Home

The truth about Dez Bryant!

This is a discussion on The truth about Dez Bryant! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
Banned

R0M0mentum09's Arena

OVR: 0
The truth about Dez Bryant!

I keep seeing all these Bucs fans complaining about Dez's speed and how Mike Williams is SOO much better. . . I'm here to tell you that sure, statistically Mike Williams is the better receiver right now. He may have ran a faster 40 yada yada yada which you think says "He's faster". Dez is electrifying, he's a gamebreaker/playmaker. He's a physical freak at that and the sky is the limit for him. Mike Williams is a solid wide out, but I don't see him getting any better than he was last season? I think that he prematurely peaked, I think Dez has the ability to be MUCH better than Mike Williams.

Dez showed the ability to physically outman/destroy opposing NFL cornerbacks. He's not the technician that Williams is (yet) but really doesn't have to be as his god given physical talent is just off the charts. Personally I think Dez's ratings are spot on (his route running and awareness suck, which is spot on) I do think Mike Williams should be rated 2 points ahead of Dez (85 OVR for Williams). Dez is faster than Mike Williams, he can jump higher than Williams. . . he is stronger than Williams and is more of a threat to take it to the endzone than Williams.

One thing I see Bucs fans really complaining about is Dez's speed (94). . . Here's just a few reasons to not take his much discussed "4.57" 40 time seriously. . .

1. Dez was suspended by the NCAA and missed almost a year of football and was really out of shape.

2. Due to not being in shape, Dez tweaked his hamstring a bit and missed the NFL combine.

3. Dez ran at OKst's pro day with his bum hamstring

4. Dallas drafts him, he goes into training camp and (again) he's still out of shape and tweaks his ankle.

5. Because of the ankle injury Dez is behind the curve (misses all of training camp and preseason).

6. Goes out week 1 (very green) and tries his best, but lacks the knowledge (playbook etc.) to be successful.

7. Shows big flashes week 3 and looks to have a promising future.

8. Hurts his ankle against the Colts. . . out for the year.

Dez ends the season with 12 games played 45 receptions, 561 yards, 6 receiving TDs, 21 1st downs, 2 Punt return TDs in only 15 attempts! (He also forced 2 fumbles lol)

Dez accomplished so much with such little experience/time/knowledge. . . and he was just playing school yard ball (little knowledge of the playbook/system) and tearing up (and abusing) some NFL defenses! How can people say that with OTA's and an off season with Romo that Dez won't just blow up this year? If Dez was in the shape he's in now and ran a 40 he'd easily run a 4.35-4.4 thus deserving of his 94 speed (not to mention him burning people in games which people seem to think doesn't matter?)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: The truth about Dez Bryant!

I think that statistically speaking, the TD numbers is as good as it will get with Williams, but the receptions and yards have room to improve. People seem to forget that before Williams quit on the Orange, he was likely a 1st round pick. All around, he's a great young WR, with his one issue right now being that he seems to sometimes lose focus when making the catch, which leads to some drops. However, he has good size and athleticism for a WR, and runs good routes as well. Honestly, he was the one guy that I was praying Tampa would draft because I knew his stock was low because of the **** that happened at Syracuse, but he was an absolute monster there before he quit and he seems to have his head on straight now.

Edit: And right now, Bryant is all about potential, whereas Williams already proved himself in his rookie season, so it's tough to really say they should be the same rating or really even close.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

Last edited by Yeah...THAT Guy; 08-17-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:51 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

That's a lot of text defending one guy .. does it really matter? In the end it's all opinion ..
Old 08-17-2011, 10:54 AM   #4
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Someone with a Cowboys avatar going to the carpet for Dez Bryant? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
Old 08-17-2011, 10:57 AM   #5
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

This needed it's own thread? I watched mike Williams play in high school here in buffalo.. He was good then and he's good now. Guess what? Dez Bryant was good then and he's also good now. Who cares about ratings in a madden game. Both guys are good wideouts, both guys are gonna play good. If you don't agree with the ratings in madden you can always change them yourself
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 02:57 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 1

One question, who gives a ****?!
Old 08-17-2011, 03:15 PM   #7
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0M0mentum09
One thing I see Bucs fans really complaining about is Dez's speed (94). . . Here's just a few reasons to not take his much discussed "4.57" 40 time seriously. . .

1. Dez was suspended by the NCAA and missed almost a year of football and was really out of shape. Mike Williams was suspended by Syracuse about 4 games into the year. If Dez can't be professional enough to work out on his own that is a Dez problem

2. Due to not being in shape, Dez tweaked his hamstring a bit and missed the NFL combine.

3. Dez ran at OKst's pro day with his bum hamstring He obviously thought he would be faster no one forced him to run. How many guys just lift when they have a tweaked hammy then during individual workouts they run

4. Dallas drafts him, he goes into training camp and (again) he's still out of shape and tweaks his ankle. Potential aside this guy can't keep himself in shape that is unacceptable

5. Because of the ankle injury Dez is behind the curve (misses all of training camp and preseason). Any coach will tell you, if you can't physically train you should be getting mental reps. He was somewhere no focused on his craft

6. Goes out week 1 (very green) and tries his best, but lacks the knowledge (playbook etc.) to be successful. Williams goes out season 1 and almost gets 1000 receiving yards. One game means nothing as you said he didn't do much in the preseason. Therefore no tape on him.

7. Shows big flashes week 3 and looks to have a promising future. Flashes don't equal promising future. Consistency is what the NFL is all about

8. Hurts his ankle against the Colts. . . out for the year. Damn hurt again!

Dez ends the season with 12 games played 45 receptions, 561 yards, 6 receiving TDs, 21 1st downs, 2 Punt return TDs in only 15 attempts!Mike 16 games 65 receptions, 964 yards, 11 TDs
I've got some free time what the hell I'll bite.

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger
Old 08-19-2011, 02:42 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0M0mentum09
I keep seeing all these Bucs fans complaining about Dez's speed and how Mike Williams is SOO much better. . . I'm here to tell you that sure, statistically Mike Williams is the better receiver right now. He may have ran a faster 40 yada yada yada which you think says "He's faster". Dez is electrifying, he's a gamebreaker/playmaker. He's a physical freak at that and the sky is the limit for him. Mike Williams is a solid wide out, but I don't see him getting any better than he was last season? I think that he prematurely peaked, I think Dez has the ability to be MUCH better than Mike Williams.

Dez showed the ability to physically outman/destroy opposing NFL cornerbacks. He's not the technician that Williams is (yet) but really doesn't have to be as his god given physical talent is just off the charts. Personally I think Dez's ratings are spot on (his route running and awareness suck, which is spot on) I do think Mike Williams should be rated 2 points ahead of Dez (85 OVR for Williams). Dez is faster than Mike Williams, he can jump higher than Williams. . . he is stronger than Williams and is more of a threat to take it to the endzone than Williams.

1. Dez was suspended by the NCAA and missed almost a year of football and was really out of shape.

3. Dez ran at OKst's pro day with his bum hamstring

4. Dallas drafts him, he goes into training camp and (again) he's still out of shape and tweaks his ankle.

5. Because of the ankle injury Dez is behind the curve (misses all of training camp and preseason).

6. Goes out week 1 (very green) and tries his best, but lacks the knowledge (playbook etc.) to be successful.

7. Shows big flashes week 3 and looks to have a promising future.

8. Hurts his ankle against the Colts. . . out for the year.

Dez ends the season with 12 games played 45 receptions, 561 yards, 6 receiving TDs, 21 1st downs, 2 Punt return TDs in only 15 attempts! (He also forced 2 fumbles lol)

Dez accomplished so much with such little experience/time/knowledge. . . and he was just playing school yard ball (little knowledge of the playbook/system) and tearing up (and abusing) some NFL defenses! How can people say that with OTA's and an off season with Romo that Dez won't just blow up this year? If Dez was in the shape he's in now and ran a 40 he'd easily run a 4.35-4.4 thus deserving of his 94 speed (not to mention him burning people in games which people seem to think doesn't matter?)

While all this might be true and is good evidence, Mike Williams IS the better reciever. This is coming from a rival team fan. Cowboy fans always wanna compare and put themselves on a higher pedestal then everyone else. Your evidence shows that Dez is not a good player off the field, It also shows us that he gets injured a lot. To say Mike Williams is a worse reciever and is "solid" while Dez is some sort of Randy Moss Freak of a athlete is complete DIDDLY POO! Your argument is flawed
Last Game: L10-20 Vs Miami

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »