Home

Alternative Football Reality Marcus Vick Create-a-Player Screen Cap for Madden 10

This is a discussion on Alternative Football Reality Marcus Vick Create-a-Player Screen Cap for Madden 10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2010, 07:31 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Alternative Football Reality Marcus Vick Create-a-Player Screen Cap for Madden 10

I am not in favor of hard and fast rules for this project. I think we should just do whatever we might want to do. Come August 12, and the release of Madden 11, I think we should post the two threads, one for alternative football reality and the other for true-to-life free agents, and then welcome anyone who may want to contribute a create-a-player screen cap to contribute to both. I first came to all this work because I decided to use the trade feature in Madden 10 to assemble players from a single college on the same team. I started with Virginia Tech. After I realized that I was left with holes in my roster, I began developing screen caps. I am now working on one for a version of Michael Vick who instead of spending two years in prison instead played in 2007 and 2008 and honed his skills as a quarterback. He therefore became a better player rather then having is skills erode in jail.

You had asked about equipment. What I have done in the past is search Google Images. For most players you will be able to find what you need. I must say, however, that I was not able to find a single useful image of Sean Glennon on the Vikings.

In Madden 10 for Xbox 360 there is no way to share rosters. I have not read anything to maykeme think that Madden 11 for the same platform will be any different.

Last edited by Warren Piecee; 08-02-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:32 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Alternative Football Reality Marcus Vick Create-a-Player Screen Cap for Madden 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Piecee
I am not in favor of hard and fast rules for this project. I think we should just do whatever we might want to do. Come August 12, and the release of Madden 11, I think we should post the two threads, one for alternative football reality and the other for true-to-life free agents, and then welcome anyone who may want to contribute a create-a-player screen cap to contribute to both. I first came to all this work because I decided to use the trade feature in Madden 10 to assemble players from a single college on the same team. I started with Virginia Tech. After I realized that I was left with holes in my roster, I began developing screen caps. I am now working on one for a version of Michael Vick who instead of spending two years in prison instead played in 2007 and 2008 and honed his skills as a quarterback. He therefore became a better player rather then having is skills erode in jail.

You had asked about equipment. What I have done in the past is search Google Images. For most players you will be able to find what you need. I must say, however, that I was not able to find a single useful image of Sean Glennon on the Vikings.

In Madden 10 for Xbox 360 there is no way to share rosters. I have not read anything to maykeme think that Madden 11 for the same platform will be any different.
Ok, we can get those threads going, I am aiming to get the CAPs onto a PS3 Roster, and I think its possible to do it for the 360 but much more difficult (I think it involves removing the HDD or running a SATA cable to a PC, much more involved than transferring from a flash drive) I think that its fine we can work on. What's your view on the rookies listed above, which if any players would you like to make the CAPs on? Also I think that AFR and true to life FAs would be a good way to do it. I like your Michael Vick idea, I think I might do something similar with Dante Culpepper for when he was in his prime when he set his passing and rushing records before he blew his knees out. Culpepper was leading the league back then performance wise. Vick is supposedly looking a lot better this year but it would be a stretch for the Eagles to go with him as a starter. I think it would take Kolb either getting injured before they Vick would go in. Sad to say but, Vick's jail time could have an upside, the fact that those were 2 years where he wasn't getting hit on runs or getting sacked. Lots of wear and tear he wasn't exposed to. I am going to do two Culpeppers though, assuming he is not in madden 11 I will do a true to life FA version of him, and then do a prime version of him. I have heard that the two biggest thing with that guys knee injuries, not only did they stifle the mobility and rushing that he was known for, but the reason his accuracy went down the train is because he physically could not get the footwork down anymore to set for his throws. Arguably Culpepper was never the best at reading a defense either, but early in his career he had the physical attributes to overcome this, later on he didn't.

Edit: yeag I usually look at google images too, still hard to get the helmets right (Can't tell if they are wearing one of the new revo robot ones)

Last edited by bobthenailer; 08-03-2010 at 01:49 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:05 PM   #19
Pro

Figment's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieldk51491
hey i like what you are doing and was wondering if you could look into doing caps for:

-Darnell Bing-S/OLB USC. Darnell was a pretty darn good safety at USC. Was a really hard hitter and had some ball hawking skills, but in the pros, teams tried to unsuccessfully change him to OLB.
I am pretty sure Darnell Bing is still in Madden, I remember signing him and changing him to backup my strong safety spot, as for where he plays now I couldn't tell you but he might be on Madden 11 when it comes out so long as he is still on a team.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:41 PM   #20
Pro

IIRC He is on the Houston Texans roster right now. I would think, most likely even if he is cut he would probably end up in the FA Pool, if he was in Madden 10 he ought to be in 11.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:54 AM   #21
Pro

Looks like there is a chance that I might not have to make that Jeff George cap after all. Just as Brett Favre might be making his annual re-retirement, George made his annual "I'm still available to take over" announcement.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-brett-favre/

The scariest thing of all is the fact that George could have a point, and could very well be better than anyone else the Vikes have on the roster. Won't happen in a million years though and if it did, it wouldn't be pretty. Him and Childress would not get along. If he had issues with June Jones him and Chilly would fight like cats and dogs. One very interesting thing though, I would have to find the quote but, Randy Moss said that out of all the QBs he ever worked with Jeff George was his favorite. Think about Moss and George on the Vikings come back tour, LOL.
The one thing I will say about George though, after all the stuff that has happed with him, blown chances and missed opportunities (a lot of which he has noone but himself to blame) he must be pretty hungry, and probably has that as a motivator, the fact that everyone says he is a washed up never was, head case ect ect. He may be all of those things, but he also happens to be able to put the ball in flight like just about no-one else. And from his workout tape done last year, he can still throw.

Jeff George interview: http://www.kfan.com/cc-common/podcas...AN_PADubay.xml

right now it is the 2nd one down titled 8/4 Jeff George Favre talk

Last edited by bobthenailer; 08-05-2010 at 05:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 04:37 AM   #22
Pro

so Madden 2006 has arrived, I am really surprised what is in it (classic teams going back to the late 50s although the players are not named) and I think there is lots of CAP potential with the ratings info that can be gathered from it. Anyways here are the Madden 2006 ratings for Flutie

Doug Flutie

SPD: 65
STR: 44
AWR: 83
AGL: 65
ACC: 63
CTH: 25
CAR: 54
JMP: 54
BTKL: 47
TKL: 27
THP: 78
TAC: 80
PBL: 17
RBL: 24
KPW: 30
KAC: 30
STA: 92
INJ: 74
TGH: 89

I will do Jeff George soon. Hopefully will have the CAPS ready for the madden 11 release. If anyone has a particular classic player they want CAPed let me know, I will pull the data out of Madden 2006 and make something happen. This has given me all sorts of ideas.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:39 AM   #23
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Just looking at your posts about alternate reality players and Tony Mandarich might be a good candidate. He was a beast in college. Unfortunately he never transitioned to the nfl very well and was busted for steroids several times. He could have blocked the guy that hit don majowski that let brett favre get his chance in green bay. Defintaly could have changed the entire landscape of the 90's in a big way.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:38 AM   #24
Pro

yep, majkowski himself would be interesting to do too, he was probably the best QB the packers had since Bart Starr, and that hit pretty much ruined his career, he was backup with the packers after that and then was released and was second string for the rest of his career. I think he started a game with the Lions against Favre which he lost but other than that obscurity. I will see what I can gather on both those guys. I plan on trying to get a roster made with a lot of these guys in as FAs so you can pick them up in your franchise, would be interesting to bring Scott Frost along as your backup QB for a few years and then start him. Or the chance that you could end up playing against some of these guys if they develop.

As far as madarich goes, I will look at doing one for him too, if he had of lived up to his #2 draft pick expectations. I will try to compare him to some players to get some ratings (not just going to 99 him) but his speed ect should have been great. I will add those guys to the list.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »