Home

LaDanian Tomlinson still a Madden Elite? WTF?!

This is a discussion on LaDanian Tomlinson still a Madden Elite? WTF?! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2009, 06:50 PM   #65
Look Watch

JoeC's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: LaDanian Tomlinson still a Madden Elite? WTF?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaReaper09
Well ok, since you say he is such a vital part of the passing game, let's check his receiving stats. 1 reception for -1 yards. He's awesome. You are right, he should have 99 overall.
Never said he should be 99 do you even read my posts I said an 85-86. My arguement is not that LT is elite its just that he is not done and that he is better than Parker. He has played in 2 games this year so we can reserve judgement on whether he is going to be a big part of the passing game this season. All I know is that in every year of his career he has been a huge part of the passing game and Parker never has been. My whole point is that LT is a better all around back than Parker always has been always will be. Is LT elite NO he is not has he lost a step YES is he done NO. Did Parker hugely fell off last season way more than LT YES. The whole arguement started for me a few pages back when someone said that every back in the league even backups are better than LT and that just is not true. There are several teams that LT would still start on. Is he as good as he used to be no not even close is he still as good as any other average starter in the league yes he is. He is now in the class of Julius and Thomas Jones, Joseph Addai, Willie Parker, Jamal Lewis the Patriots backs. Where did I ever say that I wanted LT to be a 99 or even a 90 it never happened.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2009, 07:35 PM   #66
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
So because LT is the every down back and gets thrown to more, that means he's better than Willie Parker? No.
Now that was funny. If you knew football you would know that this is one of the very reason why LT has always been the far greater player than Parker. It is a great assest for any team to have an every down back and one that can catch out of the backfield. For one reason it allows for flexability and options for your offense and the passing game. It's simple facts that if you have a guy that is one the field for three downs instead of two he is a more dangerous weapon.

The reason why Moore is the third down back for the Steelers is simply because Parker has zero affect on the passing game and is no threat on passing downs. When you have a back like LT or Westbrook it makes the defense have to account for another player on passing downs therfore taking another defender out of the middle of the field for the reciever to have room to work. When you have a back that is zero threat in the passing game he is taken off the field for somebody who is.

It's common sense that a player who has been excellent in every aspect of the game is better than one who has only been great one aspect.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:20 PM   #67
Rookie

ThaReaper09's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
Now that was funny. If you knew football you would know that this is one of the very reason why LT has always been the far greater player than Parker. It is a great assest for any team to have an every down back and one that can catch out of the backfield. For one reason it allows for flexability and options for your offense and the passing game. It's simple facts that if you have a guy that is one the field for three downs instead of two he is a more dangerous weapon.

The reason why Moore is the third down back for the Steelers is simply because Parker has zero affect on the passing game and is no threat on passing downs. When you have a back like LT or Westbrook it makes the defense have to account for another player on passing downs therfore taking another defender out of the middle of the field for the reciever to have room to work. When you have a back that is zero threat in the passing game he is taken off the field for somebody who is.

It's common sense that a player who has been excellent in every aspect of the game is better than one who has only been great one aspect.
Zero threat? You must not watch football. He scored the Steelers first TD vs the Bengals off of a catch and run. He scored the game winning TD vs the Browns two years back. IT WAS A PASS. My whole point was that LT can't do the things that he used to. Which is why I was so sarcastic when I said he should be a 99.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:38 PM   #68
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

Quote:
Zero threat? You must not watch football. He scored the Steelers first TD vs the Bengals off of a catch and run. He scored the game winning TD vs the Browns two years back. IT WAS A PASS. My whole point was that LT can't do the things that he used to. Which is why I was so sarcastic when I said he should be a 99.
When you can only give me two examples over the past 3 years of him making a real play on a pass then yes I would say that is pretty much a zero threat. Everybody can get a pass play every now I mean this is the NFL we are talking about. But if he was any kind of threat at all in the passing game and/or could pick up blocks he wouldn't be on the sideline on third down.

Also lets not confuse screen passes with making catches out of the backfield or down the field. That is the only time the ball is thrown Parker's way. I willing to bet you both of those example you gave where screen passes.

When LT has had more catches and yards in one season that Parker has had in his entire career I would say the gap between the two in that aspect is beyond far.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:09 AM   #69
Banned

OVR: 2

LT and Parker are BOTH NOT GOOD.

Mendenhall >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Parker

Sprols>>>LT

Mendenhall>>>>>>>Sproles>Parker>>LT

But even that's being generous with LT. LT is absolute trash. He is done. He has no longevity after he hit the wall like Jamal Lewis. Lewis hit the wall the year after he had the single game record.....but still is able to be serviceable. LT is not serviceable. He is just not good.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:16 AM   #70
Banned

OVR: 2

And as for the Raiders.....

look at the D today....for once they didn't call an AL DAVIS d...they blitzed and ran zone coverages for almost 75% of the day.

RESULT: PHI gets sacked 6 times after only giving up 6 sacks all year. Get only 9 points (3FGs). AND Nnamdi barely played. Refs stripped Routt of an INT for a TD with a bad PI call that upon review wasn't even close to being PI....Maclin merely fell.

Thomas Howard was a part of 4 total blitzes. 1 resulted in a sack for him. The other he hit McNabb hard as he was throwing....result incomplete. Another play he brought pressure and Scott got the sack....and on another play he forced a bad pass. Speed blitzers work wonders.

Raiders D simply shut down PHILLY and they had many chances to go at them and sometimes great field position.

If the Raiders D can dial up blitzes and play zone coverages they can easily be a top 5 d in the league. the players are too fast, athletic, and talented not not succeed in a scheme that average players excel in.

Put the Steelers in a rush 4 defense, drop the LBs back to play the underneith and the corners and safeties in man......watch teams put 40 on them. The NFL today requires good players....not elite....to play zone with multiple pressure schemes. the elite players excel in these defenses.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:05 AM   #71
Rookie

ThaReaper09's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
When you can only give me two examples over the past 3 years of him making a real play on a pass then yes I would say that is pretty much a zero threat. Everybody can get a pass play every now I mean this is the NFL we are talking about. But if he was any kind of threat at all in the passing game and/or could pick up blocks he wouldn't be on the sideline on third down.

Also lets not confuse screen passes with making catches out of the backfield or down the field. That is the only time the ball is thrown Parker's way. I willing to bet you both of those example you gave where screen passes.

When LT has had more catches and yards in one season that Parker has had in his entire career I would say the gap between the two in that aspect is beyond far.
Nope. Neither were.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaRw2...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFIdg...eature=related

^^^ :45. but honestly, I'm done talking about this. Willie is still good, albeit a little more injury prone then he was in his Pro bowl years. But Rashard is the future, we drafted him for a reason. Same reason we drafted M Dub. Hines isn't getting any younger, but he is still a great receiver and will still contribute.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 10:41 PM   #72
Banned

I must admit last night Ladanian still showed signs and flashes of an elite. Almost 4 yards per carry and 30 receiving yards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »