Home

Madden 11 Roster File

This is a discussion on Madden 11 Roster File within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2010, 10:09 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 11 Roster File

I guess my question then is what files have you looked at and changed to redo stats and numbers and cap limits?

OR Do you go team by team?
Old 04-14-2010, 10:16 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 16

I can only change the attributes and jersey numbers in the roster file, you have to wait to create the franchise file to change the cap space and draft picks.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:21 PM   #11
Rookie

Ok makes sense. Thanks for the great work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2010, 07:48 AM   #12
Rookie

Hey cursive how do make sure what players come out of NCAA? I always end up not remembering someone. Good work anyways!!! Keep it up!
Old 04-15-2010, 02:17 PM   #13
MVP

This is the way I do it,

Take all the underclass men who declared for the draft a senior, make all underclass men that did not declare a true sophomore so that there is no chance the come out early. Then anyone that is expected to be drafted rate them 90 overall or better and this is my formula.

Top 15 picks rated 99 overall
1st round picks rated 97-98 overall
2nd round picks rated 95-96 overall
3rd round picks rated 93-94 overall
4th and 5th round picks rated 91-92 overall
6th and 7th round picks rated 90 overall

Players that get imported into a draft class do not get progression points at the end of the NCAA season so you can rate them before hand. Also and player that is rated to be a 3rd round pick or lower increase their main attribute higher then normal as madden decreases all rating for lower picks. Example, WR Jacoby Ford I set to 99 speed and 99 acc so when he comes out in madden as a late round pick his speed is still over 90.

Now when importing into madden that's where it gets tricky, you have to try and import the class so the top 15 players are ranked as the top 15 with the most potential. I've had classes with the everyone ranked almost perfect except the HB's and FS going way to low and I've had classes with HB's and FS's come out right and everything else wrong. I have imported around 40-50 times and I think I finally found a class that I like.

I will work on getting to right before the draft tonight and hopefully post late or sometime tomorrow.

The class has almost all ranking correct except HB's are a little low and Joe Haden and Earl Thomas low. The reason I am sticking with this class is that the top ranked rookie comes out as a 85 and most high rated rookies come out around 79-78 with the proper potential. I think this works the best if you want to continue the franchise. Examples would be Bradford at 79, Clausen at 74, Suh at 81, and Eric Berry coming out at 79 overall but at A potential. I think I would rather see high 70 rated rookies then high 80's. It looks like top 15 will be mid-low 80's, middle 1st through 2nd rounders in the 70's, and and anything lower high 60's to mid 50's.

I know some will be upset with Tebow coming out as a 69 overall but think about it this way; if he still comes out with B potential and 78 speed and 74 strength it makes it more realistic then having a rookie come out as 90-91 overall. Same with Javid Best coming out as a 69, but he has 92 speed and B potential.

I am trying to get Gerald McCoy and Earl Thomas to get their potential to increase as much as possible but with as many imports I have done this is by far the best class so far.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:36 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

how do i download the file to ps3?
Old 04-16-2010, 12:23 PM   #15
MVP

It's in a zip file, so download to your computer un-zip and save the folder called PS3 to a flash drive. Plug your flash drive into your PS3 and go the PS3 game saves, hit triangle on the usb drive icon and select copy. When you go into madden you will now see the franchise file.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2010, 01:55 PM   #16
MVP

I will be posting a updated roster file with all 3 WR trades done, Marshall, Holmes, and Ginn. Also changed player position and re-rated for the Bills and Redskins who are moving to a 3-4 defense.

This should be posted by 6PM pacific/9PM eastern.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »