Home

Throwing my hat in the ring (Historical Roster CaPs)

This is a discussion on Throwing my hat in the ring (Historical Roster CaPs) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2010, 10:20 PM   #1
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11
Throwing my hat in the ring (Historical Roster CaPs)

So, like a few other venerable people here, I have begun the process of creating historical rosters. I have begun by re-creating the heartbreaking Super Bowl XXV between the New York Giants and the Buffalo Bills. It is important to note that I am creating only the starters for some positions, like the OL and DL because, frankly, I don't care about a backup LT for the Giants in 1991. I literally just finished Buffalo's offense and have begun on their defense, which will be done by tonight. I hope to have this done by hopefully no later than Thursday night, but we'll see how class and work get in the way.

I am already planning a follow-up to this with the Super Bowl that should-have-been with the 1999 Jacksonville Jaguars squaring off with the St. Louis Rams. After that game is done, I will begin work on any and all CaP recipes anyone may have for me. I will post my personal "What-if" CaP of Jason Sehorn shortly, a CaP which operates on the premise that he recovered from his knee injury and stayed in the league.

More to come, but I wanted to open up this thread for any suggestions/comments any one might have for historical rosters. What kind of match-ups would you like to see CaP'd?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 10:32 AM   #2
Rookie

Ogimaa's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Throwing my hat in the ring (Historical Roster CaPs)

Good idea. How about anyone of those Super Bowl Buffalo Bills? I'd like to replay them all (and of course the Buffalo Bills would be the only 4 times i n a row Champions, what could have been)But yeah anyone of those.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:31 PM   #3
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

Thanks.

Yeah, I've certainly thought about doing the three following Super Bowls because now that I have the base roster down for Buffalo, it'd really just be some minor tweaks to the Bills' teams. It would be a similar thing for making Dallas because their roster didn't change that much between the two back-to-back wins. The Washington roster would take time, of course.

Update on the rosters: I am now 100% done with Buffalo's Super Bowl XXV roster. I have started the Giants, but I am only a couple players done. This may have to get pushed back a few days because I remembered I have an exam on Friday. :-(
Old 09-22-2010, 10:18 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

yeah,good.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:04 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hi alifeincomplete, will you be uploading this Historical rosters on OS?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 07:24 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

Great, I am glad to see your getting into this. Let me know when your Sehorn CAP is finished.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:50 PM   #7
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

Been a while because of a lot of distractions (real life), but I'm back to update this a bit. I've got some serious progress done on the Giants roster and have been tweaking the Bills roster quite a bit after using them numerous times.

Jason Sehorn CaP, as though he were still playing and never got hurt

Jason Sehorn
CB - USC - #31
Born April 15, 1971 in Sacramento, CA - 17 years pro
6'2" 215lbs
Skin tone 2, Face 1
Standard helmet 1, face mask 3bar
Full TC sleeves and standard TC gloves

79 OVR
70 agility
73 speed
77 acceleration
94 awr
89 play recognition
85 man coverage
84 zone coverage
12 for all QB accuracy stats

Screenshots forthcoming.

Last edited by alifeincomplete; 10-13-2010 at 12:31 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:50 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

I will have to cap him in to a roster I have lying around. I always did like Sehorn. Think you could do one of him in his prime?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »