Home

Problem arises with new rosters

This is a discussion on Problem arises with new rosters within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2011, 06:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Problem arises with new rosters

So its cool and all that they expanded the rosters. But when you start a franchise and have to cut the players, and you do the real life cuts, it doesnt let you play a game. For instance, the redskins only have erik cook backing up center and guard, but after i make the cuuts and go into the regular seas, it says "coach shanahan, you do not haev enough Guards to play a game"...this is unreal, i cant even play with the real life roster....and i kno some of you are going to say just move another lineman into that postition, but i cant, there is only 1 backup for the 2 guards and center position=erik cook. and again with nose tackle...most teams only carry 2, but the game makes you have 3..i cant stand this S
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Problem arises with new rosters

its not broken, either auto fix the roster or use your gm skills and release another player and sign a guard or reassign an existing player to guard in your depth chart.
its not broken. I had the same issue
Old 09-09-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

The Redskins' strong safeties and free safeties are flipped for some reason with these new rosters
Old 09-09-2011, 06:56 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdublotothese
So its cool and all that they expanded the rosters. But when you start a franchise and have to cut the players, and you do the real life cuts, it doesnt let you play a game. For instance, the redskins only have erik cook backing up center and guard, but after i make the cuuts and go into the regular seas, it says "coach shanahan, you do not haev enough Guards to play a game"...this is unreal, i cant even play with the real life roster....and i kno some of you are going to say just move another lineman into that postition, but i cant, there is only 1 backup for the 2 guards and center position=erik cook. and again with nose tackle...most teams only carry 2, but the game makes you have 3..i cant stand this S
Yep, I knew this would be an issue. In franchise, you have to basically carry 10 offensive lineman on your roster, but no team in the NFL actually carries 10 lineman on the roster. At the most, some teams carry 9. But on the active roster, they tend to carry 7. A back up swing tackle and an interior lineman that can play G/C.

Not a diss to the devs, because I know they work hard and try, but they need some help over there. Sometimes, it just seems like they don't know enough about football to correctly develop a game. It's a shame, because consumers have no other option because they cornered the market. And now we're stuck with a medicore game when we should have an A grade game considering the market and fanbase. Sorry for the rant, just another frustrated fan here.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:56 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

i know its not broken...it just sucks, i cant use the real life roster, its a pain in the A...previous years donny jut made the 53 man rosters n problem solved...it wouldnt ask me to sign another dt cuz donny did it...but since we have to maually cut the player it says u cant..unbelievable....so i gotta put some jo shmo on my team thats not on the team in real life...sucks

Washington Capitals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2011, 07:30 PM   #6
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

agreed, they should of kept the reserve players on the rosters just for franchise mode. Now we are stuck with generated players filling out the roster, lame!!!!
Old 09-09-2011, 08:32 PM   #7
Rookie

deathstryk3's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
agreed, they should of kept the reserve players on the rosters just for franchise mode. Now we are stuck with generated players filling out the roster, lame!!!!
Dido... I asked him on twitter to give us franchise players wiggle room, by just giving 75 man rosters, so when we start the franchise we have the ability to have real UDFA camp invites and we/COM can do our own cuts. At least til patch comes out to help with year 2. So sad, buy I guess EA feels they can't please everyone
Old 09-09-2011, 09:05 PM   #8
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Thumbs up Re: Problem arises with new rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I agree but we're left with changing those players to practice squad players or real-life NFL FA's. We can edit those generated players, right? I haven't fully looked into this yet. Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »