Home

Xbox Live Gold for Roster Download?

This is a discussion on Xbox Live Gold for Roster Download? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 09-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Xbox Live Gold for Roster Download?

Hey, just wondering if you need Gold to download updated rosters? I have silver, and it's not letting me. If not, then I will minimum be furious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 10:18 PM   #2
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Xbox Live Gold for Roster Download?

I'd like to know this, too.

I didn't play 11, but in Madden 10 you could download rosters with a silver account. Did they change that? If so, that's beyond low, it's dirty pool.

I'm guessing they'll have a preseason roster update after the final cuts this weekend. If I can't download that with my silver account, I'm going to have a meltdown of nuclear proportions and will be e-mailing and calling EA demanding a full refund.

If you need a gold account to download rosters they should be obligated to let you know before buying the freaking game.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 09-03-2011, 10:27 PM   #3
Rookie

rlsimpson2's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
I'd like to know this, too.

I didn't play 11, but in Madden 10 you could download rosters with a silver account. Did they change that? If so, that's beyond low, it's dirty pool.

I'm guessing they'll have a preseason roster update after the final cuts this weekend. If I can't download that with my silver account, I'm going to have a meltdown of nuclear proportions and will be e-mailing and calling EA demanding a full refund.

If you need a gold account to download rosters they should be obligated to let you know before buying the freaking game.
Unfortunately, this does appear to be the case. I got around it by creating a new xbox live account, and when you do they offer you a free month of gold. Of course that means I can only get the first couple updates, and then I'm screwed. Maybe if there's enough negative reaction they'll patch it. I agree completely that I should not have to pay extra to receive roster updates when updated rosters are one of the main reasons people by essentially the same game year after year.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:02 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

i told them thats bullshyt. ea wants every $$ they can get
Old 09-04-2011, 09:03 PM   #5
Rookie

TearsOfPurple's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonw2
i told them thats bullshyt. ea wants every $$ they can get
It's not EA, it's Microsoft. I agree EA is money hungry, but c'mon man...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple
It's not EA, it's Microsoft. I agree EA is money hungry, but c'mon man...
No, it's EA.

You also need a game code to access to the online rosters. I rented the game to try it out before buying and wasn't able to get the rosters even though I had an XBL Gold membership.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:14 PM   #7
Rookie

That's so absurd. I already was leaning towards not buying the game, and this very well may have solidified it. Hope it was worth my 60 bucks, EA.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:17 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 11

yeah, i didnt see this thread when I made mine. i definitely wouldnt have bought the game had i known I wouldnt be able to get roster updates. and its definitely an EA thing, 2k doesnt require a gold membership to recieve roster updates with their games...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »