Home

Jeff George CAP

This is a discussion on Jeff George CAP within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2010, 02:59 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Jeff George CAP

This is going to be my last separate CAP threat, after this I am going to be putting all of my CAPs in a single thread just so that it doesn't clutter the board up. Anyways, I'm sure most people know all about Jeff George so I will try to keep this short. George was drafter by the Colts because of his freakish arm strength (some still say he has the strongest arm they have ever seen on a QB, Jamarcus Russel included) but he never really did well in Indy and after arguing with the coaching staff, demanded a trade to Atlanta. He had a few good moments in Atlanta, but much the same thing happened (George wanted to call his own plays not the ones the coach called) and George found himself suspended from the team. Again traded, this time to the Oakland Raiders, history repeated itself again and George was caught calling his own plays from a card hidden inside his wristband because he did not like the West Cost offense his team was using, and he also suffered a recurring groin injury which had bothered him in Indy. After this, it was the end of the line for Jeff George as a starter, and he found himself in a backup role in Minnesota at the beginning of the 1999 season. However, fortunes changed for George, after Randal Cunningham, the Minnesota Vikings starting QB went 2-4 at the beginning of the season. George was promoted to starter after stepping in for Cunningham at the end of a few games. George seemed to have finally found his place, lofting the ball to Randy Moss and Chris carter on deep passes. George achieved a career best 94.2 that year. However the next year he was off to D.C to as a backup for the Redskins after accepting their higher paying contract offer. After two inconsistent years George was cut from the team, after which he assumed a backup role for a number of teams but never made another pass in the NFL. For years he has made statements that he would like to get back into the game, even made a workout video, but, either due to character issues, his somewhat mediocre stats, or his advanced age (George is 42 years old, older than Brett Favre by more than a year) George's requests have fallen on def ears. Lately he again announced that he would like to try out for the Vikings and that he thinks he could have a role on that team if Favre does not return for the 2010 season.

So here are George's Stats from madden 2006, I will add these into Madden 10, but I think I am going to take some license with this CAP because I don't agree with some of his ratings in 2006 to begin with but it gives me something to work with.

Jeff George
6'4"
214lbs
white sleeves
3 bar QB
71 OVR

SPD 40
STR 55
AWR 75
AGL 47
ACL 42
CAT 19
CAR 41
JMP 43
BTKL 36
TKL 13
THP 93
THA 76
PBL 23
RBL 28
KPW 19
KAC 16
RET 0
STA 73
INJ 65
TGH 65

I will add my Madden 10 CAP later and I may do variations, both a strait conversion from madden 10, and MY (maybe somewhat optimistic) version of how George could rate if he were able to suite up for a game next week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 12:11 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Jeff George CAP

Well, while I don't agree all the ratings for the Madden 2006 Jeff George, the cap I made following the 2006 ratings plays pretty much how you would expect the real George to fair. You need to stay in the pocket and get to the open receiver, any kind of rollouts is futile and even dropping back is about the limit of his maneuverability. However, once there are men open down field he can put the ball on its way. However he does get his fair share of INTs and botched up passes. I would like to be a little optimistic and sharpen up his passing. The biggest thing I don't agree with is that his throw power is only rated at 93, a few older QBs have kept their arm strength, look at Favre, then again some haven't but I have to say that if Jeff George is throwing regularly like he says he is and staying in shape he should retain most of his power even at his age. These ratings are supposed to reflect George at 38, but I think they are just fine for him at 42. I am also going to raise up his injury rating a little but because even though he is old and fragile, he isn't banged up.

I am going to put in 2 sets of ratings for this cap, one is almost a strait conversion from the madden 2006 ratings above, the other is my own "optimistic" Jeff George if he were to play again. Its not likely that George would be this good, however it does make it a lot more fun to play without getting picked every 3rd or 4th throw. EDIT: The Optimistic version of Jeff George is now going to be known as the Jason Whitlock version. Jason Whitlock is the guy who as been writing about Jeff George for the last 10 years and how he should be back in the NFL.

One thing I have to say before I continue is that the look of this CAP has an almost DEAD ON resemblance to the actual Jeff George, the only thing that is missing is the eye black. When you see him with his helmet off though you will see the hair is wrong, other than that though the face really close.

Jeff George (SKIN COLOR 1 HEAD 8)
6'4"
235lbs (he has gained weight since 01)
TC Full Sleeves, Towel, Hand warmer
3 bar QB
71 OVR (optimistic 76)

STR 55
AGL 47
SPD 40
ACL 42
AWR 75 (optimistic 83 or so)
CAT 19
CAR 41
THP 93 (optimistic 97, rocket arm)
KPW 18
KAC 12
TKL 13
PBL 18
RBL 15
JMP 43
TRK 31
ELU 27
SFA 21
SPM 12
JKM 15
(again for impact blocking-pass block footwork zero these as he would be totally useless for this)
PMV 12
FMV 18
BSH 12
PUR 12
PRC 28
MCV 12
ZCV 12
SPC 12
CIT 12
RR 16
HPW 12
PRS 12
REL 12
STA 78 (optimistic 82)
MTA 75 (optimistic 79)
DTA 86 (optimistic 88)
TOR 41
PAC 43
STA 73
INJ 65 (optimistic 73)
TGH 65 (optimistic 74)

So, all said and done, even if you use the optimistic ratings which would be the BEST Jeff George could possibly be after 9 years away from the game, this is what you would get. You really wouldn't want to be using him as a starter (although he would probably top the depth chart if he was playing in buffalo) George could be a decent backup, or good for situational stuff if you want to try some really long passes. I am definitely including him in my roster, just as something different. If you want to use him sign him fast though, he won't last longer than 1 season before he retires.

Last edited by bobthenailer; 08-11-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:15 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 3

You have done another intersting job. Good for you! A few questions spring to mind. Where did he play college ball? What year did he get drafted? What teams did he play for and during what years did he play for them? Has there been any talk of his playing in any pro league besides the NFL? I think this infor would fill out the CAP.

Last edited by Warren Piecee; 08-09-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:27 PM   #4
Pro

George played for the University of Illinois in colleage. Indianapolis is his home town and that helped when the colts drafted him #1 Pick, 1st round, 1st over all 1990 draft. He was in the same position Sam Bradford is in now, bright young prospect drafter to a struggling team hoping for a turn around. After a falling out in Indianapolis, he went to the falcons in 94-96 and a few good times there but then got into it with the coach. Then he went to Oakland (97-98) and the same thing happed when he didn't like the west coast offense. He had his great 99 season in Minnesota, then was off to the redskins for the 2000 and 2001 seasons. In 01 Schottenhimer took over as Head Coach and used the west coast system which he tried to work George into. George was released after loosing two games in a row, one was a shut out. I think the UFL approached him a few times but he turned them down. I think that he could do great things in the UFL against what they have but, it could be the $$$ that stopped him, or the $$$ coupled with the risks (he is old and fragile and if he is going to risk getting hurt he may as well do it for NFL veterans minimum) I would really like to see George in a practice scrimmage just to see how he would look.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »