Home

Darren Sproles

This is a discussion on Darren Sproles within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2009, 02:12 AM   #9
Rookie

The Dude 419's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Darren Sproles

They do need a drop everyone knows this, except Charger fans and EA apparently.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:33 AM   #10
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4ever
it doesn't matter about their line etc.

all that matters is them.
haha WHAT? Seriously one of the dumbest things i have ever read

Last edited by franch1se; 10-19-2009 at 04:08 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:25 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Koalition
I really thinK EA sports needs to step up their game when updating these rosters - I see not much evaluation goes through for each player week after week. I made this a case in one of my other threads about Jake Delhomme being a 75 overall, that is too big of a drop for a top tier QB in the NFL. He should remain at 80. QBs have their bad games. Take into account the recievers too.

EA is keeping Darren Sproles and LT as these high elite players, why? I do not know. I don't understand how LT can be horrible and have a 92 but when Jake throws 3 touchdowns and 8 interceptions he gets a lousy 76 overall - that is too low.

Come on EA...
Jake Delhomme deserves his 75 OVR rating, he is the 3rd worst starting QB in the NFL, outdone only by Derek Anderson and Jamarcus Russell. Delhomme is turning it over on average 2-3 times a game, you can't really blame the WRs because he has Steve Smith (who is in danger of becoming "the other Steve Smith") and Mushin Muhammed. Carolina's running game carried them last year, but now that they're trying to pass it more it just shows what a sorry QB Delhomme is.

On a side note, whenever I download a new roster update I alter some of the player ratings/OVRs that i feel EA messed up, top of the list: Lower LT and Sproles to about 81 (generous I feel) and 83 respectively. Next on the list is Brady (down to 95-96 OVR), but that one is more debateable and is just my personal preference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 12:13 PM   #12
Rookie

MajaFiggaz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4ever
it doesn't matter about their line etc.

all that matters is them.
The ONLY player in my lifetime I see play well with a relatively weak O-Line was Barry Sanders. If your O-Line can't open up holes, you will get stuffed in the backfield. Even an weak RB with an above average should get 3 YPC...if it is at 2.4 like Sproles(who I think is an above average-good player), the Offensive Line is most likely the culprit, have you watch Charger games? They can't run sweeps or tosses(a prime play for a small speedy guy like Sproles) because the Tackles cant block ends well.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:24 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

and if sproles rushes for over 50 yds tonight he gets a 3 pt boost because it was on MNF
Old 10-19-2009, 04:32 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajaFiggaz
The ONLY player in my lifetime I see play well with a relatively weak O-Line was Barry Sanders. If your O-Line can't open up holes, you will get stuffed in the backfield. Even an weak RB with an above average should get 3 YPC...if it is at 2.4 like Sproles(who I think is an above average-good player), the Offensive Line is most likely the culprit, have you watch Charger games? They can't run sweeps or tosses(a prime play for a small speedy guy like Sproles) because the Tackles cant block ends well.
great...then their oline should go down a lot....but the RBs who fall behind the line of scrimmage should too.

READ WHAT I WRITE BEFORE YOU REPLY.

REGARDLESS OF HOW AWFUL the line is, the RBs are not producing.

JUST LIKE A WIDE RECEIVER: If a QB can't throw him the ball, he won't get numbers......and thus madden drops their rating.

EXAMPLE:

RANDY MOSS was a 99 until he became a Raider and nobody could throw him the ball. So he dropped.

Last year he dropped because Matt Cassell was throwing him the ball.

Now with Brady back he will most likely be a 98-99.

Same should apply to RBs and OLINE. If nobody is blocking for them.....their numbers should drop.

TOMLINSON IS OLD. He's played what 10 years?!?!?!!! HE IS DONE.

I've seen every chargers game the last 3 years....he is done. this year they are better when he is not in the game.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:00 PM   #15
Rookie

Sproles kick return for TD = he'll be an 88 in new roster update

LT still looks average but he'll be a 94 again because he doesn't look inept.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 10:24 PM   #16
Rookie

ThaReaper09's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightnreyes
Sproles kick return for TD = he'll be an 88 in new roster update

LT still looks average but he'll be a 94 again because he doesn't look inept.
Punt bro, Punt. Anyway, Sproles should be an 84. For a little guy, he's pretty good. Can still catch the ball and obviously return, but trying to run a guy 5'6" 170lbs between the tackles isn't going to net many yards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »