Home

Question about UDFA's and franchise mode

This is a discussion on Question about UDFA's and franchise mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17
Question about UDFA's and franchise mode

I have two rosters...one has 53 man teams
the other has all 75 man teams with real players

Now if im going to control all 32 teams, will this make a difference? or will i still be able to get rid of EVERY udfa using a 53 man roster?

My main concern is that I don't want real players disappearing from the game,and from my understanding it seems like the reason players disappear is because the FA pool is too big.

So i was thinking if i filled all teams with real FA's before starting a franchise, it would create room in the fa pool so when i cut them, they'd just go back into the free agency, for the first year anyway.

Last edited by NFCastle; 09-13-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 11:54 PM   #2
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Question about UDFA's and franchise mode

No one?
Was really hoping to get a franchise started soon
Old 09-14-2011, 12:03 AM   #3
Banned

MileHighSalute30's Arena

OVR: 10

I thought I heard that if you had the 1st roster update things in franchise went smoother somehow. I'm sure someone can better help you, but don't erase that roster file yet.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:11 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCastle
I have two rosters...one has 53 man teams
the other has all 75 man teams with real players

Now if im going to control all 32 teams, will this make a difference? or will i still be able to get rid of EVERY udfa using a 53 man roster?

My main concern is that I don't want real players disappearing from the game,and from my understanding it seems like the reason players disappear is because the FA pool is too big.

So i was thinking if i filled all teams with real FA's before starting a franchise, it would create room in the fa pool so when i cut them, they'd just go back into the free agency, for the first year anyway.
This is my intention as well as soon as I get some better rosters to work with. The preseason roster is the ideal one to go from at this point, but it still has quite a few players missing from actual NFL rosters and practice squads.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »