Home

Why are the Packers always underrated in Madden?

This is a discussion on Why are the Packers always underrated in Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2010, 04:34 AM   #89
Banned

OVR: 22
Re: Why are the Packers always underrated in Madden?

lol, wow what's happened the last 24 or so hours in this thread? Sad to see a fellow Packers fan get banned though. And I feel kind of cempelled to ask YankeePride to give him one more chance. By downgrading the infraction to a warning.

As for the thread, I think it's a stretch to say that TO is still good, or that Austin Collie is good at all. If you go meerly based on caverage stats there is not much difference between Woodson and Revis, less then about 5 catches allowed seperates the two.

Saying that, if I had to have one CB this year it would be Woodson. However, if I had to choose a CB to build my team around for the future, it would be Revis. Afterall, he is like 8 years younger.

I was kind of shocked that Woodson did win the Defensive Player of the Year last year, however. I figured that the NY market would play a role in the voting, glad to see it didn't, for once.

Last edited by GreenReign86; 06-12-2010 at 04:38 AM.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:42 AM   #90
Banned

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenReign86

As for the thread, I think it's a stretch to say that TO is still good, or that Austin Collie is good at all. If you go meerly based on caverage stats there is not much difference between Woodson and Revis, less then about 5 catches allowed seperates the two.

Saying that, if I had to have one CB this year it would be Woodson. However, if I had to choose a CB to build my team around for the future, it would be Revis. Afterall, he is like 8 years younger.

I was kind of shocked that Woodson did win the Defensive Player of the Year last year, however. I figured that the NY market would play a role in the voting, glad to see it didn't, for once.
You make some good points here, however TO didnt really have a quarterback in buffalo, so we cant really dittermine wether he still has it or not. I dont think anyone was considering collie good, I think it was that we were unsure if revis matched up against wayne, or wether wayne was taken out of the game with the manning.

As I said their both great corners, the difference is Revis is more of a complete shut down guy, while woodson makes more plays on the ball.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:24 PM   #91
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiX-Pack-SZ
Yeah you obviously know alot about the NFL kid...Yeah and i won't be here in hours okayyyy??
To be honest...Anybody can tell you are a Little kid maybe like 14...And yeah i sure am 5? When did i say i Burned you?

And i guess ill keep questioning you...
Calvin Johnson is horrible x2?
Sidney Rice x2?
Percy Harvin x2?
Larry Fitzgerald x2?
Anquian Boldin?
Chad Ochocinco?

Really... Are those guys Horrible? Man if they are horrible i would like you to tell me whos not because that's just hilarious.

I guess you love sports talk, but you are constantly get embarrased when you go against me in any arguement.

He didn't face both harvin and rice for 2 whole games or boldin and fitz either. He wasn't covering both of them the whole time so you can really only count either as one game against a tough opponent. As for calvin he only played one of the 2 games and as for chad they both faced him and revis faced him twice
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2010, 02:26 PM   #92
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenReign86
lol, wow what's happened the last 24 or so hours in this thread? Sad to see a fellow Packers fan get banned though. And I feel kind of cempelled to ask YankeePride to give him one more chance. By downgrading the infraction to a warning.

TO still put up better numbers than anyone I counted as an easy matchup and did so without a good qb and spending a decent amount of time not being the #1 option. As for collie, no he isn't that good but it is tough to say revis faced wayne the whole game. Wayne was pulled at the half wasn't he? I had thought so anyway but I could be wrong. That is why I mentioned both of them.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:25 PM   #93
Banned

OVR: 22

Looking over the player ratings, and well, I rest my case as to why the Packers are underrated every year in spite of having a pretty high overall. Seriously, only 4 players listed amung the best at their respective position, while the Vikqueens have like 10 is a joke. Nick Collins, only a 93? He is easily a top 2 or 3 FS in the NFL, he needs to be a 96 at least. I supose they didn't increase his speed to 95 where it should be, from the laughable 89 it was last year. Jermichael Finley not being in the top 10 in TE's is also pretty laughable. These ratings are a joke.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:23 PM   #94
Rookie

Megatron2k7's Arena

OVR: 12

Man..... I never come in these threads and talk down to anyone...... but come on guys...... !!!!

I thought this was the big boys place to hang out compared to the official EA Madden message boards that seem to be filled with children.

I am totally amazed at any of you who are using the team overall ratings as part of your argument..... why.. you may ask....... simple...

I would have thought that by now most of you would have realized that the team overall ratings are NOT REAL. They are just given out based on the opinion of Donny (maybe others too ).

If you want to see the TRUE OVERALL rating of any team.... u need to start a new franchise, and on the team select screen, you'll see the ACTUAL OVERALL rating based soley on the roster and the depth chart for each team.

If you do this.... you'll be surprised at how wrong the "handed out" team overalls actually are.

The other way to see the true team overall for Play Now games, is to simply sign a free agent to any team , or release any player and re-sign him to his team. Go check out the team overalls in play now afterwards, and be prepared to be shocked in some instances..... lol.

So people..... please don't use the team overall as an arguing point.... we won't know what they truely are until we have the game.... or convince Donny to give us the actual overall.....of course, that won't happen though.....it doesn't show enough seperation from the good to bad teams, like they are trying to say by giving us these "fake" overalls.

Oh..... and just for my 2 cents...... Nick Collins definitely needs a speed boost..... one of the biggest head scratchers of Donny's ratings IMO. Another one I don't hear much about is how badly ILB Brandon Chillar was rated last year..... In real life he takes away all of AJ Hawks opportunites in the Nickel D and other passing situations...... his low rating in Madden 10 would not let me make realistic use of his skills as a LB in sub packages.

ILB Nick Barnett should have about 80-81 speed.
HB Ryan Grant should have about 87-88 speed.
WR Donald Driver 88-89 speed.
TE Finley is ok at 85 speed, could maybe be up to 86, but I don't agree with Dallas Clark or Greg Olson being faster. They need to come down a point or two IMO.

Sorry for the long post. But I had to shed some light on the true overall of teams after seeing it used as a reason someone shouldn't complain about individual player ratings.

Peace.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »