Home

Stafford's pass accuracy really too low.

This is a discussion on Stafford's pass accuracy really too low. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
Stafford's pass accuracy really too low.

I'm glad you can edit stuff to fix this, but if you play online I think Matthew Stafford's pass accuracy is really too low. Granted the guy had a ruff rookie year as a lot of rookies do in the NFL. Only 53.3 completions by him his rookie season and a 61 QBR. With a total crap OL.

Since that time he has really improved, yes he has gotten injured 4x, Knee, Left Shoulder, Right Should, Left Shoulder.

But lets see he stats from 2010 Preseason and the 2.5 games he played in 2010. Preseason 2010 37/52 71% 92.9 QBR, 353 yds, 3 TD 2 INT. Regular Season 2010 57/96 59.4% 91.3 QBR, 535yds, 6 TD 1 INT.

So far is 2011 preseason he is 24/31 77% 154 QBR, 356 yds, 5 TD 0 INT and if you watched the games, which I did all 3 so far, many of his passes that were not completions were right on the money but not caught. Last night against the Pats he was 12/14 for 200 yds and 2 TDs, and the 2 that were incompletes were right on the hands of the receiver.

Now if you look at Staffords accuracy in Madden only 81 overall, 83 short, 78 mid, 80 long.

Bradford on the other hand is overall accuracy 89, 92 short, 86 mid, 82 long. Last 2 years Bradford was 60% in preseason and regular season of 2010 and this preseason so far is only 55%.

I just don't see where Bradford is that much better than Stafford other than health. If anything I think these 2 QB's should be even.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 02:37 PM   #2
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Stafford's pass accuracy really too low.

Stafford has been hurt, he has potential but he has to stay healthy.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
Stafford has been hurt, he has potential but he has to stay healthy.
His health has nothing to do with how accurate he is though when he is healthy. Thats the point I was trying to make, they gave him a 50 something injury rating they should at least acknowledge the fact he is a more accurate passer when he is in the games than he is rated by the Madden team.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:44 PM   #4
Pro

DereckM's Arena

totally agree with you Rock. Also Suh is not a big hitter and Megatron is not clutch go figure.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I assume a roster update with improved ratings will be out in time for the regular season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 09:52 PM   #6
Banned

WindyCityFanatic's Arena

OVR: 0

imo every player in the game has EXTREMELY high OVRs. Also Lion fans dont get on a high horse about the preseason. The Lions went 4-0 in the preseason and went 0-16... the preseason DOESN'T MATTER!!! also 59 completion % isn't very good AT ALL. Yes he is having a good preseason but really? you guys won 6 games last year. A team full of potential but really just isn't there yet. Did any one see how high people were on the San Francisco coming into 2010? Look at how well they did. I think Matthew Stafford is good but not as good as people think. The guy is a china doll and the fact that he had a 59% completion percentage just baffles me that you guys think he is so accurate.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:09 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

i understand where u are coming from but the preseason some players are going half way ( still trying to get their legs under them) and most def units dont really show all their blitz packages and also dont prepair for the games like a reg season game so stafford still has to prove himself in the reg season b4 their is a bump in his ratings. i think he has potential to be great but he has to stay healthy to show it.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:29 PM   #8
Pro

DereckM's Arena

Listen, there is no high horse for Lions fans first of all lol. Even the high horse for us is low so relax WindyCityFanatic. Its just my opinion versus others thats all. Some might say Stafford is not that good some might say Suh doesnt hit hard and some might say Calvin Johnson is not clutch. Some people think (remember think is the key word) different.

I remember the 4-0 preseason and then 0-16 regular season even though about 5-7 of those games were one touchdown or 3 point loses. Ive been a loyal fan since about 89. I know not to think 10-6 every year like some fans do. I just think we have a few guys that are not potentials anymore. They are actually good.

Last edited by DereckM; 08-29-2011 at 02:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »