Home

Do I even have to bring Michael Vick up?

This is a discussion on Do I even have to bring Michael Vick up? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2010, 03:53 AM   #25
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Do I even have to bring Michael Vick up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnes12eaglesfan
Vick should probably be around 90 speed and be at most an 84 overall at this point. You guys are talking like he is a top 5 QB, which he is not. And you can't tell after only a few games either, players go on hot streaks
Couldn't agree more
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 10:58 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 5

How bout we all just edit him as we see fit in our own games...?

Dont know why this is even a discussion
Old 09-30-2010, 12:43 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by coop9889
How bout we all just edit him as we see fit in our own games...?

Dont know why this is even a discussion
I'm guessing it's one of two things:

1) Online play. Seems to be the most logical.

2) This may be just me, but it doesn't feel "legit" when you edit the players yourself. Granted I'd only bump him up to an 85, but if he is on "just a hot streak", the weekly roster update should reflect that until he cools off.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:52 AM   #28
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Any roster with Vick possessing Deep Throw Accuracy under 90, Throw on the Run under 90, and Intermediate Throw Accuracy below 80 is comical.

He still doesn't put the short passes on target, but his throw accuracy beyond 15 yards is among the best in football.

Blame Tiburon for not having true quarterback ratings in this game beyond AWR, THP, THA. The areas of the game where Vick struggles are not captured by ratings in Madden.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:15 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

They need to do a better job of converting 40 times and cone and the other results to speed, acc, and etc ratings. Madden was probably always had a problem with too many guys being similar in ratings, but I guess they've fixed that somewhat by breaking down old ratings into different divisions
Old 10-26-2010, 12:21 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nails144
Let's not get crazy, guys... Yes, Vick had a great game last week. For his career, before he was suspended, he was never a good passing quarterback.

Should his runnign stats be good? Absolutely, he's arguably the best running QB of all time. So his spd (I would contend its 89-91 these days, very fast, but not as fast as he was when he was younger), agi, accel, ellu, should all be tops of the list for QB's.

His passer ratings do not need any upgrading... 1 game does not a career make. This is a guy who has never thrown for 3,000 yards in a season... He's never thrown more than 20 TD's. Even if you add his career PYpg(136.9) and RYpg(46.5) together, he isn't AVERAGING 200 yards per game. His career completion percentage is 54... I mean, John Kitna is a better QB in terms of creating total yards and TD's... (211.6 PYpg, 59.8 comp%, and several years of 20+ TD's)

The point is, people like Vick as a QB for what COULD be, not for what IS. Yeah, in a given game he can rip you up, but he is not an upper echelon NFL quartback. In his BEST season, his total YPG average was 219.5.... Good for just 10th in the league among QB's. His 20 passing TD's were good enough for another 10th place finish... He scored just 2 rushing TD's despite his phenomenal running season.

Guys, that was his BEST year and he was only the 10th best quarterback in the league. If he put those numbers up last year, he would have finished 19th in total yards per game and been tied for 18th in passing td's. his completion percentage has been and would still be among the worst in the league.

This man is NOT an elite QB, he is justa very talented one. His overall rating should be no better than a 78-81 with great running stats and below league average passing accuracy stats.
I don't think you can really look at the fact that his 10th place finish one year would be 19 now. A lot of players would fall in that category if you compare a season to a previous season or their current season to other players. That doesn't mean they're any less skilled. I don't think Vick should be 90 overall, but I'm sure out of the 3 accuracy ratings he should be high in 1 of the 3, and his power should be high. I'm not sure if that would do that much for his overall, but he should be ranked higher than a lot of QBs in the league if he plays like he did in ATL or before his injury.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »