Home

How to get 6+ 1st Round Picks and a 99 OVERAL TEAM in franchise mode!!!

This is a discussion on How to get 6+ 1st Round Picks and a 99 OVERAL TEAM in franchise mode!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2010, 02:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How to get 6+ 1st Round Picks and a 99 OVERAL TEAM in franchise mode!!!

And when i say 6+ 1st round picks, i mean the overal 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 picks of the entire draft!!

So, does anyone know about this bug? Sometimes I do this and after 3-4 years in my franchise i end up with a 97-99 Overal Team!

When u start your franchice, turn off the deadline off trades (which dont let u trade picks or players after week 6).

Note: always trade your picks with the teams you think will have the best records in the last week of the regular season.

In the 1st week of the regular season, before any matches of this week have been played, start to trade your picks.

1) Trade your 1st pick for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
2) Trade yours 2nd, 3rd and 4th for a 1st, 2nd and 4th.
3) Trade two 2nds ( 1 from each team u traded before) and a 3rd(from the 1st trade) for a 1st, 2nd and 4th.

Now you have three 1st and one 2nd. And its week 1 yet!

Try to repeat these trades after 3-4 weeks. Sometimes you wont be able to do the exacly same trades, but very approximate ones. For example, trade the 1st round pick of the team with the best record for a 1st, 2nd, and 4, or ur 1st for a 1st, 3rd and 4th or ur 1st for a 1st, 2nd and 5th.

The thing is: During the regular season, the picks of the best teams are more valuable than the picks of the worst teams. (Just the opposite of what it should be!)

There was on time that I ended up with 8 1st and 2 2nd
(To get more 1st rounders just trade your meddium players -80 overal- for 2nd rounders and then trade multiple 2nd and 3rd for 1st rounders)

Finaly, on week 17, before any game has been played, trade your picks with the picks of the worst teams. (For example, trade one of your 1st rounds (NE) for CAR 1st.. they will accept these trades!) After this you will have the top picks of every rounds every draft!!

Another thing, if you dont like to play with the generated draft players, trade your picks for players in the DRAFT!! I always do that! On my last franchise, for example, i had this deph:
WR - Andre jonshon, Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Calvin Jonshon Jr
HB - Adrian Petterson and Chris Jonshon.

Now u must be thinking: "how can u have all the super stars players in your team with CAP ON". Well, the best thing of trading these players in the draft is that, after the trade, their cap salaries and bonus become really small!!

Enjoy and share your best teams with us!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2010, 07:39 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: How to get 6+ 1st Round Picks and a 99 OVERAL TEAM in franchise mode!!!

I'll stick to playing realistically and not cheating the game and myself if you don't mind
Old 12-25-2010, 07:55 PM   #3
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

To each person there own, but where is the fun in all of this?
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 12-25-2010, 08:50 PM   #4
Rookie

Of course I dont play this way too often... its just that sometimes i wanna see the best team that i can make ... other thing, this way u can play against the super cheat cpu level. 20!
Old 12-31-2010, 01:32 PM   #5
Rookie

I used to do things like that when i was younger, but now I fancy a more realistic approach, which usually involves controlling multiple teams so I can do their offseason work for them, that way I have some rivals.

I wish EA would make the offseason and draft more realistic. It is in need of a realistic upgrade. If Ten has Chris Johnson and he is young, they wouldn't draft a RB with their 1st round pick. Maybe after CJ plays 8 years, but not in 2011.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2011, 02:44 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I tried this and my trades never get accepted what team should I use for this?
Old 01-13-2011, 02:11 PM   #7
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

You dont need to go to all that trouble...

You can just use the draft class guide from the main forum and make sure to draft guys who all have A potential... and after a few years you'll have an very good team.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:27 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
You dont need to go to all that trouble...

You can just use the draft class guide from the main forum and make sure to draft guys who all have A potential... and after a few years you'll have an very good team.
Can you link me to that? I checked a few pages, and tried the search feature but couldnt find it...thanks haha.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »