Home

Why does Donny Moore jump the gun on roster updates!!!

This is a discussion on Why does Donny Moore jump the gun on roster updates!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2010, 01:28 AM   #9
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Why does Donny Moore jump the gun on roster updates!!!

I don't mind ratings as much as I do potential since we can't edit it. I think guys like Lesean McCoy, Demaryius Thomas definitely need A potential. I even think guys like Tebow, Colt McCoy and other players would be cool with A potential.

I much rather see real players develop into stars than the fake rookies. Thats just me.

Building a franchise around a real guy is cooler than a fake.

Oh, while I am typing. I do like the hand crafted classes. One thing though.. they should have random names and schools etc. It is entirely too easy to draft if you have seen the same guy before. Especially late round superstars.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:01 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1

Crabtree is not playing up to his potential. So far hes a disapointment. I think a 82 rating is still over kill for him.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:46 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
I'm not talking about what whole body of work being 3 quarters or even 4. What i'm trying to say is you're acting like every 49ers player should be rated higher then the saints just cause you supposedly dominated them for 3 quarters. For example, last year the bucs upset the Saints i don't think anyone is gonna all of a sudden rate the bucs the best team in the NFL, because if you look at the history of those players that season and in the past it would tell you that they aren't that good.

What it really sounds like is your just bent out of shape cause your team lost, it happens move on your team did it everything it could to win they just fell short.
What it really sounds like if youre the angry/biased fan who doesnt comprehend. when did i say they should have rating increases? i said if anything they should because of how they were lowered after one game but i didnt say they had to be, i understand. i just believed you meant that for the game their body of work was better, thats the only point i was trying to make. i dont think the niners are a better team than the saints but they are in the ballpark and could be soon.

Last edited by danieldk51491; 09-23-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 02:13 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

be happy you have a receiver in the 80s
Old 09-23-2010, 04:01 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 9

As a 49er fan, the only players I feel should get a boost in overall rating would be Iupati, Anthony Davis and Alex Smith. I say this because that game indeed improved there value in real life I would say. Just because you have a bad game or good game, doesn't necessarily mean you should suffer or be rewarded ratings wise so drastically. Players have off-days period. But the reason I believe the aforementioned players deserve a boost is because this was our rookies "coming out party" if you will. You SAW the potential they have. I feel rookies can be a little more dynamic in ratings since we know not much about them. But proven commodaties shouldn't be so sensitive. Alex played very well when it mattered and should be rewarded a little bit IMO.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:05 PM   #14
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninerholic
I am sick of after one week he makes a team worse! I am a huge Niners fan, you can find me on the PS3 as glitchersbeware or footeclint, if you wanna challange but back to the topic!

So the Niners play bad on week one yes. But look at week 2 vs the Super Bowl champs. Despite having a -4 TO ratio the almost got the win. The out gained the Saints. Out played the Saint. Just killed them selves with turnovers. Now All my offence besides Vernon Davis and the back ups were dropped a point. So I assume there should be a week 2 update to correct this. If I am not mistaken the Niners offense out gained the saint and should be rewarded.

Alex Smith is not a 76, 80 at most and more accurate. Crabtree is not an 82, when he was first put in the game he was an 84!!! There line is way better then what he has them as. So lets give them some respect Donny Moore!! Just cuz the team has a lot of young or not known players doesn't mean there ratings should be so low. Like Isaac Sopoaga. One of the niners d-ends. A 71!!!!! You have to be kinding me, just cuz he is not a sack monster!!! I am pretty sure they are considered to have one of the best front sevens in all of football. He should be at least and 82!!! You can not run on the niners. Even though in Madden it sure seems like you can!
^^^
In case anybody wanted to actually read the first post instead of just getting a headache from the large block of text.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:10 PM   #15
Pro

rgp913's Arena

OVR: 8

Off the top of my head, here a few people who are underrated or overrated...

OVERRATED
Brett Favre
Marion Barber
Knowshon Moreno
Pierre Garcon

UNDERRATED
Miles Austin
Hakeem Nicks
Mark Sanchez
Mike Vick
Demaryius Thomas
Josh Freeman
Johnny Knox
Aromshadu (sp?)
Darren McFadden
Jahvid Best (rec skills)
Tim Hightower
LeSean McCoy
Felix Jones
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 06:03 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Mike Sims-Walker
WR
JAX
Increase, from 84 to 85OVR

He had zero catches in week one and 10 for 105 and a td in a blowout and he gets a upgrade lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »