Home

UDFA Quick Fix for Offline Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on UDFA Quick Fix for Offline Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2011, 11:53 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: UDFA Quick Fix for Offline Franchise Mode

Actually I just tested, and it won't let you go through player management to just cut all 310k players. You will have to go through the cut screen to get this right and unless you go to player details you cannot see the players salaries. Looks like I still need to to the NFC.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:00 AM   #10
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8

lol you definitely can, I have done it in every franchise I've started so far checking roster moves and sim stats and so forth. It's really as simple as going to Player Management as soon as your franchise starts, sorting by "CAP" or "TOT" and then going through every player with a $310k contract and "Release Player". I've just done it again after reading your post.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:02 AM   #11
Rookie

strife1013's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursive
Actually I just tested, and it won't let you go through player management to just cut all 310k players. You will have to go through the cut screen to get this right and unless you go to player details you cannot see the players salaries. Looks like I still need to to the NFC.
I was able to release them through the players management screen. I released all UDFA for all teams by sorting by how much they would make and released all 310k rookie one year deals. took around 25 minutes to do all teams. I did it before the start of the pre season game. I will have to fill some roster spots with real FA players. I control all teams and set everything to be done by the CPU except cut players which I did myself. And for the team I play with my setting are controlled by the user.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 12:05 AM   #12
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
I will have to fill some roster spots with real FA players.
Can we not edit those fake generated players into practice squad players or real-life undrafted FA's to fill in rosters? Are they not even editable at all? Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 09-10-2011, 12:12 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL
lol you definitely can, I have done it in every franchise I've started so far checking roster moves and sim stats and so forth. It's really as simple as going to Player Management as soon as your franchise starts, sorting by "CAP" or "TOT" and then going through every player with a $310k contract and "Release Player". I've just done it again after reading your post.

Yup, you are right as I just did it myself. Must have tested the first time on the wrong team selected.Thanks this will save me a bunch of time, but can't say I didn't try.

All Rookies with a salary of 310k cut though, Brandon Tate on the Bengals and Julian Edleman on the Patriots are 310k too.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:22 AM   #14
Rookie

strife1013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
Can we not edit those fake generated players into practice squad players or real-life undrafted FA's to fill in rosters? Are they not even editable at all? Thanks!
You can edit any player you want even if they aren't on your team as long as when you start a fran. And edit player is set too on. I release all UDFA. Not sure if there are any gems out there or not but once they are released they are gone forever. They won't appear in the FA list of players. If you release a player and they appear in the FA pool they are a real NFL player or someone donny Moore created.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:24 AM   #15
Rookie

strife1013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursive
Yup, you are right as I just did it myself. Must have tested the first time on the wrong team selected.Thanks this will save me a bunch of time, but can't say I didn't try.

All Rookies with a salary of 310k cut though, Brandon Tate on the Bengals and Julian Edleman on the Patriots are 310k too.
I almost released some real NFL players who make that much. Just make sure for year experience make sure it says rookie and you can't go wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 12:46 AM   #16
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife1013
You can edit any player you want even if they aren't on your team as long as when you start a fran. And edit player is set too on. I release all UDFA. Not sure if there are any gems out there or not but once they are released they are gone forever. They won't appear in the FA list of players. If you release a player and they appear in the FA pool they are a real NFL player or someone donny Moore created.
The generated fake players will completely disappear once they're released? That's crazy! I'll just keep them & edit them into another real player like the practice squad players for each team. This seems like just a waste of space by EA Sports in the expanding rosters addition to the game. Why even add this new feature if it works this way?

I mean releasing them will cause the players to disappear is just plain silly. It's like they just threw this feature into the game just because we wanted it added but didn't put much effort into it. I don't get it!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »