Home

The Carolina Panthers in Madden 11

This is a discussion on The Carolina Panthers in Madden 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2010, 06:24 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: The Carolina Panthers in Madden 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotsk1d
As again, this was way back in the days. You really cant throw in warren moon.

Was success full, but suck in new york, and suck most of his time in arizona. Do you realize how arizona was this year? Kinda inconsistent as he has been ever since he left saint lewis.

No rings? No starts in the big one? When you have good recievers and oline who needs a good qb. Look at Derrick anderson in 07.
The grammar you have posted in this message has given me a headache, so I will not argue anymore.

Warner was thrown out of New York because of ELI. The only reason he was signed was to mentor Eli. Also yea I did watch the Cardinals this year, same team that went to the Divisional Round correct.

That is one of the more dumb things I have ever heard in my life concerning football.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:34 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWillard2
The grammar you have posted in this message has given me a headache, so I will not argue anymore.

Warner was thrown out of New York because of ELI. The only reason he was signed was to mentor Eli. Also yea I did watch the Cardinals this year, same team that went to the Divisional Round correct.

That is one of the more dumb things I have ever heard in my life concerning football.
First off you do realize that this is a forum? Meaning no one gives a $%# about spelling or grammar.

Warner has had his years, but he was inconsistant for the past 5. Ya thats what I mean inconsistant. YOu see how they played against the packers, then look how they played against the saints. The year before they played incredible on the east coast in the playoffs, while they didnt win a game their in the regular season.

Fact is Warners a Hall of Famer, Delhomme or Garcia are not. Warner was good for about 5 seasons mabeyy 6, but was inconsistant for the next 5. Garcia has been alright were ever hes gone, while delhomme had 3 seasons were he was good.

Any ways back to the point Matt Moore is completly unproven in the NFL at this point, no one really knows if he will do good or bad. THe fact is no one knows how clausen will do either, same as bradford, stafford, and every other young qb.

Moore could be in the UFL nexxt year for all we know, while he could be a probowler as well.

Basicly meaning you really cant rate a guy high, if you dont know how hes going to play. College is far different from the NFL. Look at Brohm, Flynne, Brennan, harrington, carr, Russell, and alot more players. More less, Moore probaly shouldnt be higher than 75, as he is completly unproven at this point.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 8

Sorry but Moore is NOT "completely unproven" the guy has played in, started and WON NFL GAMES. Moore has been on that team, in that same system, since 2007. While he has not done a great deal, what he HAS done counts for SOMETHING. I am not going to call him a veteran player and say that he is going to carry the whole team to the Super-bowl on his shoulders, but he is their starter going into camp and has a lot of promise. I don't mean to pick on the guy but, someone like Charlie Whitehurst who has not thrown a pass in a regular season game for 4 years, you can consider him completely unproven.

As far as Clausen goes, he had NO O-LINE AT NOTRE DAME, and played in a pro-style offence. Everything he got done was under pressure. He is going to have more familiarity with what he would be facing next season (if he gets play time), this will increase the chances that he is going to deliver.

Now for Edwards, he played WR in HS, so he HAS played the position before. While he is going to have his work cut out for him as far as brushing up on his route running and receiving skills so he can get back into that position, he is very fast. IF he can get those skills down, with the speed he has, he could be a very dangerous deep threat. Not even close to being a sure thing, but he sure could be great.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:09 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenBalla
The new team ratings were revealed and the Panthers are rated a 75? Giants rated an 81? Did we not crush the Giants last year like 44-17?

I know Julius Peppers did not have that much of an effect in ratings. He was like the only true player we lost!

Everything else is the same, if not better. We got rid of Brad Hoover, but we got Tony Fiammetta. Muhsin Muhammads gone but he was old anyway and Brandon LaFell is his replacement (speaking way too soon). If you ask me, I think Carolina should be atleast 81 tied with the Giants. Most of the offensive mistakes came from Jake Delhomme throwing interceptions. Look how Steve Smith and everyone played when Matt Moore came in.

This is non-sense.
First time poster here so bear with me lol. The panthers 75 overall in my opinion was a generous one by Donny Moore. They should be 68-72 overall again in my opinion. Your argument saying that the Panthers should be as good as the giants does not work at all in so many areas. the panthers last year had and still have issues on both sides of the ball. another reason why it just doesnt work is because my favorite team the Buffalo Bills beat the Panthers last yr. 20-9 and they also beat the Colts 30-7 and there is no way im going to try to make the argument that the Bills are as good as either of those two teams its just not a rational thought because we all know that the Bills could possibly lose to the NCAA champs Alabama. The idea of the Panthers being as good as the Giants is just not a rational thought espically when saying it as they beat them so they are better or just as good.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:15 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotsk1d
Hmm Jeff Garcia had good teams were ever he had success, Tony Romo has had a decent time in the NFL. Delhomme had about 4 seasons were he was good, Kurt Warner was inconsistent as well. Theirs a reason Kurt was cut, and then cut again. Not that he was bad, but he was not great. Warren Moon was way way back in the days so I guess you could bring up a whole bunch of players when the nfl sucked.
Not to start a war, but I think Tony Romo has had more than just a "decent time" in the NFL. Our defense was pretty bad there for a while, and he still managed to win us games. His W/L record is excellent considering he is undrafted, and the defense and offensive line had no discipline. And we probably would've beaten the Vikings if our O-Line hadn't completely fallen apart.

But back to the topic at hand. Panthers. Matt Moore. GO!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2010, 07:20 AM   #22
Rookie

Chargers beat Giants by one point in Week 9, 21-20. Surely that make's them 98 Overall. The Panthers have problems on both sides, and Moore played 3-4 games, to prove your better than the other guy you have to be there from start to finish and be consistent. Moore got his chance because Jake was benched. Watch this season and see if Moore can go the whole season or at least half with no problems, good statistics for a average QB of his type, and see if he can win game's. If people are going to argue that Moore is proven because of a few games, then I'm going to argue Charlie Whitehurst is a future HoF.

Edit: I'm going to regret saying that about Whitehurst if he does.

Last edited by -Bolts-; 06-08-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:13 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Bolts-
Chargers beat Giants by one point in Week 9, 21-20. Surely that make's them 98 Overall. The Panthers have problems on both sides, and Moore played 3-4 games, to prove your better than the other guy you have to be there from start to finish and be consistent. Moore got his chance because Jake was benched. Watch this season and see if Moore can go the whole season or at least half with no problems, good statistics for a average QB of his type, and see if he can win game's. If people are going to argue that Moore is proven because of a few games, then I'm going to argue Charlie Whitehurst is a future HoF.

Edit: I'm going to regret saying that about Whitehurst if he does.
Um jake was not benched he was on IR.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:24 AM   #24
Rookie

Well either way, Moore didn't earn his chance. Jake was placed on IR, Moore became the starter. There wasn't any competition to see who was the best.You could say the same about Brady, except he solidified his spot for years & years to come. If Moore can help the team win this season & more seasons to come, fair enough. If his a let down & the defense has to step up all the time, let Clausen come in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »