Home

LaDanian Tomlinson still a Madden Elite? WTF?!

This is a discussion on LaDanian Tomlinson still a Madden Elite? WTF?! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2009, 05:12 PM   #49
Look Watch

JoeC's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: LaDanian Tomlinson still a Madden Elite? WTF?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaReaper09
Slow down Raider fan. LT better than Willer Parker? NOOOOOO. Not better than any back the Steelers have. For as much as I hate the Colts, I would much rather have Addai. Being a back means you need to do a number of things. Run the ball, inside and out. Pick up the blitz, catch the ball, hell, even take snaps since so many teams are using the Wildcat. LT maybe the best pass throwing back, maybe, but not better than those two guys.
Yes LT better than Willie Parker show me something that proves that statement to be wrong. Parker has not done anything this year sure you can say nagging injuries but LT has had his injuries too. If we are talking about about backs being done well Willie Parker is done. As for him being better than Addai well maybe he is maybe he isnt. In my opinion LT is better as I think Addai has always been hugely overrated. You say a back has to pick up the blitz and catch the ball well LT has better hands than both Parker and Addai and is just as good if not better at picking up the blitz than both. Parkers career high in catches was 31 and Addai 41 catches. Tomlinson career high 100 catches with no year under 51 catches and last year when the downfall of Tomlinson started he had 1,110 yards 11 TD 52 catches playing with nagging injuries. Compare that to Addai and Parker last year Parker 791 yards in 11 games and only 3 catches. Addai 544 yards in 12 games with 25 catches. Tomlinson is better than both and always has been. I mean look at Addai this season 62 att 210 yards 3.4 YPC, Parker 52 att 159 yards 3.1 YPC and this cannot be blames on the Steelers line as Mendenhall has been tearing it up. Tomlinson 20 att 70 yards 3.5 YPC missed 2 games. Now by the numbers there is not a lot of difference between the 3 but I give Tomlinson the edge based on hands and blitz pickup and also based on the fact he hasnt been 100% since early in game 1. Lets see what he does the next couple of weeks and I might change my mind on LT. In my opinion though he is still a top 15 starting running back and as for his Madden rating it is still to high after this last updated and should be an 86-87.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:39 PM   #50
Rookie

Imaking332's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4ever
do you guys not watch football?

yes you heard me correct - the raiders defense is made up of some of the best players in football.

especially the skill positions.

BUT the scheme is responsible for them getting destroyed. just like on MNF at the start of the year.....the defense the raiders play is the first defense teams play in practice before preseason. it's vanilla. it's rush 4 down linemen and man coverage.

any good team that knows how to gameplan can destroy the raiders over the middle or beat 1-1 man coverage.

what makes someone like nnamdi special is that he almost never gets beat and plays on an island all day.

al davis doesn't realize that players like nnamdi are an exception to the rule. chris johnson is a very good db but he is not able to line up in man coverage with no help all game and not get beat. just as every other corner is.

the defense that the raiders play makes them even weaker on the edges against the run.

it's the scheme...not the players.

if the raiders had mike nolan as defensive coordinator instead of al davis +1, we'd be seeing the raiders d dominate every sunday. they can't because the scheme is archaic.
excuses,excuses,excuses you are very biased, did u watch the game it was over in the 1st quarter scheme had nothing to do with their defense when even David Carr looked like Peyton Manning against them. Obviously im a Patriots fan and I can admit their defense sucks especially Shawn Springs but getting on to the subject LT is an 84 at best and Darren Sproles is not an 85 should be lower.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:14 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 2

scheme has a lot to do with it. raiders defensive scheme has made bums look like peyton manning for decades now....rarely does there scheme every bode well for them

look at tonight....

darrelle revis gets all this hype as a great corner and one of the best......
finds himself in man coverage and chad henne lights his *** up for a TOUCHDOWN...imagine if he was in man coverage all game long. lol

he wouldn't look any better than chris johnson does on the raiders.

the scheme has everything to do with giving up that many points to a good team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2009, 02:09 AM   #52
Rookie

ThaReaper09's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC
Yes LT better than Willie Parker show me something that proves that statement to be wrong. Parker has not done anything this year sure you can say nagging injuries but LT has had his injuries too. If we are talking about about backs being done well Willie Parker is done. As for him being better than Addai well maybe he is maybe he isnt. In my opinion LT is better as I think Addai has always been hugely overrated. You say a back has to pick up the blitz and catch the ball well LT has better hands than both Parker and Addai and is just as good if not better at picking up the blitz than both. Parkers career high in catches was 31 and Addai 41 catches. Tomlinson career high 100 catches with no year under 51 catches and last year when the downfall of Tomlinson started he had 1,110 yards 11 TD 52 catches playing with nagging injuries. Compare that to Addai and Parker last year Parker 791 yards in 11 games and only 3 catches. Addai 544 yards in 12 games with 25 catches. Tomlinson is better than both and always has been. I mean look at Addai this season 62 att 210 yards 3.4 YPC, Parker 52 att 159 yards 3.1 YPC and this cannot be blames on the Steelers line as Mendenhall has been tearing it up. Tomlinson 20 att 70 yards 3.5 YPC missed 2 games. Now by the numbers there is not a lot of difference between the 3 but I give Tomlinson the edge based on hands and blitz pickup and also based on the fact he hasnt been 100% since early in game 1. Lets see what he does the next couple of weeks and I might change my mind on LT. In my opinion though he is still a top 15 starting running back and as for his Madden rating it is still to high after this last updated and should be an 86-87.
Willie Parker just missed his second game. You wanna pull out anymore BS kid? Face it, LT is done, and so are the Chargers, and so are the Raiders, but you already knew that. Madden rating 81.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:26 AM   #53
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4ever
darrelle revis gets all this hype as a great corner and one of the best......
finds himself in man coverage and chad henne lights his *** up for a TOUCHDOWN...imagine if he was in man coverage all game long. lol

Even the best get beaten. He missed the jam on the press coverage.

Happens. Best, elite, awesome <> perfect.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:31 AM   #54
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Some of the reasoning and logic here makes no sense.

Stop looking at box scores and stat sheets. Don't act like you know everything when you don't even watch the games of every team.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:32 AM   #55
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Even the best get beaten. He missed the jam on the press coverage.

Happens. Best, elite, awesome <> perfect.
He was obviously on The Player's team in Madden terms....If it had been Revis for the Cpu, the Press would have held for about 4 seconds (and yes I'm still sulking)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2009, 09:42 AM   #56
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaReaper09
Willie Parker just missed his second game. You wanna pull out anymore BS kid? Face it, LT is done, and so are the Chargers, and so are the Raiders, but you already knew that. Madden rating 81.
Man stop it. Willie Parker never has been nor will he ever be the RB that LT is/was. They don't even belong in the same sentence. Parker might not even have his job much longer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »