Home

9/5 Roster Update?????

This is a discussion on 9/5 Roster Update????? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2011, 11:53 PM   #9
Pro

rynecandy's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: 9/5 Roster Update?????

If someone was released on the last cut but resigned for practice squad, will the game still have them on the team? I'm asking because this year the teams have a larger roster?

Here are the confirmed practice squad for the Texans:

Per Houston Chronicle writer John McClain, the Houston Texans have signed the following players to their practice squad:

Running Back Chris Ogbonnaya
Wide Receiver Trindon Holliday
Wide Receiver Jeff Maehl
Guard Andrew Gardner
Center Howard Barbieri
Linebacker Mister Alexander
Safety Shiloh Keo
Old 09-06-2011, 05:12 AM   #10
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynecandy
If someone was released on the last cut but resigned for practice squad, will the game still have them on the team? I'm asking because this year the teams have a larger roster?

Here are the confirmed practice squad for the Texans:

Per Houston Chronicle writer John McClain, the Houston Texans have signed the following players to their practice squad:

Running Back Chris Ogbonnaya
Wide Receiver Trindon Holliday
Wide Receiver Jeff Maehl
Guard Andrew Gardner
Center Howard Barbieri
Linebacker Mister Alexander
Safety Shiloh Keo

Depends on what they do with the opening day rosters. I haven't heard if they will just be 53 + IR or 53 + IR + players that were with the team in camp but got cut. If the cuts are excluded from the rosters, some of those guys in the practice squad may be in the FA pool.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:03 AM   #11
Banned

Allen7's Arena

OVR: 0

If it's so easy then why are you little crybabies on here posting? Get to work and do it yourself. Otherwise shut up and be patient. I mean some of the people that post on here are pathetic and need to get a life. Thursday will be here in no time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 08:10 AM   #12
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by d123cwik321
why in the hell would they release a roster update on thursday??!! they might as well just wait until week one is over a few days later!! DUH! that makes absolutely no sense, i dont know the level of difficulty in performing a roster update but seriously cant they just add and/or delete players so we can at least have an accurate roster?
He updates the rosters every week before the first game of that week so don't complain, there will be a new one next week for anything that changes over this weekend.....
Old 09-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintDemure
Some of you really are impatient, whiny little children. For Christ's sake, just wait until Thursday.

I'm sure you can get these rosters down to a T in a day, as you claim, however; some players can still be claimed off waivers between now and Thursday. Thus, roster movements are still happening. Opening day rosters mean OPENING DAY.

Just be patient kiddies.
Or, you know, Starting Quarterbacks could get released....

This is one good example of why the roster update's not coming out until the day the season actually starts:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/69...-david-garrard
Old 09-06-2011, 03:36 PM   #14
Banned

Trag3dy's Arena

OVR: 0

Can we assign 100 ratings? If yes, screw their roster update. If not... well guess I have to wait.

Big problem for me at the moment is the fact they couldn't implement player roles without seemingly screwing it up. I need roles not to go poof even after the 100 ratings are handed out, heh.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:15 PM   #15
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9

The Cowboys Oline is so screwed that guys are not even listed in the right positions. The guy who started our last two preseason games at center is not even in the game. LOL

Poor Romo. He will be lucky to make it through Week 1 against the Jets.

NBA: Dallas Mavericks
MLB: Texas Rangers
NCAA: Baylor

Producer/Graphic Artist/Animator-CBS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 03:33 PM   #16
Rookie

WhiteMan22's Arena

OVR: 5

I don't see wow a roster update would be preventing anyone from starting a franchise. With the addition of preseason cuts, technically you are making your own 53-man roster. I guess the 100 ratings, but I don't see 100 ratings really affecting anyone by that much.

Just my two cents.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »