Home

Alternative Football Reality Marcus Vick Create-a-Player Screen Cap for Madden 10

This is a discussion on Alternative Football Reality Marcus Vick Create-a-Player Screen Cap for Madden 10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2010, 11:10 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Alternative Football Reality Marcus Vick Create-a-Player Screen Cap for Madden 10

I will get back to you on this over the weekend.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:38 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Alternative Football Reality Marcus Vick Create-a-Player Screen Cap for Madden 10

hey i like what you are doing and was wondering if you could look into doing caps for:

-Timmy Chang-QB University of Hawaii, this kid was basically Colt Brennan just Brennan is better.
-Tom Malone-P USC, probably could punt the ball as far as anyone i have ever seen, he was a damn good punter for USC, he just never got any chances to punt.
-Darnell Bing-S/OLB USC. Darnell was a pretty darn good safety at USC. Was a really hard hitter and had some ball hawking skills, but in the pros, teams tried to unsuccessfully change him to OLB.
-Jason Rivers-WR University of Hawaii, He was Colt Brennan's favorite target even though he had Bess, Grice-Mullen, and Hawthorne to throw too. More of a possession/hands receiver than speed.
-Ryan Grice-Mullen-WR University of Hawaii, probably was the most gifted as an athlete goes out of Hawaii's receivers when they went undefeated. reminded me more of Bess, more speed and cuts than possession.

just some suggestions to maybe break away from only QBs. thanks for your time.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:45 PM   #11
Pro

Thanks for your interest and your suggestions. I will definitely give them some thought.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2010, 07:56 PM   #12
Pro

To bobthenailer:

Working together sounds great. Are you a carpenter, by the way? I only ask since you have an unusual username. Webb sounds like a fascination case of a quarterback to wide receiver conversion that never went forward. I think the bottom line is that if Favre does not come back the Vikings are going to be in big trouble at the quarterback position. I think they could go from a Super bowl contender to missing the playoffs. I think Masoli is a done deal as far as Ole Miss goes. I think I will put up both versions of Marcus Vick just because.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:37 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 8

yeah you could just call the receiver Mark Vick I guess say he was Marcus's identical twin brother. Lol I hope Webb goes forward as a QB, he is just in his rookie training camp right now, and he is the best hope the Vikings have as QB of the future on the roster right now, more youtube footage, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9PsUH1fmJk . The Vikings won't be the same team if Favre doesn't come back, (similar to what happened after Joe Kapp left after taking them to Super Bowl IV) but I mean this is what they have set themselves up for going into this with Favre. People can blame Favre if they want if he doesn't come back, but its not like this situation wasn't predictable. That being said, they made the right decision going with and sticking with Brett Favre. They would not have gotten nearly as good a QB anywhere else. Even at the best he possibly could do, Favre is going to be better than Jackson. Also the alternatives, trade Jackson and try to get a free agent or make a trade happen. I cringe to think which key team members or draft picks the vikes would have to give up to get a decent starting QB from anybody and Jackson, given most opinions of him, may rate a 4th round draft pick at best. I also think they were wise not going with McNabb. I think he could have a tough year ahead of him in Washington, but even if he does great, McNabb would only be a few years at best and that doesn't even put aside the worries about his injury history which is arguably even more troubling that Favre's age, or his ankle for that matter. I think Favre will be back though. Its all about motivation. The Vikes have a lot to prove, Favre as well. How many people are saying that they can't and won't be as good as they are last year, how many people said that Favre is a washed up old man? More importantly how many people said the same thing about him last year before the season? In conclusion I think that Favre is worth the risk compared to either A) Using Jackson as a starter B) Trading Jackson for someone like McNabb C) Drafting a rookie and expecting them to start/be better than Jackson. Look at a guy like Clausen (the vikes wouldn't have been able to get Bradford unless they gave the Rams too much), lots of promise and ability, could turn out great, but I still don't think he is better than Jackson is right now, which is what the vikes are all about. They need to get it done and get to the Super Bowl while they have the team they do now, if they wait and plan for the future it will be too late, and they will have lost (either through age/decline, injury, or free agency) some of what it is they have now that makes them great, which is not just Brett Favre.

Yeah as far as working together on these CAPS goes sounds great, I think its a great idea. I also like your idea for rounding out the CAPS even as far as equipment goes. I will post some of those ratings once Madden 06 arrives. Also, I think that as far as rosters go, I like your Alternate Football Reality moniker (AFR for short) I think that we should put those CAPs (all guys who could have been great but never turned out) in the free agency pool of a roster. I like that idea of what it could do for people playing franchise games. I like your idea with doing up other greats who are missing (arguably Flutie is one of them, can't make the same argument for Jeff George) but I think we should just do them as individuals and not put them into the a roster, mainly because it would unbalance the FA pool too much with all these 99OVR or close guys floating around. Speaking of classic players, Warren Moon, there is one CAP I would like to work on. Anyways though, I agree that we should work on more guys other than QBs but really, other guys, especially defensive guys are going to be difficult to do, mainly because of lack of measured stats in some cases, I mean we can look at some game footage and go over logs, but it really is easier to do offensive players. We need to get some running backs in there too and we need to try to get away from just going from certain colleges (I know you know a lot about Virginia Tech, and every guy I have suggested as a college prospect was out of Nebraska) I am not too into college ball myself and I will try to look into other players. Also, we may need to be concerned about numbers. I am sure even if the CAP limit is better than last year, its not going to go on forever. Lets say start with 16 guys (8 from each of us) and build from there. I will do a summary post later on and we will try to go from there. I think we are just about set at QB for now.

Oh by the way, nope no carpenter here, I got this name from one of my favorite books. Look up Point of Impact by Stephen Hunter. The movie Shooter (Shudder is what I call it) was based it but the book is so much better it is hard to mention the two in the same sentence.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:26 AM   #14
Pro

Summary Post

Your CAPs

Marcus Vick QB

Mark* Vick WR (Maybe you could call him something different if you want)

Sean Glennon QB

I still encourage you to work on Classic guys, there are so many missing from the game, and I like that Bruce Smith CAP you did, but for the AFR Roster I think we should stick with and only include these type of hypothetical what if? guys we have been working on so far. Definitely though I want to know your thoughts on this.

Scott Frost QB
Ryan Perrilloux QB

Jeff George QB WIP
Doug Flutie QB WIP

Like I said in my earlier post, I think that 16 guys is just about the right number, we will do 8 each, and we can keep working from there but I think we should do the 16 we feel are most important and go from there. So far we have 6 player CAPs done or set to be done. That leaves us with 10 more guys to CAP. So far again 5 of our 6 guys are QBs, so I think its time to get into other areas. WR and RB and some defense guys. Maybe we can look at some guys who went north to the CFL as well to see how some of those guys would be if they gone to/stayed in the NFL.

Since I need to wait for Madden 2006 to arrive, I next plan to work on Ryan Perrilloux, I will let you know what I come up with. Also, input wise, do you think I should do Perrilloux he is today, playing in the UFL and going undrafted because of character issues while in college and also missing important play time, or how he could have turned out if he was never suspended and always had his act together. Then again it would be fairly easy to do both, just enhance some of his stats like AWR and his throwing accuracy for the drafted version.

I was going to ask you too, I am usually good at getting their gear down pat from looking at pictures but I have trouble with the Helmets (how can I figure out if someone uses the REVO Robot speed whatever, and also what kinds of gloves they wear, I usually just use standard gloves, I also think we should start stating which Head # to use for the player's face, which one is the closes likeness ect.

Anyways, I look forward to working with you on these madden CAPs, and with any luck can get rosters going for the PS3 and Xbox.

Last edited by bobthenailer; 08-01-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:04 AM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieldk51491
hey i like what you are doing and was wondering if you could look into doing caps for:

-Timmy Chang-QB University of Hawaii, this kid was basically Colt Brennan just Brennan is better.
-Tom Malone-P USC, probably could punt the ball as far as anyone i have ever seen, he was a damn good punter for USC, he just never got any chances to punt.
-Darnell Bing-S/OLB USC. Darnell was a pretty darn good safety at USC. Was a really hard hitter and had some ball hawking skills, but in the pros, teams tried to unsuccessfully change him to OLB.
-Jason Rivers-WR University of Hawaii, He was Colt Brennan's favorite target even though he had Bess, Grice-Mullen, and Hawthorne to throw too. More of a possession/hands receiver than speed.
-Ryan Grice-Mullen-WR University of Hawaii, probably was the most gifted as an athlete goes out of Hawaii's receivers when they went undefeated. reminded me more of Bess, more speed and cuts than possession.

Thanks, I am going to have to look into some of these guys. Like I was saying earlier it may not be easy to CAP defense guys since it can be hard to get stats on them. Anyways thanks a lot for the input and suggestions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2010, 09:31 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieldk51491

Timmy Chang could be interesting, we are trying to get away from QBs though. Malone could be interesting to do as a punter, he may have accuracy problems if he was cut by so many teams. Darnell Bing is actually on the texans roster right now, same with Grice-Mullen who is playing with Miami. That leaves Rivers who looks promising. Right now I would have to say, Malone, then Rivers, then Chang would be the order I would want to make the CAPS. If Bing and Grice-Mullen don't make final cuts or are not already in the game, I think I would do CAPS for them.

Also, noticed that Malone will play for Sacramento which is where Culpepper is, I think I may do a CAP for Culpepper based on his Madden 10 stats because you never know who could go and try to get him back into the NFL if they are in need of someone at that position. We've got to get away from the QBs though.

So warren, out of the guys danieldk51491 suggested, which ones would you want make CAPs of?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »