Home

Why are the Packers always underrated in Madden?

This is a discussion on Why are the Packers always underrated in Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2010, 02:15 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 51
Re: Why are the Packers always underrated in Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWillard2
here are some quotes about my past

I was MattUM2 over at MaddenMania
O cool. Why dont you just have mellinuium change your password?
Old 06-09-2010, 04:42 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotsk1d
That was all his rookie year you no.

Rodgers had 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 years to develope and still was 5-11 his 1st season as a starter, and that was after being 14-2.
Actually it was 3 years, not 5. And the Packers were 6-10, not 5-11. And we lost like 7-8 games by 4 or fewer points. Most of which was on the defense giving the lead right back after Rodgers and the offense took the lead. Massive amounts of injuries were also to blame. The year prior when we were 13-3 we stayed reletively injury free. So again I say please do some research before you pretend to know what you're talking about.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:46 AM   #59
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotsk1d
No you misunderstood. I was saying that manning stepped right in and did good.

Rodgers had 5 years to sit and watch favre, so he was helped by far with his progression into this league.
I don't know what you're definition of "Good" is. But mine is not throwing 28 INT's, and having your team go 3-13. By comparrison that's 15 more INT's and 3 fewer wins then what Rodgers had in his 1st season as a starting QB.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:49 AM   #60
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrinity
The original poster is obviously delusional, as you seem to be also.
I don't have a horse in this race. I couldn't care less what he thinks of Rodgers. I just found it hilarious that instead of a debating in a civil manner he just resorted to sarcasm.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:26 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenReign86
I never said Rodgers was the best QB in the league. As for Peyton Manning he and the Colts were 3-13 in his rookie season, a season in which he started 16 games and threw 28 INT. There was another season he had a losing record I believe it was the year where Jim Mora had the famous tirade where he kept on saying "Playoffs, you kidding me, playoffs?" It was also the year before Tony Dungy became coach. Forgot what year that was though.
Okay. My bad. I thought I remembered NFL Network or ESPN saying he had never had a losing season. My bad. But still. ONE losing season, in his first season in the league. That's normal. Troy Aikman had a losing season in his rookie season. It happens.

But every season after, all he did was WIN WIN WIN.

Like Patskid said, this debate is about whether or not the Packers are ALWAYS underrated. And they're not, plain and simple. They are right where they need to be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 10:20 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 36

Don't give me the 'Revis is inferior to Woodson' crap. That's your opinion, there is no way you can just state that as a fact. In fact, many football statistics that rate cornerbacks, have Revis as the best by a pretty good margin. I have no problem with Woodson being 99, but Revis has to be right there.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:24 PM   #63
Banned

Just to clareify this thread a bit, I wasn't saying that the Packers as a team were always underrated, rather some of the key players on the team seem to be underrated every year.

Woodson before the updates was extremely underrated in M10, Jhonny Jolly was underrated before he was updated and imo was still slightly underrated after the final update. EA tends to put too much stock into sacks when rating lineman, sacks don't tell the whole story, especially for a 3-4 DE like Jolly he was something like a 70 with C potential before they updated him. Tramon Williams was inexcusably underrated and still is, for a nickelback who has had 11 INT the past 2 seasons to only be rated a 75 after the last update is a joke. And imo our pass D was better when he was playing for the injured Harris, as long as Jarrett Bush wasn't anywhere near the field. If he played in NY he would be a solid 80-85 overall. And Nick Collins with only 89 speed was a joke when even Viking fans said they should upgrade him to a 93-94 at least.

Last edited by GreenReign86; 06-10-2010 at 11:26 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:35 PM   #64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
Don't give me the 'Revis is inferior to Woodson' crap. That's your opinion, there is no way you can just state that as a fact. In fact, many football statistics that rate cornerbacks, have Revis as the best by a pretty good margin.
Revis gets 4 games off every season, having to face the weak WR corps of the Dolphins and Bills. While Woodson has to go up against the likes of Calvin Johnson, Sidney Rice, Percy Harvin. And well can't think of anyone from the Bears to mention other then Knox, Aromashadue (spelling?), and Hester, but that may be stretching it a bit.

Ok, so Revis gets 4 games off and Woody gets 2 games off per season (lol). Then last year Woody had more tackles, more sacks, more forced fumbles, more fumble recoveries, more TD's, and more INT's, then Revis had. Then when you look at their shutdown numbers, there is not much of a difference, Revis gave up only 3-5 fewer catches, with 2 more off days then Woody had.

Last edited by GreenReign86; 06-10-2010 at 11:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »