Home

Revis = best CB in NFL

This is a discussion on Revis = best CB in NFL within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2009, 11:57 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Revis = best CB in NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
On a some what related topic, I wanted to see how good these corners are in Madden, and see if they really shut you down. I went into practice mode, and tried every single route with a crappy receiver (Darius Heyward-Bey) on Revis and later Braylon Edwards on Asomugha. Great news for me, they really really shut you down. I tried every route, in complete man coverage, and only 2 times did I complete a pass. One for Heyward-Bey was when he did the route where he right away turned toward the middle, and sprinted towards the sideline (Press the right stick down when audibling for it). That route is pure speed and Revis wasn't bumping, so it makes perfect sense. But any route where Heyward-Bey didn't immediately change directions, Revis had it shut down. The fly route had no chance, as Gradkowski is innacurate, and Revis had great position. Against Asomugha, Edwards beat him once on a fly route (The one where he starts to run to the sideline first). It was a great catch though, as Asomugha just missed deflecting it, and Edwards caught it and barely got his feet in the back of the endzone. Great play, but other than that Asomugha shut him down. Also both corners combined for about 8 INTs, in 40 attempts.

They both made spectacular catches, deflections, and to my suprise had great positioning, and with Defensive Pass Reaction at 40 for me, the corners weren't psychic. Revis only jumped the slant route right when Heyward-Bey stopped and slightly turned his hips to the right. Watching it in replay, I was very happy with the results.

I noticed the same thing in the last game I played. I have Revis on one of my fantasy draft teams and he shut out Calvin Johnson. 0 Catches. 0 Yards.

I never had Woodson - good to know he's just as nasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2009, 01:15 AM   #66
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightnreyes
Tom Jackson just said Revis is the best CB in the league, hands down, bar none.

Deion Sanders thinks Revis is the best

madden thinks revis is the best

just sayin
I'm watching NFL Gameday Final and Deion yelled "DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR" when Revis made his pick. He then yelled it again when Woodson made his. His opinion doesn't count since he's clearly conflicted. Lol.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:24 AM   #67
Pro

OVR: 11

With a great defense?....yea...Aso is still the best.

Where has Revis been before this year...before Rex..before all the other defensive pick ups...
Old 12-14-2009, 06:20 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basebrooklyn
Coming from a packers fan.

The statement to begin with. Was made by a METS fan.
And now by someone from Brooklyn, or so I assume.

So really, none of that.

I already stated Revis is the better coverage DB.

So that being set aside. This is why I said Woodson is the best CB, but Revis is the best coverage corner...

Woodson - 61 tackles 2 sacks 4 forced fumbles 8 interceptions 2 td's
Revis - 46 tackles 0 sacks 0 forced fumbles 6 interceptions 1 td

Now. Comparing just THAT.

Woodson is the more complete / complete PERFORMING CB.

/thread.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:23 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnArtofWar

Where has Revis been before this year...before Rex..before all the other defensive pick ups...
Success rate man...
//thread.

Last edited by buddha9009; 12-14-2009 at 06:27 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:00 AM   #70
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:

Revis was in his second year and shutting out a lot of top receivers. This is why he was rated a 91 I beleive first roster update.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:25 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:

Revis was excellent last year too. It was just his 2nd year. He just didn't get much attention because of Favre and the high scoring Jets offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »