Home

Do NOT edit players with roles...

This is a discussion on Do NOT edit players with roles... within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #41
Pro

gamemaster-2005's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Do NOT edit players with roles...

I've learned my lession next year I'll hold off on both NCAA and madden until they are out and patched. I can't enjoy either of them because of the glitches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 08:15 PM   #42
Rookie

Shards's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't know if there is an exact science to this but I found a bit of a work around if you are wanting to edit positions. I was adding McKinney to the Ravens in the roster menu. Then I started a franchise and noticed that the CPU Ravens had changed Oher to a RT. It seems at a certain overall ( maybe 80) the CPU will change a player to a position with a weaker player (maybe under 80). Then I backed out and traded D Ware and Orakpo to the ravens while keeping Suggs. Started another franchise and they moved Orakpo to MLB and he still had his role. So if you are trying to change a position give this a try.

I understand that the NCAA tendencies glitch was frustrating because you don't feel like you are really playing college ball unless there are at least names. In madden the Roles glitch is not nearly as frustrating because it doesn't affect a majority of the players. I'm not an equipment fanatic and I don't like the way EA rates a lot of guys but I don't generally do a lot of player edits. However gameplay feels great and they added a lot to franchise mode. I think we should be happy we have as much as we do. Least Arcady gameplay and most interactive franchise and gameplay that I've seen in years.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:36 PM   #43
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

For Franchise guys, all roles are determined when going from the Owner menu to the Retiring Menu. If you want to keep a players role throughout the season then do not edit him until you are at the Owner menu during the offseason. Best time to do it is there since it won't impact their games.

Not sure if editing ratings will have an effect, but for equipment junkies and guys with funky draft classes, best time to edit equipment/information/traits is there.

Like I said, I haven't tried any ratings changes but after reloading a save and editing the players the exact same ones had the same roles after advancing.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:13 AM   #44
Rookie

btvs's Arena

OVR: 6

I guess I'll have to get a list of players with roles and I won't edit them. So annoying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »