Home

Darren Sproles

This is a discussion on Darren Sproles within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2009, 10:33 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Darren Sproles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaReaper09
Punt bro, Punt. Anyway, Sproles should be an 84. For a little guy, he's pretty good. Can still catch the ball and obviously return, but trying to run a guy 5'6" 170lbs between the tackles isn't going to net many yards.
it's really not about sproles because i like him but it's when i compare him to someone like leon washington it's annoying. how does sproles get a 5 pt edge on leon when leon is the better player?
Old 10-20-2009, 12:41 AM   #18
Rookie

ThaReaper09's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightnreyes
it's really not about sproles because i like him but it's when i compare him to someone like leon washington it's annoying. how does sproles get a 5 pt edge on leon when leon is the better player?
It's due to how good he is at returning. But I agree, he and Leon should be about even when it comes to overall.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaReaper09
It's due to how good he is at returning. But I agree, he and Leon should be about even when it comes to overall.
leon was the AFC special teams player on the pro bowl last season. He had the 2nd highest kick return avg. better then sproles! his stats were better then sproles.

i don't understand why sproles is rated so high in this game. yeah he's fun to watch when he has the ball but it doesn't translate.

BTW, sproles is only like an 82 in kick returns in madden so IDK how he is still 5 pts better.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:45 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightnreyes
leon was the AFC special teams player on the pro bowl last season. He had the 2nd highest kick return avg. better then sproles! his stats were better then sproles.

i don't understand why sproles is rated so high in this game. yeah he's fun to watch when he has the ball but it doesn't translate.

BTW, sproles is only like an 82 in kick returns in madden so IDK how he is still 5 pts better.

Man I here all This complaining about people being homers i.e Chargers fans. But As a nuetrul guy i would be willing to bet your a Jets fan haha. I would take Sproles over Washington any day
Old 10-21-2009, 05:50 AM   #21
All Star

OVR: 33

LT has 1 fumble lost in his last 1010 carries.

And he doesn't have 99 carrying. ANd Michael turner WIth 4 fumbles in the last 5 games has 98 carrying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2009, 07:20 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4ever
BUT THE GAME NEEDS TO REFLECT WHAT HAPPENS IN THE GAME.
And what happens in the game is the O-Line sucks and doesn't block.

Yet you say drop the HB?

How is that reflecting what's in the game?

The O-Line should be pounded in ratings before the HB.

As far as WR and bad QB - again, how does lowering the WR reflect what's happening in the game.

A bad QB is making bad passes - that should be reflected. If the WR is running good routes and making the plays he can when his bad QB actually gives him a chance, that needs to be reflected.

Saying "drop the WR because his QB is bad" is not reflected football or what's happening. What's happening is his QB is bad, so reflect that and the WR production with the skills he has will already drop.

You can see it in Madden as it is now. A bunch of great WR with Pat White or *gasp* Josh Johnson will not put up stats their 90+ OVR will show. Now get Brees, Payton, Brady - and those great QBs will get the ball to WR and then the WR will start to shine.

Saying "who cares about the offensive line?" Rating the game like that is the farthest possible from reflecting football.

Last edited by KBLover; 10-21-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:42 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
And what happens in the game is the O-Line sucks and doesn't block.

Yet you say drop the HB?

How is that reflecting what's in the game?

The O-Line should be pounded in ratings before the HB.

As far as WR and bad QB - again, how does lowering the WR reflect what's happening in the game.

A bad QB is making bad passes - that should be reflected. If the WR is running good routes and making the plays he can when his bad QB actually gives him a chance, that needs to be reflected.

Saying "drop the WR because his QB is bad" is not reflected football or what's happening. What's happening is his QB is bad, so reflect that and the WR production with the skills he has will already drop.

You can see it in Madden as it is now. A bunch of great WR with Pat White or *gasp* Josh Johnson will not put up stats their 90+ OVR will show. Now get Brees, Payton, Brady - and those great QBs will get the ball to WR and then the WR will start to shine.

Saying "who cares about the offensive line?" Rating the game like that is the farthest possible from reflecting football.

THIS IS HOW EA DOES THE RATINGS. I AM ASKING FOR CONSISTENCY!!!!!

How do you not understand this simple concept?

There are great players on bad teams. The result from EA: they drop the players ratings to reflect the poor TEAM play. They've been doing this forever....just not with Tomlinson now.

What do we know for a FACT:

WE KNOW: RBs get worse after they've played 8-9 years as a starter and are upwards of 29 years old. THAT'S WHAT WE KNOW.

WE KNOW: Older players get injured more often AND older RBs that start getting injured CONTINUE to get injured and NEVER fully recover. THAT'S WHAT WE KNOW.

So regardless of how bad the Chargers o-line is:

WE KNOW, LT is OLD, much slower, injury prone, and IS NOT doing what he used to do. When he didn't have a dominant line when he was younger, he was amazing. Back when the Chargers were winning only 4 games a year he was doing great behind a poor oline. NOW he suddenly relies solely on blocking?

Stop arguing for the sake of arguing. Dude sucks.....OBVIOUSLY.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:39 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 36

I completely agree with Sproles rating. He plays like he does in the game. LT is way too good at trucking defenders. He should be an 85.

Your argument for Leon is right on. I like Sproles' ratings but Leon needs to go up. I consider him the Jets best offensive player. I'd say they are both 84.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »