Home

Request for Assistance with Marcus Vick's Madden 07 Ratings

This is a discussion on Request for Assistance with Marcus Vick's Madden 07 Ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2010, 09:40 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
Request for Assistance with Marcus Vick's Madden 07 Ratings

About a month or so ago I posted a request for information on Marcus Vick in Madden. Thank you again to those of you who responded and were interested enough to read what I had to say on the man. I now post a second Vick request, this time for information on his Madden 07 ratings.

I purchased a copy of the game for two dollars and discovered that he was not included on the Madden 07 CD-ROM. I selected the option that allowed me to download an update for the game but this update did not include Vick nor seem to have any effect at all on players or rosters. He was added to the game as a free agent in one of the five roster updates released for the game during the 2006 football season. He may have been moved to the roster of the Miami Dolphins, the team that signed him as a free agent after the draft, in a later update. I unfortunately have been able to discover precious little details about these five updates. I have surmised that he was probably included in the first roster update that became available on September 12, 2006 and appeared on the Dolphins in a late season update. It is unlikely that his ratings were adjusted during the season since he played only one quarter all year. I found a Web site devoted to Madden on PS2 that was mostly in Japanese and appeared to have some of his ratings. These numbers, which I assume were identical to his Xbox 360 ratings, were:

OVR: 66 -----PMV:
SPD: 90 ------FMV:
STR: 61------ BSH:
AGI: 87------ PRS:
ACC: 92------MCV:
AWR 40------ZCV:
TRK: ---------PBK:
ELU: ---------RBK:
BCV: ---------IBL:
SFA: ---------RBS:
SPM: --------RBF:
JKM: --------PBS:
CAR: 52----- PBF:
CTH: 69 -----KPW:
JMP: 85----- KAC:
THP: --------RET: 75
THA: --------STA: 84
TAK: --------INJ:

I would be most grateful for any and all assistance that those who read this post can provide me with verifying the ratings listed above for Vick and supplying those ratings I am missing. I would likewise appreciate hearing from anyone who can confirm or contradict that which I have related Vick and Madden in this post.

Thanks.

Warren Piecee

Last edited by Warren Piecee; 07-11-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 12:29 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
My Finished Product re: Marcus Vick’s Madden 07 Player Ratings

My Web research on Marcus Vick’s Madden 07 player ratings has again born fruit. Although it is not clear to which gaming platform a post I discovered that included another two of his ratings was related to, I again have gone forward under the assumption that there was no difference in player ratings between platforms. The particular ratings I found this time, throwing power and throwing accuracy, were the two I sought most keenly. At 87 and 80 respectively, both strike me as precisely where they should be based upon my extensive memory of watching the man perform on the college gridiron. Hats off the EA Sports and Madden for a job well-done.

Of Vick’s twenty-three Madden 07 attributes that remain a mystery to me, several observations beg to be made. There is little chance that I could ever discern them. All but six have little or no relevance to a position that Vick could conceivably play in Madden. In all likelihood the numbers assigned to Vick for them in Madden 08 were either identical or within just a few points of those given to him for the same attributes in Madden 07.

I have therefore concluded that by utilizing those of Vick’s ratings that I have been able to uncover and relying on his Madden 08 ratings for the rest, I could create a very close approximation of his Madden 07 player ratings as a wide receiver, the position he played in the game. My finished create-a-player screen cap for Vick’s Madden 07 ratings can be seen below. I assure the Operation Sports community that there is a method to my Marcus Vick madness as will be made apparent in a new thread in the near future. I will also soon post Vick’s complete Madden 08 ratings for anyone interested in them. I welcome any and all comments on my efforts.

Marcus Vick wore number 5 in college. He wore number 3 for a portion of Dolphins training camp. By the time he made the Dolphins roster, he was wearing number 16. This number would have allowed him to both play wide receiver/kick returner and quarterback. He is 6'0" and played at 216 pounds.

OVR: 66 ----- PMV: 10
SPD: 90 ------ FMV: 10
STR: 61------ BSH: 20
AGI: 87------ PRS: 15
ACC: 92------ MCV: 35
AWR 40------ ZCV: 33
TRK: 58-------PBK: 25
ELU: 88------- RBK: 20
BCV: 75-------IBL: 20
SFA: 45--------RBS: 25
SPM: 87-------RBF: 25
JKM: 85-------PBS: 20
CAR: 52----- PBF: 18
CTH: 69 ----- KPW: 21
JMP: 85------ KAC: 14
THP: 87------ RET: 75
THA: 80------STA: 84
TAK: 20------INJ: 84

Thanks.

Warren Piecee

Last edited by Warren Piecee; 08-11-2010 at 09:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »