Home

Speed ratings etc etc

This is a discussion on Speed ratings etc etc within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2010, 03:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Speed ratings etc etc

Does anyone know where they come up with there speed and acc. ratings etc. Is it stats w/ a combo of how fast they think they run. Here is something I have a problem with.

A. Peterson has 97speed and 99acc and ran a 4.40 40yard dash but they give him speed like he is 4.28 or something, If Chris Johnson is 99sp and 99acc and he ran 4.24 come on now something is wrong with AP's speed. He is NO DOUBT one of the best RB's in the business but speed is messed up you can make him 98overall with other attributes.

I haven't seen all the ratings yet but I found a site w/ Jahvid Best ratings and they have him a 95sp 94acc and he ran a 4.35 40yard dash. I understand he hasn't played a game in the NFL yet but that should have nothing to do with speed and acc. Madden gave DHB good speed last year and he sucks. So I just don't understand. I could go on and on but if anybody knows why some of these players are favored in a game that is supposed to be 100% realistic it would be much appericated. FYI I do believe they do a good job on those stats but some people could use some tweeking and I have been bothered by this for years now.

Any opinions would be great. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2010, 03:40 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Speed ratings etc etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSmitty777
Does anyone know where they come up with there speed and acc. ratings etc. Is it stats w/ a combo of how fast they think they run. Here is something I have a problem with.

A. Peterson has 97speed and 99acc and ran a 4.40 40yard dash but they give him speed like he is 4.28 or something, If Chris Johnson is 99sp and 99acc and he ran 4.24 come on now something is wrong with AP's speed. He is NO DOUBT one of the best RB's in the business but speed is messed up you can make him 98overall with other attributes.

I haven't seen all the ratings yet but I found a site w/ Jahvid Best ratings and they have him a 95sp 94acc and he ran a 4.35 40yard dash. I understand he hasn't played a game in the NFL yet but that should have nothing to do with speed and acc. Madden gave DHB good speed last year and he sucks. So I just don't understand. I could go on and on but if anybody knows why some of these players are favored in a game that is supposed to be 100% realistic it would be much appericated. FYI I do believe they do a good job on those stats but some people could use some tweeking and I have been bothered by this for years now.

Any opinions would be great. Thanks
DHB deserved high speed, he just can't catch to save his life. Also, 40 times mean jack ****. It measures how fast you run in a straight line with no pads on. Speed ratings change after Madden Ratings The Guy sees the player run in pads in a game.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:35 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

DHB deserves high speed because of what then? He did nothing in the NFL last year w/ his pads on. He ran a fast 40 at the combine and that is why he deserves to be fast in the game. It is the only true thing you can gage someones speed off of.

I totally agree that putting on the pads and running is totally different.

That is why I started this thread to get some good opinions on what people think.

So what your really saying is the stats guy for Madden watch DHB sitting on the side lines all year and determined he had 97speed. Come on, he obvisously is using a combo of different things to determine stats. was just wondering if people had real facts or stats on how he or the team at Madden come up with this stuff.

Not trying to argue with you. Just letting you know that I took all of that in to consideration before I started this thread
Old 06-27-2010, 02:00 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSmitty777
DHB deserves high speed because of what then? He did nothing in the NFL last year w/ his pads on. He ran a fast 40 at the combine and that is why he deserves to be fast in the game. It is the only true thing you can gage someones speed off of.

I totally agree that putting on the pads and running is totally different.

That is why I started this thread to get some good opinions on what people think.

So what your really saying is the stats guy for Madden watch DHB sitting on the side lines all year and determined he had 97speed. Come on, he obvisously is using a combo of different things to determine stats. was just wondering if people had real facts or stats on how he or the team at Madden come up with this stuff.

Not trying to argue with you. Just letting you know that I took all of that in to consideration before I started this thread
lol your trying to say dhb doesnt deserve good speed? What thats funny, because not only was he fastest at the draft, but as you could see from college he was very fast.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:06 AM   #5
Rookie

DHB should be 99 speed no doubt... And so do alot of other players tbh.

But Donnie just goes off names. He doesn't pay attention to anything. Just fan bias, and names.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 07:40 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise-Star-21
DHB should be 99 speed no doubt... And so do alot of other players tbh.

But Donnie just goes off names. He doesn't pay attention to anything. Just fan bias, and names.

lol. I totally agree.. Not even the developers of Madden know where Donny gets his system from..

It's definitely not from 40 yd dashes..

Donny has Dez Bryant rated at 91 speed.. but Eric Decker rated at 85 speed..

Dez: 4.52, 4.68 and 4.52 seconds - Throw out 4.68.. The wind was against him.. so 4.52..

Eric: 40 Time: 4.54 40 Low: 4.45 40 High: 4.65.. Lets just take 4.54.... I won't take his low time..

6 points different in speed, but only a .02 difference in 40 yd dash time.
We both know why Dez's speed is higher but we can't say it..
Old 07-02-2010, 12:37 AM   #7
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm honestly not sure WHERE he gets speed ratings from...it can't be from 40s, because a lot of players have bad or really good days that could make them seem slower/faster than they really are...

Maybe he gets all the players to suit up and run down field...and goes from there?

(Nah, I know that's not it...but it'd make for a really cool spectacle. Imagine the money the NFL and EA could make by charging admission for THAT?!)

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 07-03-2010, 03:31 AM   #8
Rookie

Imaking332's Arena

OVR: 5

No disrespect I want to know if anybody here played football. 40 times have nothing to with game speed in football, 40s show scouts and coaches how well a player can follow directions by showing good technique. Obviously if someone runs a mind blowing time scouts and coaches will obviously know he is very fast but if someone runs an underwhelming time it doesnt detract them from what they already know. Devin Hester is one of the fastest players in the NFL but ran a 4.4(hes faster than some players who run 4.2). Reggie Bush ran a 4.45 but not counting Chris Johnson hes possibly the fastest running back. Running from a set stance in shorts for 40 yards is VERY different from running around with pads for usually 5-25 yds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »