Home

Xbox Live Gold for Roster Download?

This is a discussion on Xbox Live Gold for Roster Download? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2011, 07:34 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Xbox Live Gold for Roster Download?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guggy107
yeah, i didnt see this thread when I made mine. i definitely wouldnt have bought the game had i known I wouldnt be able to get roster updates. and its definitely an EA thing, 2k doesnt require a gold membership to recieve roster updates with their games...
They really should've let us know this. Taking something away like this is bush league. I'm not gonna get NHL 12 if they do this is that game as well.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:38 PM   #10
Rookie

guitarDADDY1208's Arena

OVR: 7

This is the way that EA is trying to combat the sale of used games (They don't like stores like Gamestop) when you buy a new copy of the game you get an online pass code, if you buy it used you can still get the code but it costs around $10 the only way to get the updated rosters is from the online menu which can only be accessed using the online pass and the only way to use the online pass is to have xbox gold unless you have a PS3 which has free online but you still need the online pass from EA.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:45 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarDADDY1208
This is the way that EA is trying to combat the sale of used games (They don't like stores like Gamestop) when you buy a new copy of the game you get an online pass code, if you buy it used you can still get the code but it costs around $10 the only way to get the updated rosters is from the online menu which can only be accessed using the online pass and the only way to use the online pass is to have xbox gold unless you have a PS3 which has free online but you still need the online pass from EA.
I understand this, but i bought a new copy, and i don't like being treated this way. LET US KNOW BEFORE WE BUY THE GAME. if i would've only got a ps3 i wouldn't have this problem. i think im gonna go sony on the next console.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2011, 10:37 PM   #12
Rookie

rlsimpson2's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarDADDY1208
Yeah, but even if they want to require you to have the online pass to access their features that doesn't have anything to do with also requiring me to have live gold for roster updates. Both NHL and NCAA football have the online pass but you can still access the roster updates/ea locker with only live silver (as you could in Madden last year). Now they're just hosing us.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:11 PM   #13
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

I know its not preferable and a big inconvenience but can't you download rosters from here then put them on a thumb drive and transfer them over to your 360 that way? Most of them are custom rosters but I'm sure you can find someone or convince someone to get the official EA ones and make them available.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »