Home

Missing players

This is a discussion on Missing players within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2010, 05:48 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Missing players

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-MAC©®
Why no Ed Wang?
Anybody with the last name WANG need to be n the game.
Speaking of interesting last names, is Scott Sicko in the game?
Old 08-15-2010, 05:59 PM   #10
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDrexl
Speaking of interesting last names, is Scott Sicko in the game?
No, he's not in the updated rosters from EA Sports and won't be unless he makes the Cowboys roster. He was like 5th string before the injury to Phillips and they signed Farr recently too at TE. I'd be surprised to see him make the team but he could be on the practice squad for sure.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 08-15-2010, 09:04 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 14

The problems stem from the fact that all you can have on each team's roster is 55 players. Don't ask me why they can't incorporate the off-season roster to real-life specs with cut-downs and such. So you have to have backups at each position and that is probably one of the main reasons for missing players (to see who makes the teams). If they had the 85 men player rosters and practice squads (not sure if that's the correct # or not) just throwing out a figure. Then you could have all the players and preseason would actually mean something. Hopefully, next year they can get this right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 12:53 AM   #12
MVP

chicubsfan20's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
No way! This would put him fastest player in the NFL now over Chris Johnson of the Titans. I've never heard of a player with 4.2 flat speed. Do you mean 4.2 with another digit on the end? Chris Johnson ran a 4.24 I believe at the combine a couple years ago. I would find it hard to beat that time.
No not 4.2 literally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPL_6492
Sam Shields was not invited to the combine and ran a recorded 4.30 and 4.33 40 time at University of Miami's pro day. Far off from 4.2 speed, but as a Hurricanes fan he is pretty fast, deserving of a 95 or so.
And no, to you to. I was using 4.2 not as the actually speed, but in a sense he has a lot of speed. More of an exaggeration on my part, a little off but I should of made it more clear for you guys. No offense, that was on me.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 08-16-2010, 01:42 AM   #13
Rookie

ianlast's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionMaximus
The problems stem from the fact that all you can have on each team's roster is 55 players. Don't ask me why they can't incorporate the off-season roster to real-life specs with cut-downs and such. So you have to have backups at each position and that is probably one of the main reasons for missing players (to see who makes the teams). If they had the 85 men player rosters and practice squads (not sure if that's the correct # or not) just throwing out a figure. Then you could have all the players and preseason would actually mean something. Hopefully, next year they can get this right.
Amen.

Without full 80 man rosters, the pre-season is pretty close to useless in my book. And IMO disc space is no longer a legitimate excuse.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:11 AM   #14
Rookie

Sori's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianlast
Amen.

Without full 80 man rosters, the pre-season is pretty close to useless in my book. And IMO disc space is no longer a legitimate excuse.
No excuse whatsoever... NCAA has 70 man rosters, and 116? teams... Thats a heck of alot more players taking disk space then 85 man NFL rosters...I just really hope thats something they implement whenever they overhaul franchise.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:28 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sori
No excuse whatsoever... NCAA has 70 man rosters, and 116? teams... Thats a heck of alot more players taking disk space then 85 man NFL rosters...I just really hope thats something they implement whenever they overhaul franchise.
70 man rosters that can be even higher in the offseason before cuts. And it's 120 teams this year I believe. Even if they allowed us 70 man rosters it would be a start. And they need to get rid of roster minimums. Some 3-4 teams only carry 2 NTs like the Browns, etc. But to have 80 man rosters in the off/pre-season with PUP lists and a proper IR system.. with 75 man cuts, then final 53 man cuts with practice squads... don't get me started on a waiver system. It is something I dream of among many things.. this game could be so great and rewarding.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 04:35 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by menglish20
70 man rosters that can be even higher in the offseason before cuts. And it's 120 teams this year I believe. Even if they allowed us 70 man rosters it would be a start. And they need to get rid of roster minimums. Some 3-4 teams only carry 2 NTs like the Browns, etc. But to have 80 man rosters in the off/pre-season with PUP lists and a proper IR system.. with 75 man cuts, then final 53 man cuts with practice squads... don't get me started on a waiver system. It is something I dream of among many things.. this game could be so great and rewarding.
yep I am so sick of the min of having to have 2 DTs. nothing worse then having to have another DT that isnt in the team wasting a roster spot when we are only allowed 2 extras for IRs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »