Home

Dwayne Jarrett*

This is a discussion on Dwayne Jarrett* within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2010, 03:42 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
Dwayne Jarrett*

Okay, it's obvious I'm a Carolina fan, but I have a legitimate question/concern. I did a bit of research (looking over Madden 11's ratings) nearly every WR over 6'3 215lbs. has 70 release/beat press. So my question is why at 6'4" 219 is his release at 56, with 60 strength?

I'm not asking for elite release status, but it just seems very low considering his size and build. Seems like mid 70's low 80's would be fair.There are weaker smaller WR's with higher release so it just leaves me scratching my head. My WR convert (from QB), Armanti Edwards at 5'11 182, has 68 release, 52 strength.

GIFSoup

Last edited by s38s38s; 09-06-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2010, 04:47 PM   #2
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Dwayne Jarrett*

I'm pretty sure Release only effects their ability to beat press coverage. Maybe you are just seeing all those guys with better release ratings because the Madden team correlates beating the press with speed. I'm a fan of Jarrett so I know he's not the fastest guy in the world.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:50 PM   #3
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s
Okay, it's obvious I'm a Carolina fan, but I have a legitimate question/concern. I did a bit of research (looking over Madden 11's ratings) nearly every WR over 6'3 215lbs. has 70 release/beat press. SO my question is why at 64'219 is his release at 56, with 60 strength?

I'm not asking for elite release status, but it just seems very low considering his size and build. Seems like mid 70's low 80's would be fair.There are weaker smaller WR's with higher release so it just leaves me scratching my head. My WR convert (from QB), Armanti Edwards at 5'11 182, has 68 release, 52 strength.

GIFSoup
No idea, maybe he just really sucks at beating the press while the other guys don't?
Old 09-06-2010, 07:55 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 12

One of the biggest knocks on Jarrett has been his ability to get off a press, when he was drafted (granted it was many years ago) I remember Mike Mayock saying he wasn't sure how Dwayne was gonna get off the LOS.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:21 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMan72
One of the biggest knocks on Jarrett has been his ability to get off a press, when he was drafted (granted it was many years ago) I remember Mike Mayock saying he wasn't sure how Dwayne was gonna get off the LOS.
That I remember but that was a scouting report that's about 3-4 years old. It sucks he hasn't been on the field (lazyness). So hopefully things turn around as he appears to be our #2 and he's gotten good reviews out of camp. Come on Donny show some Panther love (he did get a boost in Roster update 2 for 45-56 release) hopefully we can crack 70.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2010, 12:59 AM   #6
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

DBL Post sorry.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:59 AM   #7
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

Quote:
That I remember but that was a scouting report that's about 3-4 years old. It sucks he hasn't been on the field (lazyness). So hopefully things turn around as he appears to be our #2 and he's gotten good reviews out of camp. Come on Donny show some Panther love (he did get a boost in Roster update 2 for 45-56 release) hopefully we can crack 70.
Yeah 3-4 years old but he still has a hard time getting off the press from what i have read and heard but so does Terrell owens and he is a big receiver as well granted mainly because hes older now,but size does not always matter when it comes to beating the press just ask steve smith who plays for the same team.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:51 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Donny I think hates the Carolina Panthers, I mean last year what he did to the Panthers after that 12-4 season, 2nd best in the NFC - only made them an 83 overall as a team.

Don't get me started on Jake Delhomme, there was an entire thread established on him when he dropped from 80 to a 74 throughout the year. Jake is a great QB and he is showing it in Cleveland.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »