Home

“NFL [Almost] Greats” Wayne Chrebet Madden 10 Create-a-Player Screen Cap

This is a discussion on “NFL [Almost] Greats” Wayne Chrebet Madden 10 Create-a-Player Screen Cap within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2010, 11:26 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
“NFL [Almost] Greats” Wayne Chrebet Madden 10 Create-a-Player Screen Cap

In this post I present to the Operation Sports community an “NFL [Almost] Greats” Wayne Chrebet Create-a-Player screen cap for Madden 10. Please allow me to begin with some background information.

To call Wayne Chrebet an "NFL Great" is admittedly a stretch. He never made played in a Pro Bowl. Yet if a Pro Bowl "B" team of alternates were selected he would have been on several. That Wayne “Mr. Third Down” Chrebet holds the NFL record for most catches by a receiver in his first two seasons is remarkable considering he was a long shot to make a living on the gridiron. He played college ball at division II Hofstra University without even having been offered a football scholarship. There Chrebet set several receiving records and tied Jerry Rice's mark for most division II touchdown receptions in a game. He nonetheless went undrafted after graduation because he was perceived to be neither big enough nor fast enough. (He is 5’10” and played at 188 pounds.) His next disappointment came when he was cut by a Canadian League football team. Fortune finally shined on him when the Jets granted Chrebet a tryout as a favor to Hofstra which housed the squad's training facility. He not only made the team in 1995 but became a starting wide receiver as a rookie and several years later worked his way up to number one on the depth chart. His career ended prematurely in 2005 because he proved to be concussion prone. He suffered six such injuries that were documented and it is estimated that another six were not. His last NFL play was emblematic of his career. A third down pass thrown in the fourth quarter of a close game was placed in his hands. He was knocked unconscious, with a concussion, but still managed to hold onto the ball for a first down. He sat out the rest of the season and retired from the Jets after its end because the risk to his health was too great to play any further. I believe that the brain damage that remains his constant companion explains why his production trailed off during the tail end of his career and by 2005 he had dropped to third on the depth chart.

I relied on Chrebet's Madden 06 player ratings, the last version of the game that included him, my Web research on Chrebet’s career, my own memories of watching him play and the final Madden 10 player ratings of Wes Welker, a player who is almost a clone of the 1995 to 1999 Chrebet. The result of my efforts, a create-a-player “NFL [Almost] Greats” screen cap of wide receiver Wayne Chrebet for Madden 10, can be seen at the end of this post.

For future a post I will create a “NFL [almost] Great,” or as I believe they will be called in the new game an “NFL Legend,” for Chrebet for Madden 11 using the same methodology. I may also flesh out all of my screen caps with equipment, personal information, etc. I welcome any and all comments on my work.

Wayne Chrebet wore number 80 during his entire professional career. He is 5'10" and played at 188 pounds

OVR: 89 --------PMV: 12
SPD: 87 --------FMV: 12
STR: 50---------BSH: 27
AGI: 97---------PUR: 45
ACC: 92--------PRC: 19
AWR 92--------MCV: 31
TRK: 70--------ZCV: 16
ELU: 97------- PRS: 15
BCV: 95------- PBK: 17
SFA: 68------- RBK: 35
SPM: 96--------IBL: 35
JKM: 95------- RBS: 35
CAR: 80-------RBF: 35
CTH: 92 ----- PBS: 17
RTE: 93--------PBF: 17
CIT: 94---------KPW: 15
SPC: 80---------KAC: 18
RLS: 73---------RET: 50
JMP: 75---------TGH: 90
THP: 27---------STA: 95
THA: 30---------INJ: 80
TAK: 27---------TAS: 15
POW: 15--------TAM:12
PAC: 12---------TAD: 12
RUN: 12

Thanks.

Last edited by Warren Piecee; 09-18-2010 at 01:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2010, 12:34 AM   #2
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: “NFL [Almost] Greats” Wayne Chrebet Madden 10 Create-a-Player Screen Cap

Nice, Chrebet was the man!!!

What about Curtis Martin, Mo Lewis, Victor Green, etc? Since Im assuming your a fellow Jets Fan
Old 08-09-2010, 10:36 PM   #3
Pro

Thank you for your interest and the compliment. I would love to do the entire Jets team from 1998 when they were one win away from the Super Bowl. If some one can get me the Jets player ratings from Madden 1999 I will convert them all to Madden 11 player ratings and make the team available to everyone. I still follow the Jets but used to follow them more closely when I lived in New York.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:46 PM   #4
Pro

If you are interested in this thread please also check out another thread on this site entitled: “1998 Jets player CAPs, Please Post One or a Partial One/Helpful Info/Comments/Links”
Old 09-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 55

288 pounds, eh?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »