Home

Buccaneers Roster Corrections

This is a discussion on Buccaneers Roster Corrections within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2010, 12:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Buccaneers Roster Corrections

There are a number of roster corrections where the Buccaneers are rated incorrectly.

1) Cadillac Williams Catch needs to increase to high 70s, and CIT needs to increase to the 60s; PBK/PBF needs to increase to at least the 60s.

Cadillac Williams can't run the ball anymore (with a 3.0 average) and has lost his starting job to Blount (who can't - yet - pass protect). But he's good at catching the ball and is great in pass protection.

2) Erik Lorig needs to go up to an OVR of at least the 60s. Further, his IBL needs to go to the low 70s and PBF needs to hit the high 60s.

Erik Lorig is currently rated at 46, and yet has been filling in admirably for Graham. He's not the runner or receiver that Graham is, but he's done a good job of lead blocking for Blount and blowing guys up in the hole.

3) Michael Spurlock's speed needs to go to low 90s, his RTE needs to hit high 70s and SPC needs to be similar. I'd also bump CIT as well. His RET needs to be 95+. I'd keep his OVR around 72.

Spurlock is the third receiver for the Bucs. Mike Williams is a big play guy, but so is Spurlock. Repeatedly, on huge third downs Freeman has gone to Spurlock who makes big catches, particularly on fly and dies. He has a good understanding of timing. Further, he's the best Bucs returner in history and repeatedly makes big plays in the return game. The only reason her's not back there all the time are because of his contributions on offense.

4) Mike Williams SPD needs to hit 92+, his ACC needs to be 94+.

Williams demonstrated his speed in a slant route he took to the house last week against Atlanta. He's the most explosive player on the Buccaneers roster.

5) Ted Larsen needs to go up. I'm not sure exactly where to put his numbers, but his RBK, RBF, RBS, and IBL need to go up.

Larsen started over Zuttah (76 OVR) because of his run blocking abilities. The team has been very happy with his play, and short of too many false starts, the running game has picked up with his inclusion.

6) Jeremy Zuttah's stats desperately need to change. His pass blocking and run blocking ratings need to switch, as do his blocking strength and footwork ratings.

Clearly who did his stats didn't know anything about Zuttah. He's a pass blocker, and isn't in the line up because he's not as strong in the run game. In fact, one of the biggest criticisms of his game is his lack of work in the weight room. While he's played well for Faine at center, that seems to be his natural position given his athleticism and lack of strength.

7) James Lee needs to go to high 60s OVR.

Not much to say in specifics not having a lot of info about his game, but he's played well in place of Trueblood and is a serviceable backup. Just like the play of Larsen, and the O-line as a whole, you just need to look at the success of Blount at RB. Blount, like Brandon Jacobs, needs a hole to get going (ie. if he's hit in the backfield he's done) and his success demonstrates what the O-line has been able to do.

8) Stylez White needs to go down to around 75 OVR (or lower). I would take his FMV from 84 to 75 (or so).

White is the best defensive end on the Bucs roster - which isn't a compliment. The Bucs may have the worst D line in the league and its amazing they've been able to force all the turnovers in the secondary and even win games. The D-line has 5 sacks as a unit, and is bottom of the league. White makes occasional plays, or else I'd say he needs to drop to the high 60s.

9) Kyle Moore needs to drop to 66/67 OVR. His BSH needs to drop from 83 to 74.

Similar to White, yet Kyle Moore has done nothing (ie. barely recorded any tackles and has no sacks) while starting at left defensive end. Crowder has 2 sacks, and should maybe be rated higher than Moore even though he's Moore's backup.

10) Gerald McCoy needs to drop to around 75 OVR. His PMV needs to hit low 80s at least.

Gerald McCoy is going to be a great player - but he isn't yet. Gerald McCoy is getting better every week and may need bumps for the rest of the year. But, at this point if he wasn't the 3rd overall pick he wouldn't be rated near 83. That being said, he still is the best player on the d line.

11) Quincy Black needs to hit high 70s/low 80s. I'm not exactly sure where to put him as Black he is a multidimensional player. I would initially raise his FMV and PRC.

Black has been the best Bucs LB after a slow start to the season. Black's a difficult player to place. Typically the Bucs take their Sam LB off the field in pass downs, but because of his various abilities they've been finding ways to keep him on the field, often as an edge rusher.

12) Barrett Ruuds probably correctly placed at 85 OVR. That being said, his BSH and POW ratings need to drop to the 70s. His TAK, PUR, PRC, and ZCV need to jump approximately to keep in line with an 85 OVR.

Ruud is infamous for making tackles downfield. He's not someone who sheds blocks and stops RBs in their tracks and unless he plays consistently like he did against Carolina he wont' be back for the Bucs next year. That being said, he is a smart player whos a good MLB in coverage and a sure (not big) tackler.

13) Geno Hayes SPD and ACC need to jump. His FMV, BSH, and PUR need to drop. His OVR needs to drop.

Geno has, except for the Arizona game, had a bad season. Last weak against Carolina he had 1 tackle. Hayes is an incredibly athletic linebacker (just watch him shoot through gaps and make tackles in the backfield) who tackles well and can lay the wood. I'm not quite sure why Hayes, a Will LB in the Bucs defense, has been non existent for much of the season. He hasn't been giving up plays, but he hasn't made many splash plays either.

14) Adam Hayward needs to jump to around 69 OVR.

Hayward's been the "4th" LB for the Bucs and has made a lot of plays when in. He hasn't done anything amazing, but has been consistently around the ball and has made a lot of tackles for his playing time. On that note, if Dekoda Watson keeps playing like he has the last couple of games he will deserve a bump too.

15) Aqib Talib needs to jump back to 89 OVR, with his SPD, TAK, ZCV, and PRC going up. I would drop his MCV to low 80s, high 70s.

Talib has been giving up plays, which is why I don't advocate his OVR going into the 90s. But he has made a ton of big plays, and his tackling has been greatly improved from last year (just look at the backside tackle on Goodson this week).

16) Ronde Barber's TAK needs to increase to the 70s.

Ronde Barber frequently plays in the box, particularly in nickel situations. He is a very sure tackler (watch him take down Steven Jackson in the backfield) and his stats need to reflect this.

17) Cody Grimm's TAK needs to increase to the low 80s.

Grimm has played very well, and while he's not great in coverage he's been a sure tackler. Him and Barber frequently flip coverage to maximize his in the box ability.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2010, 12:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Buccaneers Roster Corrections

Great post and agree with all of it.

I haven't bought this year's game yet, could you post the overall ratings for all of the current Bucs after you get the week 10 updates (from yesterday).

This is what I have:

Freeman = 83 (+6 since the game was released)
Johnson = 68

Williams = 78
Blount = 77 (+12)
Lumpkin = ??
Huggins = 67 (-1) IR

Graham = 81 (+3)
Lorig = 46

Williams = 83 (+16)
Benn = 72 (-1)
Spurlock = 67 (+17)
Stroughter = 70 (+2)
Stovall = 71?
Parker = ??

Winslow = 88 (-1)
Gilmore = 70
Purvis = ??

Penn = 82 (-3)
Larsen = ??
Faine = 86
Joseph = 88
Lee = 61+
Zuttah = 77?
Trueblood = 71 (-3)
Hardman = ??
Barker = ??

White = 79 (+6)
McCoy = 83 (-1)
Miller = 73 (+2)
Moore = 69 (+2)
Price = 73 (-2) IR
Crowder = 66 (-2)
Sims = 72?
Woods = ??
Magee = ??

Black = 72 (+2)
Ruud = 87 (-4)
Hayes = 81(+2)
Watson = 64
Heyward = ??
Koutoutvides = 63

Talib = 85 (-2)
Barber = 85 (+1)
Jones = 77
Grimm = 70 (+9)
Biggers = 66 (+7)
Lewis = 66
Piscitelli = 72 (-2)
Lynch = 65 (+1)
Mack = 68

Barth = 71
Malone = ??

Overall Team Rating 79 (+10)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »