Home

Do I even have to bring Michael Vick up?

This is a discussion on Do I even have to bring Michael Vick up? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2010, 09:25 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Do I even have to bring Michael Vick up?

i cant believe all of the haters...
numbers dont lie..
as of the end of the Jaguars game; strictly for the people saying that Vicks passing attributes shouldnt be raised...

54/89...60.7 comp%... 750 yards... 6 TD's 0 INT's.. 110.2 QB Rating...
Old 09-26-2010, 10:59 PM   #18
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Red Karpet
i cant believe all of the haters...
numbers dont lie..
as of the end of the Jaguars game; strictly for the people saying that Vicks passing attributes shouldnt be raised...

54/89...60.7 comp%... 750 yards... 6 TD's 0 INT's.. 110.2 QB Rating...
Wait, didn't Jamarcus Russel torch the Broncos ( completely embarrassed them actually) a few years back? I could have sworn i saw a few threads about how he needed ratings boosted after his performance.

Yes Vick had another nice game, but i am NOT completely sold on him yet. I think it is a matter of time before teams begin to shut him down both in the pass and when he decides to make a run for it. So one, two or three good games IMO doesnt garner a ratings boost. If EA belives he deserves a boost fine, I have his original numbers from the out-of-the-box rosters. Those to me are more accurate.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 09-27-2010, 03:26 AM   #19
Pro

live to die54's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbraun
Wait, didn't Jamarcus Russel torch the Broncos ( completely embarrassed them actually) a few years back? I could have sworn i saw a few threads about how he needed ratings boosted after his performance.

Yes Vick had another nice game, but i am NOT completely sold on him yet. I think it is a matter of time before teams begin to shut him down both in the pass and when he decides to make a run for it. So one, two or three good games IMO doesnt garner a ratings boost. If EA belives he deserves a boost fine, I have his original numbers from the out-of-the-box rosters. Those to me are more accurate.
so how many great games does he need to have to get a ratings boost? i dont care what player it is after the 3 games vick has had he deserves to be in the 80's. im not saying 87 OVR like someone else said but vick is playing great football and deserves a 5-10 point rating boost for the next update

ps the sad thing is i know that when vick has 1 bad game everyone will be saying see told you he wasnt any good or saying is 78 OVR is reasonable....if thats the case why isnt favre a 75 right now?
Old 09-27-2010, 05:14 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by live to die54
so how many great games does he need to have to get a ratings boost? i dont care what player it is after the 3 games vick has had he deserves to be in the 80's. im not saying 87 OVR like someone else said but vick is playing great football and deserves a 5-10 point rating boost for the next update

ps the sad thing is i know that when vick has 1 bad game everyone will be saying see told you he wasnt any good or saying is 78 OVR is reasonable....if thats the case why isnt favre a 75 right now?

Yeah Favre needs a HUGE downgrade. He looks old, slow, stupid and horrible decision making.

On the other hand. Vick looks like his old self except hes passing a TON better. And the OL has NEVER mattered to Vick. If anything it makes him better. Him throwing on the run is redicilous.

Several times in the last 3 games I saw him roll out, start to run then throw instead. He could have run, probably for a good gain. But hes a passer first now.

And were not talking like in his Falcon days when he SAID he was going to pass, then ran all over everyone. These days he means it.

Ironwolf
Old 09-27-2010, 06:02 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbraun

see people are jsut lookin at the numbers, i doubt the people calling this a fluke have even watched vick play.

his QB play is better then ever
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2010, 09:28 PM   #22
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

I would have to agree, Favre does need a serious downgrade, but i dont see it happening.

Quote:
so how many great games does he need to have to get a ratings boost? i don't care what player it is after the 3 games vick has had he deserves to be in the 80's. im not saying 87 OVR like someone else said but vick is playing great football and deserves a 5-10 point rating boost for the next update
It really is not my call to say when he deserves an update, i am obviously not the one behind the helm at EA that decides what happens. My thoughts and opinions are my thoughts and opinions and its quite clear most of you think i am in the wrong. Its just look at how many guys showed flashes of promise and fell apart after only a short amount of time: J Russel, Brady Quinn, and Derek Anderson to name a few.

My point is i just think its too early to see, but if i HAD to throw out a number, i would say give at least 2 more games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoxsole
see people are jsut lookin at the numbers, i doubt the people calling this a fluke have even watched vick play.

his QB play is better then ever
Quite to the contrary i have NFL Sunday Ticket so yes i have watched and still have his games on my DVR. He has been extremely impressive and last i checked "fluke" didnt come out of my mouth. I have not seen Vick play this great for quite awhile and thats not even because he was in jail. The point i was trying to make was that a wait and see should happen to make sure he can be consistent with this and really earn his elite status back.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 09-27-2010, 11:07 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 16

I like Vick but I like the falcons more.(Became a fan because of him haha) So if he does some damage against Atlanta in week 6 THEN I will be an equal fan of his as I was back then.

But as far as ratings go, in my opinion let the man have 5 games(had 2.5 games, 2.8 games at the most so far) THEN can we determine how great he is again. But the way he is playing as of now I'd say 80 is good for now. If he continues being that good I'd say he desevers an 85-87 rating.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:18 AM   #24
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Vick should probably be around 90 speed and be at most an 84 overall at this point. You guys are talking like he is a top 5 QB, which he is not. And you can't tell after only a few games either, players go on hot streaks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »