Home

Opening day rosters tomorrow?

This is a discussion on Opening day rosters tomorrow? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Opening day rosters tomorrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
We also didn't have cloning back in those days what's your point? I agree with him, it's BS that they can't update the rosters. It really doesn't take that long for them to do it. Have you looked around and seen technology? Well, in his defense I'm going to say we live in a world were; "ROSTERS NEED TO BE UPDATED". The days of those non updated rosters is in the past. So yea, again I agree with him. No offense bud, just trying to get you up to par with the future.
Thx for your concern bud, but I've been working in the Technology field for the past 10 years and have more gadgets than I know what to do with so I'm well aware of what's available out there.

My point is these are labeled as "Opening Day" rosters. Teams are still naming starting position players and tinkering with the last few spots of their rosters. I'd rather have an accurate roster update that was a day late than an inaccurate set that arrived early.

I wasn't trying to put anybody down, I see his point. I was just trying to bring some perspective to the situation. I like to have my rosters as current as the next guy, but if the roster updates don't come out until tomorrow I don't think anyone should start banging there head against a wall. I guess being in my early 30's w/ a wife, 2 kids, a dog, and a mortgage - now that's a reason to bang your head against a wall - doesn't allow me to live in a "ROSTERS NEED TO BE UPDATED" world.

-Jim Valvano
Old 09-08-2011, 05:09 PM   #50
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trag3dy
Even if he is, one of us could do them over the course of a week using our consoles, which he doesn't have to use. All he has to do is sit at a PC plugging in numbers. If he honestly cared to, he could effortlessly make daily roster updates. If they wanted to pay me half of what his salary probably is, hell, I'd update rosters per-game day.
You act as if he works full time doing this, but the tr... oh wait he does. I do find it kind of funny he tweeted asking about a guys number, you think he'd have better resources when making a full rosters, wonder what actually % of his rosters are anything other then "guestimations" when it comes to ratings.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:12 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
But it was mentioned, which is why your rant made no sense...
There hasn't been any mention of OF rosters so my comments are justified. Now if it gets to be next week and no mention of OF roster updates, then you will see a rant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 05:14 PM   #52
Banned

Trag3dy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBill
There hasn't been any mention of OF rosters so my comments are justified. Now if it gets to be next week and no mention of OF roster updates, then you will see a rant.
Ahh... forgot those even existed lol. My bad. Eh... maybe they'll all get updated at once though. They havn't been excluded at least.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:23 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 1

BLEHHH ancy for rosters

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
Old 09-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #54
Banned

Trag3dy's Arena

Yeah I'm really itchin to start my franchise too, but fortunately I didn't expect them to come until tomorrow anyway. Been dealin with EA long enough to know not to pay attention to their first date on anything.

Divin in on a near complete re-build of my team since they're gettin up there. Gotta pull Julio Jones, Kong Suh, and Revis first season somehow, some way. Gonna figure out a way to get Newton and Mike Pouncey too if I can.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #55
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Yeah I'm really itchin to start my franchise too, but fortunately I didn't expect them to come until tomorrow anyway. Been dealin with EA long enough to know not to pay attention to their first date on anything.

Divin in on a near complete re-build of my team since they're gettin up there. Gotta pull Julio Jones, Kong Suh, and Revis first season somehow, some way. Gonna figure out a way to get Newton and Mike Pouncey too if I can.
If your going to make all those moves year 1, why even wait for the new roster?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 06:26 PM   #56
Rookie

p0150n's Arena

what are of rosters never heard of them

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »