Home

Playmakers Madden 12 All Time Team Rosters

This is a discussion on Playmakers Madden 12 All Time Team Rosters within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2011, 07:15 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Playmakers Madden 12 All Time Team Rosters

Please let me know when the rosters are due out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2011, 06:17 PM   #66
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jHorns
its really not that much, u have to look how that rating translates in the game. some rbs are really strong. if i say that 85 strength means he can bench 250 pounds then that is probably good for rbs. but maybe just 5 points higher means he can bench 400 pounds. that is just an example, so what im trying to say is you have to define what 85 is or what 90 is, or 99. earl campbell was said to bench over 300 pounds as a rb. i dont care what position you play, thats really strong. not larry allen strong but probably the strongest ever rb. so if i say that 80 strength is too high for any rb that has ever played the game then you wont accurately represent guys like campbell, just from what i have seen how the game translates the strength number into actual gameplay. i do realize that bench press isnt the only factor to determine strength but that is just an example. if u want to factor in leg strength as well, campbell could squat an amazing 450 pounds!
thats one of those "old era" problems a 300 bench and 450 squat might have been great for an RB a long time ago but the RB for my high school team who went to colorado and plays in the CFL benched 420 and squatted 635
Old 10-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 20

PM, please, please tell me Lenny Moore is going to make your roster

Lydell Mitchell too...only other Penn State RB's to have any NFL career would be Curt Warner (Seattle) and Franco Harris.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:47 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
PM, please, please tell me Lenny Moore is going to make your roster

Lydell Mitchell too...only other Penn State RB's to have any NFL career would be Curt Warner (Seattle) and Franco Harris.
all of them will be on the file....

in fact you should checkout my ncaa 11 penn st alumni team you'll love playing with them especially the LB's they are loaded

RB goes about 8 deep on that file for Penn St

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-04-2011, 03:32 AM   #69
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
yeah RB's shouldn't have 80+ strength that is just EA's way of overating or inflating the ratings
I disagree with this greatly. Having played some college ball, many running backs are just as strong, if not stronger than linebackers and even some smaller defensive lineman.

The problem with Madden's ratings, I think, is that they base them off the stupid 225 bench press rep that they use at the combine. That is in no way a measure of strength except, mildly, for defensive and offensive lineman. It is more a test of stamina and endurance at a certain weight than a test of overall strength. It is not a maximum weight these guys can lift.

That said some of the best RBs to play the game I would rate at far over 80 the way Madden uses strength and trucking together. And really, you have to remember that in game, the RBs don't use the strength rating for anything outside of tackle breaking or occasional passblocking. So while a high rating looks nice, it doesn't mean as much as people think it does.

Off the top of my head, Jim Brown, Marrion Motley, Roger Craig, Emmit Smith, Christian Okoye, Walter Payton should all have a high strength rating. At the VERY LEAST starting at between 80-85. I would go ahead and top out the RB back group with a Strength rating of anywhere between 95-99 for Bo Jackson and Brown.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:19 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by havokeff
I disagree with this greatly. Having played some college ball, many running backs are just as strong, if not stronger than linebackers and even some smaller defensive lineman.

The problem with Madden's ratings, I think, is that they base them off the stupid 225 bench press rep that they use at the combine. That is in no way a measure of strength except, mildly, for defensive and offensive lineman. It is more a test of stamina and endurance at a certain weight than a test of overall strength. It is not a maximum weight these guys can lift.

That said some of the best RBs to play the game I would rate at far over 80 the way Madden uses strength and trucking together. And really, you have to remember that in game, the RBs don't use the strength rating for anything outside of tackle breaking or occasional passblocking. So while a high rating looks nice, it doesn't mean as much as people think it does.

Off the top of my head, Jim Brown, Marrion Motley, Roger Craig, Emmit Smith, Christian Okoye, Walter Payton should all have a high strength rating. At the VERY LEAST starting at between 80-85. I would go ahead and top out the RB back group with a Strength rating of anywhere between 95-99 for Bo Jackson and Brown.
strength rating accross the boards is coming down so for me to have a Power back in the 70's for strength isn't going to hurt him

I hate that rating being high for RB's because you get the dumb defender flying backwards type of crap

This rating is inflated much like the jump ratings and speed ratings

Trust me i'm no stranger to how the ratings work in Madden....if your using EA's ratings then yes it's appropriate to use the strength ratings higher in the 80's for some RB's

But i'm not sticking to EA's way of doing things....

If i did that jim Brown, Walter Payton, Jerry Rice, Earl Campbell and every other legend would have 99 speed and 99 acceleration and every great Offensive Linemen would have 90+ strength when in reality all know that wasn't the case

I'll let player tendencies take care of their performance and not the inflated physical attributes that are used to increase players overall ratings accordingly

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-04-2011, 07:01 PM   #71
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

OVR: 3

Again, I have to disagree. I realize you spend a lot of time playing with the ratings and sliders, but I keep seeing, under EA's ratings, players like Laggerett Blount or Micheal Turner rushing for 2000 yards over the course of the many franchises I have played/simmed through.

Marques Colston being the top receiver in the league.

None of these guys are in the 90's when it comes to speed. Yet under EA's ratings, they are putting up HoF numbers, just like Rice or Brown did and doing it without topflight speed, but doing it with the strength of their position's important stats, again, just like Rice and Brown did.

I'm not disparaging your way of thinking by any means, but what I am seeing, especially over the long run of a franchise, falls in line with what I have seen in real life under EA's ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 02:35 AM   #72
Rookie

joebrown352's Arena

OVR: 1

Any update to these rosters? How are they coming along if ur still working on them?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »