Home

LIMIT on CAPS for PS3 Madden 11

This is a discussion on LIMIT on CAPS for PS3 Madden 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
LIMIT on CAPS for PS3 Madden 11

Anyone know the amount of players you can create in Madden 11 on PS3?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: LIMIT on CAPS for PS3 Madden 11

I made 20 before the roster update. I didn't hit a hard cap neither I just got tire of making so many generic caps. So I have to say at this point 20+.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:35 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 3

You may want to get around any CAP limit by editing free agents rather than creating new players. In fact, there might be an advantage to this in franchise mode seems other teams will be able to sign these new players. Unless I am mistaken, I do not think you can create a player and assign him to the free agent pool rather than to a team. I did figure out what you mean by roster share. It just seems like too much work for me to do. I would rather post the CAPs and let other do with them as they see fit.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:31 AM   #4
Pro

Thats right, when you CAP players you need to assign them to a certain team. However, you can then release them and they will be in the FA pool. Could add a new dimension to franchise.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:04 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Piecee
You may want to get around any CAP limit by editing free agents rather than creating new players. In fact, there might be an advantage to this in franchise mode seems other teams will be able to sign these new players. Unless I am mistaken, I do not think you can create a player and assign him to the free agent pool rather than to a team. I did figure out what you mean by roster share. It just seems like too much work for me to do. I would rather post the CAPs and let other do with them as they see fit.
but that would look retarted with a pic of someone else as their portrait

well last year the CAP limit was about 11 in August then dropped to about 5 in Sep so if its 20+ now hopfully thats a good sign
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 11:01 AM   #6
Pro

I think the elimination of the NFL Greats could be what freed up so many slots. This is good because it gives us so much more space to work with. The downside is if we want a classic guy he now has to be CAPed. Anyhow I am going to see about throwing a roster together once I get some non-QBs done.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:29 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthenailer
I think the elimination of the NFL Greats could be what freed up so many slots. This is good because it gives us so much more space to work with. The downside is if we want a classic guy he now has to be CAPed. Anyhow I am going to see about throwing a roster together once I get some non-QBs done.
I was thinking the same thing last night and I prefer it that way then create NFL greats. as there was about what 100 of them?

however WHY THE HELL SHOULD THEY BE OUT OF ROOM!!! there should be no limit at all. last year I had to actually use the NFL greats as created players becaue they had no portrait, and had to find someone that looked close to them with size age etc it was hard! I want to create the LS this year I couldnt last year because of the limit.

I mean come on we have all that room on a HD now, the PC version for years has been unlimited

on another point whats the free agents limit? I hate when it gets full. hell there are people in there that are no chance to be signed this year Culpepper are you kidding me? I wish we could delete players
Old 08-12-2010, 03:24 AM   #8
Pro

Culpepper could have been signed somewhere this year if he had an agent but he should be rated lower than 71 OVR. Probably 65-68, his carry and mobility should be dropped, he can't run like that anymore. Anyways, I look forward to creating more CAPs, there is a hard limit on FAs though but it is high and it is related to position not total # (so you can have too many FA HBs, but have like 6 FBs, so if you edit guys into FBs or Punter or what not you can keep stacking them. I think there has to be a hard CAP limit somewhere but I have a GREAT IDEA for a CAP ROSTER.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »