Home

Re-rating the Carolina Panthers

This is a discussion on Re-rating the Carolina Panthers within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2010, 08:56 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 7
Re-rating the Carolina Panthers

In Madden 2011, I think the Carolina Panthers are rated way too low. For example, I think Tony Fiammetta the full back (who was #1 out of 87 prospects in the draft last year) should be rated atleast 75-79 overall.

Here is a rundown of the positional changes that need to be made: ( ) is their rating now

FB Tony Fiammetta- 79 OVR (66 OVR)

WR Steve Smith- 98 OVR (92 OVR)
WR- Dwayne Jarrett- 58 OVR (68 OVR)

DT Ed Johnson- 53 OVR (75 OVR)
DT Nick Hayden- 48 OVR (65 OVR)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2010, 09:34 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Re-rating the Carolina Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenBalla
In Madden 2011, I think the Carolina Panthers are rated way too low. For example, I think Tony Fiammetta the full back (who was #1 out of 87 prospects in the draft last year) should be rated atleast 75-79 overall.

Here is a rundown of the positional changes that need to be made: ( ) is their rating now

FB Tony Fiammetta- 79 OVR (66 OVR)

WR- Dwayne Jarrett- 58 OVR (68 OVR)

DT Ed Johnson- 53 OVR (75 OVR)
DT Nick Hayden- 48 OVR (65 OVR)

Nick Hayden deserves to be cut nothing more .. HE IS TERRIBLE .. cant believe we cut eric moore for his sorry ***
Old 09-09-2010, 05:16 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMunnerlyn1
Nick Hayden deserves to be cut nothing more .. HE IS TERRIBLE .. cant believe we cut eric moore for his sorry ***
I agree, that is why I would rate him a 48. He is inconsistent, his tackling is horrendous. Only key thing about him is his strength, but what is strength if your abilities lack? 48 suits him well, not 65 just way too high.

And lets talk about Tony Fiammetta, he - along with Brad Hoover (who isn't even in the game) blocked for 2 1,000 yard running backs. Why is he rated a 66? He is a golden draft pick, number 1 out of 87 prospects in the draft, was like a 70 last year. What did he do to be a 66? He was behind Brad Hoover on the depth chart, I am sure he learned a great deal of knowledge of the game.

Steve Smith, hands down a 98 overall. 92 overall because well, we lacked in the QB department. Do not let Jake Delhomme's apparent errors deminish his value. Steve Smith is the most dangerous WR in the game. I wont say best because others ahead of him, but when I say dangerous... 5' 9" low to the ground, his agility and elusiveness. If you hit Steve Smith on a slant, its game.

Dwayne Jarrett, 58 overall - he is GARBAGE!
Old 09-09-2010, 05:19 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
WHOA he is good buy not 98 worthy sorry maybe a couple of years ago though
Old 09-09-2010, 05:30 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
I agree, that is why I would rate him a 48. He is inconsistent, his tackling is horrendous. Only key thing about him is his strength, but what is strength if your abilities lack? 48 suits him well, not 65 just way too high.

And lets talk about Tony Fiammetta, he - along with Brad Hoover (who isn't even in the game) blocked for 2 1,000 yard running backs. Why is he rated a 66? He is a golden draft pick, number 1 out of 87 prospects in the draft, was like a 70 last year. What did he do to be a 66? He was behind Brad Hoover on the depth chart, I am sure he learned a great deal of knowledge of the game.

Steve Smith, hands down a 98 overall. 92 overall because well, we lacked in the QB department. Do not let Jake Delhomme's apparent errors deminish his value. Steve Smith is the most dangerous WR in the game. I wont say best because others ahead of him, but when I say dangerous... 5' 9" low to the ground, his agility and elusiveness. If you hit Steve Smith on a slant, its game.

Dwayne Jarrett, 58 overall - he is GARBAGE!
I'm assuming Fiametta got a low rating because he struggled last year when he was asked to fill in for Hoover. Hoover was the guy who blocked for Double Trouble 99.9% of the time. All reports are that Fiametta has made great strides heading into this season and he's looked good so far in preseason, but I can understand why Madden is taking a wait and see approach before they boost his rating.

I agree on Smitty, his rating went down because the played with a QB for most of the season that could not get him the ball. In particular, Smitty's stiff arm and break tackle ratings should be VERY high.

DJ's route running, speed and acceleration ratings should be low but his catch rating should be very high, he has flypaper hands and catches anything that's thrown at him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2010, 05:34 PM   #6
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Steve Smith should be no higher than a 94 at this point,92 is slightly low though.

Fiammetta should be a little higher than he is but alot of Fb's are rated somewhat low.I'd say mid 70's.

Jarrett may be close to garbage but he is still probably starting so I don't see why he should be lower than mid 60's.He flashed a little last year.

Johnson was pretty decent in Indy until he got let go because he couldn't stay out of trouble.He's probably more like a 70 though and Hayden around a 60.40-something or even low 50's would put them at pretty much the worst in the league.A 60 player is still pretty much roster filler.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:53 PM   #7
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

How do you justify changing someones ovr rating without discussing what individual ratings need to go up?

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 09-09-2010, 06:08 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
How do you justify changing someones ovr rating without discussing what individual ratings need to go up?
Very true. I think Steve Smith's Stiff Arm and Break Tackle (as CatMan said) should be tweaked enough till the OVR says 98. Steve Smith not a 98? You do not watch Panther games do you, LOL. Steve Smith is on a team whose focus is more on running the ball so he never really reached his true potential. If the primary game plan was to throw, you bet that Steve Smith would get 1800 yards easy. Needless to say, he never had any help either achieving the triple crown award (that only Jerry Rice got) in 2005: leading the league in receptions, yards, and touchdowns! There was no other WR to draw double coverage for Smith to be open - it was all him. Keary Colbert, Drew Carter, Rod Gardner did nothing but run routes. Boo-yah. Steve Smith is the most dangerous WR in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »