Home

WTFitsDaveyJ's Madden 11 Final Roster Re-Scaling Thread

This is a discussion on WTFitsDaveyJ's Madden 11 Final Roster Re-Scaling Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2011, 07:58 PM   #25
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: WTFitsDaveyJ's Madden 11 Final Roster Re-Scaling Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
With the custom sliders I'm developing specifically for this roster set, what we should have is the most realistic, open, and fresh feeling Madden in years. That's my goal. It's not a matter of more this or less that, it's just a matter of those events happening when they should, and less "Only in Madden" moments. Every time you play Giants vs. Colts, or Eagles vs. Cowboys, or whatever matchup you prefer, you'll get a different result every time because the players will only respond what you put in. It will take an extreme amount of effort, but I believe I can get it done in just a few weeks. As I said, I accidentally overwrote my original file where I was up to WRs, so I'll be re-starting (ugh) Tuesday morning.

My ratings are very, very unforgiving to some, but the main thing to remember is that with these ratings, the OVR is just placebo. Ben Roethlisberger is an 82 (well, was..) but is probably one of the best QBs in the file because he has power, speed, and good throwing skills (in comparison), ie one of the most "complete" QBs in that sense. Peyton Manning is a 92, but that's purely AWR and throw skills...He will NOT rush on you.
i see what you're sayin'.....not only that, if it can effect the outcome of games where it evens the playing field a bit and a team like the bills can beat a team like the steelers. i mean, receivers shouldn't catch everything and quarterbacks shouldn't complete everything....i get tired of scorefests sometimes. thanks for your efforts and i look forward to the completed roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2011, 01:32 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I have seen a similar take on rosters in a forum for Madden 08 PC. It can make gameplay much better....but it may wreck havoc on simmed stats during the season. It also could have the unintended effect of making the AI drop players because their overall is not 'high enough' to justify the salary (i.e. the Pats release Brady in the offseason because he is only an 89).

I'm not trying to discourage you....I am all about innovation, it is just a friendly warning that it may not work out the way you want it to.
That's fair. I have previously stated this roster is for Play Now, and Season One of franchise only due to those exact potential issues. Other roster makers may be creating them for the long haul, and as much of a franchise junkie as I am, I'm creating this for the pick-up-and-play folks who want a solid game of football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
i see what you're sayin'.....not only that, if it can effect the outcome of games where it evens the playing field a bit and a team like the bills can beat a team like the steelers. i mean, receivers shouldn't catch everything and quarterbacks shouldn't complete everything....i get tired of scorefests sometimes. thanks for your efforts and i look forward to the completed roster.
This roster makes the studs play like studs, the duds play like duds, and the so-so play as such. You will definitely have a better chance to win with a better roster (as is the case in real life), but there is no bias involved when editing the attributes and in the end it still depends on user skill and knowledge. If you're the Bills, playing smart football, you could beat the Steelers...You'll just have to use the team to it's strengths and minimize their weaknesses. I see what you're saying though. Thanks for the kind words, and I'll definitely be excited to share the first game's results upon completion.

Last edited by RedZoneD25; 03-02-2011 at 01:36 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:46 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
That's fair. I have previously stated this roster is for Play Now, and Season One of franchise only due to those exact potential issues. Other roster makers may be creating them for the long haul, and as much of a franchise junkie as I am, I'm creating this for the pick-up-and-play folks who want a solid game of football.
Thats pretty much what I figured what I was going to do when some one brang that up in one of my threads. what ever I will see what goes!
Old 03-02-2011, 09:46 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 0

The problem with one season is football being 16 games and the playoffs. You could go through a season of football in a month. Baseball is 162 games and the playoffs, so you could spend a long time playing one season. This is why Franchise mode is so important in football. Of course, other sports also have long seasons, such as basketball and hockey.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:57 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambizytl
The problem with one season is football being 16 games and the playoffs. You could go through a season of football in a month. Baseball is 162 games and the playoffs, so you could spend a long time playing one season. This is why Franchise mode is so important in football. Of course, other sports also have long seasons, such as basketball and hockey.
..you don't say?

I know this, but I've been honest and upfront with you before. These are NOT rosters for the franchise mode player, and it pains me to say that because it is where I spend all of my time. It WOULD work with franchise if it didn't mess with the AI cutting players, and the Madden draft class prospects being so much higher rated than everyone else.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:08 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
..you don't say?

I know this, but I've been honest and upfront with you before. These are NOT rosters for the franchise mode player, and it pains me to say that because it is where I spend all of my time. It WOULD work with franchise if it didn't mess with the AI cutting players, and the Madden draft class prospects being so much higher rated than everyone else.
I agree with you about Madden's generated rookies. What I propose to do in my Franchise controlling all teams is pick just 1 or 2 at most players who are highly rated (superstar prospects)--for all teams combined. I will pick C and B over A potential when needed. My other goal is to try and keep teams in there current perspective.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:32 PM   #31
Rookie

I dont have the patience to control all the teams... i grab just one hehehe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2011, 11:16 AM   #32
MVP

Hey all, apologies for the big delay. I'm nearly done with the roster, right around schedule too. I will post in the next few days, keep on the lookout. There are only 6 players 90 OVR or higher. I'll keep you guessing until you see them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »