Home

Franchise Tips

This is a discussion on Franchise Tips within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2010, 06:46 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Franchise Tips

Can somebody tell me the least amount of money you can pay a free agent that says not looking for this deal like FA C Jake Grove, LG Kinney, and other players you resign in the offseason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2010, 01:23 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise Tips

just go into player manegment and find the player you want....then go edit player and change them to QB or something that makes their rating low (around 12 overall).....then you should be able to sign them cheap as.....once you have them on your roster move them back to their position....
Old 11-26-2010, 06:10 AM   #3
Rookie

TomBrady's Arena

Or just play franchise like its supposed to and dont cheat.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:43 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Man_45
just go into player manegment and find the player you want....then go edit player and change them to QB or something that makes their rating low (around 12 overall).....then you should be able to sign them cheap as.....once you have them on your roster move them back to their position....

wow...

this is the type of thing thats makes me wonder if Madden will ever be able to make everyone happy...

The Sim crowd wouldn't use this tactic at all, if you can't afford a guy, or he just simply doesn't wanna sign with your team, LET HIM GO... Thats realistic, you can't keep every FA every single year...

The un sim crowd, that simply plays to have fun, I can see doing this with the hopes of building a dream team of players and just scoring 80 points a game...

Its a fine line... Sim vs Fun / Entertainment... Neither one of these groups are "wrong" since you are always free to do as you wish...

Here is the real issue... Who is the bigger market for EA? Can they possibly cater to both of them??? Can you make a "sim" game and still make it fun and playable for the non hardcore football crowd???
Old 11-26-2010, 09:11 AM   #5
Rookie

TomBrady's Arena

Quote:
Can you make a "sim" game and still make it fun and playable for the non hardcore crowd???
Yep. NBA2k11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2010, 02:46 PM   #6
Banned

Okay ill "cheat" i start with sucky teams release all the players that don't have a bother my cap the next year and sign free agents.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »