Home

The GREATEST SUPERBOWL THAT NEVER HAPPEND: A PS3 ROSTER

This is a discussion on The GREATEST SUPERBOWL THAT NEVER HAPPEND: A PS3 ROSTER within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2010, 03:44 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
The GREATEST SUPERBOWL THAT NEVER HAPPEND: A PS3 ROSTER

Thats right, a few of you guys have already heard me mention it, I am working on a roster that will represent, in my opinion one of the greatest Superbowl matchups that could have happend.

On January 31st 1999 the Denver Broncos and the Atlanta Falcons squared off at Pro Player Stadium (now Sunlife Stadium) Miami, FL in Superbowl XXXIII. This game could have been very different had it not been for the outcome of the NFC Championship game which the Falcons narrowly defeated the Minnesota Vikings by a field-goal in OT. The Vikings were coming off an incredible 15-1 season with breakout performances by rookie WR Randy Moss and veteran QB Randall Cunningham, who had been out of football for a year and signed on as a backup in 1997, only to take over as starter after Brad Johnson was injured. The 98 Vikings were a great team that only comes along once in a blue moon and had they won that game the following Superbowl could have rivaled SB XXXIV (1999, Rams vs. Titans, right down to the second). My goal is to let you experience what could have happened if the Vikings had advanced to the Superbowl, against the vaunted Denver Broncos who were fresh off a win last year. This would have been a legendary showdown of great players like John Elway, Cris Carter, John Randle, Randall Cunningham, Terell Davis and Bill Romanowski.

Right now I am about 45% done the roster (just finishing off the Vikings LBs and DBs) and hope to work on the Broncos this weekend. I will post updates and eventually the roster file when I am done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2010, 09:55 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: The GREATEST SUPERBOWL THAT NEVER HAPPEND: A PS3 ROSTER

I will never forget the jinx they put on Gary Anderson just before that kick *he hasnt missed a field goal all season* he misses it and the falcons fluke the win and we watched a miss match super bowl
Old 08-23-2010, 08:56 AM   #3
Pro

Yeah its hard to think back to that.

Well Minnesota is done. I will be working more on Denver shortly. I am updating my Franchise roster, just to keep up with whats going on now so I have less work to do on Week 1. I am also going to slow down a bit so I can PLAY my franchise lol. I think this 98 roster will be done at the latest by the middle of the week.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:13 AM   #4
Pro

Well I have good news and then really bad news. The good news is I had this finished and I played through a game. Really really good game, a lot of running by Robert Smith (really great 68 yard TD) and Terrell Davis, really good coverage on Moss and Carter by the Denver secondary. Late in the 4th quarter the score was Denver 37 Minnesota 30. Randall Cunningham had made some nice passes, a lot of nice rushes and even a rushing TD. However late in the 4th quarter he is tackled and goes down with broken ribs. Brad Johnson comes off the bench, drives the Vikings down the field, big passes to Jake Reed and Randy Moss. The drive is capped off by a TD by Moss. Denver fights their way up the field. They get into field goal position at the ?34 yardline? for a 54 yard kick. The kick looks good but at the last second it bounces off the cross bar. Minnesota takes over, gets a good drive going, but they are out of time outs and are not able to get into field goal position before time runs out. Lucky for Minnesota they win the coin toss, and Brad Johnson starts them off on another drive. After a few runs by Robert Smith, Johnson gets a nice 43 yard pass off to Jake Reed, putting the Vikes in field goal position. Garry Anderson drives home a 34 yarder and the Minnesota Vikings win Superbowl XXXIII. This is some of the most fun I have had playing Madden 11.

Now for the terrible news. As some of you know, I am also working on an updated Madden 11 Roster file, which I am making good progress on I should add. After the game I just played I went back to work on my updated roster, it seems I have accidentally saved over my 98 roster. I guess thats what I get for working on two projects at once but this is a serious setback for the 98 roster which I will have to start over again. I want to finish my updated roster so keep an eye out for my 98 Broncos-Vikings roster to be released some time in late september.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:02 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthenailer
Now for the terrible news. As some of you know, I am also working on an updated Madden 11 Roster file, which I am making good progress on I should add. After the game I just played I went back to work on my updated roster, it seems I have accidentally saved over my 98 roster. I guess thats what I get for working on two projects at once but this is a serious setback for the 98 roster which I will have to start over again. I want to finish my updated roster so keep an eye out for my 98 Broncos-Vikings roster to be released some time in late september.
that sucks
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »