Home

Playmakers Madden 12 All Time Team Rosters

This is a discussion on Playmakers Madden 12 All Time Team Rosters within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2011, 09:09 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Playmakers Madden 12 All Time Team Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by isulegend
How many players can you create ?
I don't know what Madden's CAP restriction limits are....but there are ways aroudn it like editing over scrubs in the free-agent pool and the active roster players

Then you can save CAP space when you need to create additional players for each team.

All I'm worried about is actual Player names, ratings, height/weight and uniform Numbers.

It won't be as easy as NCAA to just take the default rosters and edit over them but i'll make it work to the best of my ability

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 05:28 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I don't know what Madden's CAP restriction limits are....but there are ways aroudn it like editing over scrubs in the free-agent pool and the active roster players

Then you can save CAP space when you need to create additional players for each team.

All I'm worried about is actual Player names, ratings, height/weight and uniform Numbers.

It won't be as easy as NCAA to just take the default rosters and edit over them but i'll make it work to the best of my ability
as in previous maddens u cant change their height and weight or skin tone, and im sure there is a cap limit but im not sure what it is. so i think the easiest way would be to just edit players already in the game that might closely match the player u are making, such as height weight, and of course u would want to get their skin tone correct. but i agree with your op in that this madden seems to finally have the gameplay really solid. it even resembles 2k in some aspects and is evident that they copied them in some things, but thats ok as long as they make a good game, and im glad that they brought back the player roles and added the new dpp feature as this helps make players alot more unique instead of just generic ratings. so a combination of skills/ratings seems to be the best way imo to rate players in a video game. im also a big historic roster guy so i would love to see these when youre done, however i play on the ps3.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #27
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Thanks for the prop's.....

I haven't decided if i'm going to do this for both systems yet....like i said that is a lot of hours and it also requires me to purchase a 2nd copy of the game.

but right now we have bigger problems than that....the reason why i said i was going to waite a week before even opening up the game is because i know how EA likes to release their sports games with many bugs now days

This is the type of thing i was worried about when doing the rosters
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ers-roles.html

Leave it up to EA they will kill your spirits every time with something they don't test out before releasing a game
There are work arounds my friend.

Dont let EA deter you I haven't. Player roles/traits are HIGHLY overated in my opinion as well. You can make individual players play like them selves without the involvement of player roles. It just take a balancing of ratings etc. Might be more work to some but if you end uo doing it right away it's already done

I want an all time roster PLay! get to it!
Old 09-03-2011, 06:59 PM   #28
gtm
M*t*l F*r*v*r

gtm's Arena

OVR: 18

Yes Playmakers, you can start to roll on this roster. Can't wait along with everyone else.

CLICK ME==> NY Mets Dynasty Page

I'm the only person on the planet that says sports games AI should be tested in cpu/cpu mode

U.S. Navy Veteran (Disabled Vet)

"Life, Liberty, And Pursuit Of All Who Threaten It"
Old 09-04-2011, 10:34 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 3

playmakers, i would be very interested in how u plan on doing the ratings for these players. i have thought of a few methods, such as using old madden ratings and another one where u could use stats to convert into ratings but that can be tricky. so just thought i would pick your brain a little on this as i would be very interested in your input. thank you.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:22 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jHorns
playmakers, i would be very interested in how u plan on doing the ratings for these players. i have thought of a few methods, such as using old madden ratings and another one where u could use stats to convert into ratings but that can be tricky. so just thought i would pick your brain a little on this as i would be very interested in your input. thank you.
Old Madden ratings (of course some of those ratings are way too high) but scaled back to match physical and raw attributes that are more realistic

So there won't be many RB's with a exaggeretad 80 strenght....Jim Brown might be one of the few exceptions. I won't inflate any players speed, agility or accleration rating just to make his overall go up high. If he was slow he was slow that is why they have other ratings to capture a players tendency like Emmitt Smith he will not be getting a 90 speed just because it's Emmitt Smith the guy only ran between 4.5-4.7

Player comparison charts/tendencies much like the way i do with NCAA Football....I will take a player in today's game and match his skills and physical ability to a older generation player.

and i refer to a few resources that help me capture a player's raw attributes
http://www.40-yard-dash-times.com/sp...ing-backs.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...0&sportCat=nfl
Joe Namath, QB, Alabama

"Most pundits agree Namath is an absolute steal at this spot. Some scouts rate him as an absolute sure thing, equal to or even better than John Elway as a quarterback prospect. At 6-foot-2, 200 pounds, Namath has a prototypically powerful arm, but he did suffer a significant knee injury as a senior."

and of course I'm sure most die hard fans followed NFL's networks list of top 100
http://top100.nfl.com/all-time-100

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 09-04-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:46 PM   #31
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14

If you dont wanna buy the ps3 game and spend the time redoing those rosters id be glad to help with making the ps3 one

Last edited by untrugby; 09-04-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 02:31 AM   #32
Pro

OVR: 8

I usually spend most of my time messing around with QBs, and while we've had some great ones in Minnesota the three who I'd have to recommend the most is #1 Fran Tarkenton (obviously) #2 Tommy Kramer and for the backup, I'd have to say Wade Wilson would be it considering he nearly got the Vikes into the Super Bowl in 1987. Also for Running back, if you're doing 3 starters, Peterson, Robert Smith, and Chuck Foreman. If you need a backup quality RB, my personal favorite would be Leroy Hoard, who was a great power back in his own right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »