Home

if cedric benson isnt at least a 88 next update

This is a discussion on if cedric benson isnt at least a 88 next update within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2009, 03:31 AM   #25
Rookie

ThaReaper09's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: if cedric benson isnt at least a 88 next update

Well, carrying the ball 16 times for 44 yards against a Houston D that has been giving up 125 yards gm + on the ground isn't going to sway any people at EA his way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2009, 10:57 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

the leading rusher (cedric benson) says high
Old 10-26-2009, 03:01 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

LOL he tore it up today. Grats to him once again against a good D.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:11 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

I dont even play with the bengals nor do i like them but ced is beasting this year llike previous post are saying he is leading the lead in rushing.. not AP not LT not sprolled jamal nor steven jackson, chris johnson they are all behind cedric benson now i am not saying he is better than the before mentioned but he sould be in the high 80's until he scrubs out. ced had 198 yard yesterday. he needs a jump he is being one of the most reliable rb's this year ap aint really doing anything and he is a 99 he has only 2 games of 100 yard or more and he dont go down. so ced def should go up..
Old 10-26-2009, 03:53 PM   #29
Rookie

cman's Arena

OVR: 4

After yesterdays game against the Bears, he needs a 2 pt boost.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:42 AM   #30
Rookie

TheLastMohican7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjswooosh
First of all, let's clarify something. I didn't say he's inconsistent. Scouts Inc scouts are saying this. I'm going to trust their evaluation of Benson over yours any day. Second, this was a pre-season scouting report before THIS season, NOT 3 yrs old as you imply. This report takes into account his performance at the end of last season.

The bottom line is that he HAS been inconsistent and not a top tier producer over the bulk of his career. He also doesn't possess superior athletic talent or top shelf vision/balance. He's an overachiever. Period. If he can keep this up then he might be one of the best overachievers ever, and will certainly have my respect. But, so far in his career he has not demonstrated this ability outside of these 8 games that you reference.

Let's see how his stats ring up at the end of the season. Further, let's see how those "3 stingiest defenses" rank at the end of the season as well.

Finally, the grading system that Scouts Inc is not equivalent to the grading system that Madden uses. In general, the points system seems to be 5 - 15 pts lower on average for Scouts Inc players. In other words, in Madden Peyton Manning is a 99 but in Scouts Inc he's a 93. Most players seem to be about 10 points lower on average using the Scouts scale. So, using that scale Benson would be 63 + 10-15 pts, which means he's be between a 73 and a 78. I'd say a correct score would be slightly higher than that given his high production thus far. But, talent wise he is no higher than a 78 - 80. Production wise he's in the mid 80s.

Again, there's no way to show discrepencies between on field talent and production in Madden. There's no way to show how coaching/chemistry/or drive/willpower can overcome a lack of talent. So, you have to pump his stats up to a mid 80s to duplicate his real world production...when in fact he is nowhere near as talented as most other backs in the NFL who are in the mid to high 80s range. So, the question remains...can he produce consistently? His previous history in the league says no. Perhaps he can though. We shall see.
To say that Benson is a 78-80 in talent is extremely ignorant. He was the 4th overall pick for crying out loud.

He absolutely deserves to be a 90 if guys like Matt Forte and Michael Turner do. He hasn't looked this fast since high school, so his speed and acceleration should definitely go up and maybe a little in trucking although he doesn't typically run guys over.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:31 AM   #31
Hook 'Em Horns

St3fN_sTrApS's Arena

OVR: 18

Yeah forget an 88 give him a 90! Ced Bens is playin up to the expectations that scouts had set for him comin out of the draft and that is truly undeniable!

He has finally gotten his swag back and he is shoving it into the face of the experts that said he would never play again and counted him out.

Big ups to Ced! Keep it up man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2009, 12:32 PM   #32
Rookie

Fender178's Arena

OVR: 3

I think an 86 rating for Benson is fair 6 point rating is a pretty good jump.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »