Home

EA Roster Update or Custom Update? Advice please

This is a discussion on EA Roster Update or Custom Update? Advice please within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
EA Roster Update or Custom Update? Advice please

Hey everyone. I am always on this forum and RARELY post anything. I just want to say first off that I appreciate all the work that people do to help make my gaming experience even better.

So a little background information. I am a huge 49er fan and I am big on offline franchise mode, its what I focus on in Madden. I try to have the most updated rosters before I begin a franchise. I usually always wait till EA makes the beginning of the season roster update to fully start my franchise however, I still find issues and its getting a bit annoying.

I am curious about these custom rosters that people make. I must admit I have never made custom rosters before and am a bit "overwhelmed" by the fact that it includes editing peoples positions and lots of CAPs.

I guess what I am trying to ask is do most of you go with EA roster updates or go with custom rosters that people create on these forums? Is it stupid of me to be cautious of these custom rosters or are they easy to use? Any suggestions on a custom roster set to use that would have Westbrook on the 49ers and Coffee gone? I apologize for the long post and appreciate anyone that could offer some advice. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2010, 03:26 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: EA Roster Update or Custom Update? Advice please

Well I added Westbrook and released Coffee and made him a kicker on my roster. The best I can tell you is take a look at my roster and see what you think. It is not hard to install, and if you don't like it then just wait for the next update from EA. The only positions I have edited are those of players who are going to be inactive (IR/Suspsended ect) so that they can be released and the computer won't just sign them to another team, oh and I also added a few retirees (Kurt Warner) who are set as Kickers for the same reason, if you want them you can sign them and then set them back to their real positions. I will certainly agree that my roster is complicated, but this is done to give you a more realistic franchise experience. The MAN to talk to about custom madden rosters is daniverson1973. He made the best work I ever saw for madden 10 (but the stuff that cursive and patskid did was a close second) and cursive is still around on the board.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »