Home

Imported Draft classes translate the worst EVER

This is a discussion on Imported Draft classes translate the worst EVER within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2010, 06:15 PM   #57
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Imported Draft classes translate the worst EVER

Can this problem be fixed by EA? I am tired of manually fixing ratings only to have them not even work in my franchise. Argh!!!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:53 PM   #58
Rookie

deathsai's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhackler
If somebody gets a pretty accurate draft class , upload the NCAA roster you used and put it up on the EA Locker and let me download it. I messed with different rosters for a bit but got HORRIBLY frustrated.
I'd greatly appreciate this as well.
Tampa Bay Lightning
UCF Knights
Old 09-03-2010, 08:37 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by alifeincomplete
So I've been screwing around with changing attributes in NCAA and I have been fairly successful in the import process. I upped a few key player's attributes, and the changes are key. Awareness is the one I increase the most, and for most key players I simply max it out at 99.

This translated into....
- Jake Locker: 2nd overall pick, Bills, 73 OVR A Potential
- Case Keenum: 9th overall pick, Jaguars, 70 OVR A potential
- Mark Ingram: 16th overall pick, Eagles, 77 OVR B potential
- AJ Green: 2nd rd, 2nd pick, Bills, 71 OVR A potential

It's a start, but I'm going to keep tweaking it and seeing how it changes.
Tremendous find. Been tinkering with the NCAA rosters myself and it's possible to have good draft classes. The big problem, as you pointed out is the AWR. With Locker's AWR as is, I've had him drafted anywhere from 2nd to 7th round (4 simulations). With Locker's AWR raised to 99, and the rest of his attributes at their default level he's earned a 1st round grade each season.

I'm not sure if this is due to the AWR rating itself or is due to actual performance in NCAA. As you know QBs in NCAA with AWR under 82 pretty much can't complete more than 60% of their passes, and AWR is overall tied to the QB's completion %. With the base roster, the simmed QBs typically put up pedestrian numbers, even if they are an elite talent. The numbers put up would warrant their corresponding draft grades, despite our perception of the player being an NFL ready prospect.

On another note the players' poor body proportions when imported appears to be due to the fact that most of the players have these poor body proportions in NCAA, it's just less noticeable than in Madden. If you check you'll see a lot of QBs and WRs have arm sizes of like 50. Drop them down to 10-20 in NCAA and they import better proportioned in Madden.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:50 AM   #60
Rookie

gobosox5's Arena

I have been really irked by this issue too. I really only find the problem to be in the weakness of the quarterbacks. WIthout any editing I have never seen a QB in the 1st draft class get drafted before the 3rd round, and they all have such terrible awareness.

I'm running an expirement similar to alifeincomplete, just changing the awareness values for the quarterbacks who may get drafted

87+ awareness= 99 rating
83-86 awareness= 98 rating
anything below 83, just add 15

Doing this makes Locker, Pryor, Gabbert, Keenum and Mallett 99 Overall. IMO, those five are among the best pro prospects, so this may work.

I'll post in an hour or so with the results.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:47 AM   #61
Rookie

gobosox5's Arena

Update #1: Just about everybody who's anybody and a Junior QB left early,
Luck, Griffin, Pryor, Gabbert, Cousins, Harris, Mallett, and Foles (ehhh, I forgot to even edit Cousins and Foles). They should add to the class with seniors Locker, Keenum, J. Johnson, Ponder, T. Taylor, Dalton, Kaepernick, Tolzein, both Texas Tech guys (Sheffield and Potts), and a few other pro candidates.

Suprisingly, Kellen Morre stays put at Boise.

Update #2: Here are the QBs in order of how they appear on my scouting screen at the start of the year. Where they are drafted and their overall will appear as well.

Johnson----196th Overall (Cleveland)- 56 Overall, C Potential
Ponder-----139th Overall (Tennessee)- 62 Overall B Potential
Dalton-----206th Overall (Miami) 54 Overall, C Potential
Pryor------112th Overall (Kansas City) 66 Overall, B Potential
Mallett-----64th Overall (Pittsburgh) 68 Overall B Potential
Tolzein-----172nd Overall (Minnesota) 58 Overall C Potential
Luck-------114th Overall (Jacksonville) 64 Overall B Potential
Harris------197th Overall (Arizona)- 55 Overall C Potential
Taylor------211th Overall (Seattle)- 54 Overall C Potential
Gabbert-----199th Overall (Oakland)- 55 Overall C Potential
Locker------Undrafted- 51 Overall D Potential
Kaepernick--Undrafted- 45 Overall D Potential
Keenum-----216th Overall (Indy)- 43 Overall F Potential
Griffin-------Undrafted- 40 Overall F Potential

In other news, James Carpenter the OT from Alabama went #1 overall to Buffalo, and the highest rated rookie was Demarco Murray who is an 84 and went 7th overall to Oakland (really, a good pick from Al Davis???)

Not as I would have liked...anyone have any suggestions??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2010, 06:25 AM   #62
Rookie

harvey85's Arena

OVR: 3

can just change all the juniors to seniors so you don't have to worry about making them all go pro or at least the players that are 22 right now such as aj green
Old 09-08-2010, 01:23 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobosox5
Update #1: Just about everybody who's anybody and a Junior QB left early,
Luck, Griffin, Pryor, Gabbert, Cousins, Harris, Mallett, and Foles (ehhh, I forgot to even edit Cousins and Foles). They should add to the class with seniors Locker, Keenum, J. Johnson, Ponder, T. Taylor, Dalton, Kaepernick, Tolzein, both Texas Tech guys (Sheffield and Potts), and a few other pro candidates.

Suprisingly, Kellen Morre stays put at Boise.

Update #2: Here are the QBs in order of how they appear on my scouting screen at the start of the year. Where they are drafted and their overall will appear as well.

Johnson----196th Overall (Cleveland)- 56 Overall, C Potential
Ponder-----139th Overall (Tennessee)- 62 Overall B Potential
Dalton-----206th Overall (Miami) 54 Overall, C Potential
Pryor------112th Overall (Kansas City) 66 Overall, B Potential
Mallett-----64th Overall (Pittsburgh) 68 Overall B Potential
Tolzein-----172nd Overall (Minnesota) 58 Overall C Potential
Luck-------114th Overall (Jacksonville) 64 Overall B Potential
Harris------197th Overall (Arizona)- 55 Overall C Potential
Taylor------211th Overall (Seattle)- 54 Overall C Potential
Gabbert-----199th Overall (Oakland)- 55 Overall C Potential
Locker------Undrafted- 51 Overall D Potential
Kaepernick--Undrafted- 45 Overall D Potential
Keenum-----216th Overall (Indy)- 43 Overall F Potential
Griffin-------Undrafted- 40 Overall F Potential

In other news, James Carpenter the OT from Alabama went #1 overall to Buffalo, and the highest rated rookie was Demarco Murray who is an 84 and went 7th overall to Oakland (really, a good pick from Al Davis???)

Not as I would have liked...anyone have any suggestions??
Sim several times and compare the results. Madden randomizes the draft classes to some degree.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:55 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 31

Ratings arent bad for every position except QB. FBs are too high again as always.

Quarterbacks are bad because NCAA and Madden have different ratings catergories for QBs. NCAA has Power and Accuracy. While Madden has Power, short accuracy, medium accuracy, deep accuracy, throw on the run, play action. I was counting on seeing those same ratings implied in NCAA this year, but in typical fashion, it didnt happen.

Players sizes are whats killing this years imported classes. I drafted Jeff Demps and he had Brian Cushing steroid arms. REDICULOUS. They need to make it to where you can edit every single aspect of a player, including his body size, face, and hair. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. Why this hasnt been done like it was on the PS2, is beyond me.

Equipment is terrible too but can be fixed. I just edit two teams a week before playing my game. By seasons end, its all correct.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »