Home

UPDATE 1.0 - 2011DRAFTCLASS FILE-PS3

This is a discussion on UPDATE 1.0 - 2011DRAFTCLASS FILE-PS3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2011, 01:21 PM   #17
Rookie

stupidsuck's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: UPDATE 1.0 - 2011DRAFTCLASS FILE-PS3

everything looks to import very well and similar to real projections except the qbs.
anyone else having issues getting the top 4 qbs to project in the first 2 rounds?

nice work overall

Last edited by stupidsuck; 02-01-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:34 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidsuck
everything looks to import very well and similar to real projections except the qbs.
anyone else having issues getting the top 4 qbs to project in the first 2 rounds?

nice work overall
I don't think it's possible.. the import nerfs awareness too much, and that can't be controlled. To get the QB's that high consistently, you would have to jack their throwing ratings to 99's

I like keeping the throwing ratings realistic, and then if you play the games, the low awr won't hold you back much, and you'll get nice progression and a solid overall after a few seasons, which is realistic for young QB's

Never forget, even Peyton Manning threw 28 picks as a rookie(and 23 four years later)
Old 02-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #19
Rookie

stupidsuck's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike0ne
I don't think it's possible.. the import nerfs awareness too much, and that can't be controlled. To get the QB's that high consistently, you would have to jack their throwing ratings to 99's

I like keeping the throwing ratings realistic, and then if you play the games, the low awr won't hold you back much, and you'll get nice progression and a solid overall after a few seasons, which is realistic for young QB's

Never forget, even Peyton Manning threw 28 picks as a rookie(and 23 four years later)
i get that and agree for the most part, but i would like at least 1 or 2 of them to have A potential. It's proving hard to do for even 1 of them
Old 02-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #20
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

OVR: 18
Icon10 Re: UPDATE 1.0 - 2011DRAFTCLASS FILE-PS3

i honestly dont think there are any high-1st rounder QuarterBacks this year
its just my opinion, not the way i rated the college players by any means

cam will probably go in the first round based in his unbelievable accomplishments in 2010 alone

but locker, gabbert, mallet, theyre good, but theyre no Andrew Luck, who IMO will have a SamBradford/JoshFreeman type impact immediately, and is already the number one pick in 2012 (even if he suffers injury-see Bradford/2010)

70's & 60's-OVR-RTG is good in my opinion for all the QB's i mentioned

this draft (real-life) is going to be all about DL & WR
those are the deepest positions

dont get me wrong
youve got superstuds like Mark Ingram, Kyle Rudolf, Mike Pouncey, Patrick Peterson & Prince Amakumura, but the D-Lineman and Receivers are so deep this year its crazy

I can see AJ Green, Julio Jones, Baldwin all going high
and of course, Bowers, Fairley, Quinn, Dareus, Clayborn, Kerrigan, Watt, Heyward, and on and on, going very high too

anyway, i retract something i said earlier
i may do a 'post-combine' update 2.0 (pre-draft)
so i have more info to work with on the players

enjoy guys!!!
GO GATORS

Old 02-01-2011, 02:18 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

the hard work is very much appreciated.

you're the man dan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks a lot Dan. Looks pretty great.

I know some others are referencing it but is there anyway you can just sim the 2012 season and post whatever it spits out? Doesn't matter to me who comes out other than a few players (specifically Luck) but just so we have something to work with that doesn't duplicate players.

I know I plan on using your class and simming the first season of a franchise. But in order to start the 2011 season we would need the 2012 class.

Just a request, but I do understand if you are reluctant to post anything for the time being.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:13 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidsuck
i get that and agree for the most part, but i would like at least 1 or 2 of them to have A potential. It's proving hard to do for even 1 of them
Ya, I didn't think of that.. I use the star player boost thing on the QB's I draft, just once if I think they should have A potential.

I think while this years QB's may lack a polished franchise type like Luck. Gabbert and Locker could both have long and very successful careers if developed slowly. Maybe even Mallet if he matures before he Ryan Leafs himself.

My prediction for Cam Newton = long holdout, very little playing time year one, starts copping attitude, and goes the way of Jamarcus Russell.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:25 PM   #24
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

In all seriousness, with all the many flaws of importing draft classes, and the insane amount of time you have to spend to get all draft eligible juniors to come out, this draft class should be considered PERFECTION.

In my first try, it had all the top guys where they should be, which has honestly never happened with mine or any other.

Thank you, man, these are truly phenominal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »