumped out to a huge lead and forced the Chargers away from the run. Really we have nothing from this to base an arguement on LT being done. He was having a decent game against the Raiders got hurt and then made his return against one of the best and most physical defenses in the league. Now if in 4 or 5 more games LT is averaging 2.5 YPC then maybe we could revisit this and say yes he is done but I think we will start seeing some good games from him in the next couple of weeks to shut his critics up. Having said all that yes he is rated to high in Madden and should be 85-87 range but he is not a scrub and is still better than a lot of backs in the league.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:55 AM   #14
Rookie

Locker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4ever
Right now....who is he better than? He is not fast...he is old....he falls very easily....he's not agile....the only thing similar between the current LT and the LT from 4 years ago is the name on the jersey. That's it.

It's a joke if there are starting RB's on other teams that aren't rated higher than him. Even Bret Favre isn't elite in Madden... cmon Donny....this is stupid now.
I'd take him on the Seahawks in a heartbeat, so that should answer your question.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:03 AM   #15
Banned

He wasn't having a decent game against Oakland. He showed exactly what happened over the last couple times he played Oakland.

He got stopped behind the line and his YPC was increased by the 1 or 2 big runs that Oakland notoriously gives up due to poor Al Davis scheme.

When players come to the Raiders, THEY ARE SHOCKED at how good they are. Beyond how awful Jamarcus Russell is, the Raiders have some of the best athletes and players in the NFL. They have the fastest players in the league.

Problem is that the organization is dysfunctional and the scheme is backwards. No matter how good the defensive players are, the defense will NEVER be good because of the scheme.

A guy like Thomas Howard could easily be an ELITE 97 rated blitzing LB in a 3-4....on the Raiders he's just an 85. Get it yet?

Since LT is on the Chargers now, regardless of it's his line or not, he isn't doing ANYTHING and doesn't deserve a high rating. His YPC is inflated due to 1 or 2 10 yard runs....the rest of the time he is stopped behind the line.

The LT we see in Madden today is the LT of a few years ago.

Is it a coincidence that his line blocking is poor and that he is suddenly injury prone and 30 years old? NO.

FACT: RB's DON'T GET BETTER WHEN THEY TURN 30. He has how many years of miles on him? HE IS DONE.

Don't argue with me raider fan.....you've got a lot to learn. LT is OLD and NOT THE SAME.

At this point in his career, he needs to SHOW US that he can perform. HE HAS NOT.

Darren McFadden and Michael Bush TORE IT UP in college. They come to the Raiders as some of the premier college players and get a low rating. Why? Because they have to PROOVE THEMSELVES TO US.

If LT has something left, which he doesn't....and goes to another team and prooves he does.....which he won't.....then his rating can go up.

Bret Favre's rating went down.....LT is done and needs to go down. If anything Favre has proven that he can be a 90+ rated QB....I have yet to see anything from LT over the last 2 years that suggests he should be above an 84 (last year) and a 79 (this year.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #16
Rookie

don28's Arena

OVR: 7

LaDanian Tomlinson's best years were used up on very poor Chargers teams. Now that they should be on the verge of a championship, they have a fast-fading back who's getting by more on reputation than production.

In hindsight, they should have traded him and kept Michael Turner. But they knew what kind of backlash they would suffer in the community, and traded Turner instead. It shows in their red-zone production as they kick more field goals than a team of their talent level should.

Plus, Norv Turner is the head coach. Norv does less with more than any coach I've ever seen. From 14-2 to 8-8 in two years, and somehow I envision them losing the division to the Broncos this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »