Home

How to keep Preseason Rosters same as EA Update?

This is a discussion on How to keep Preseason Rosters same as EA Update? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2011, 01:43 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How to keep Preseason Rosters same as EA Update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL
By controlling all 32 teams, cutting all of the fake players manually and then setting the User Options to CPU for all other teams afterwards. It's a hassle but it's really the only way to go with Franchise this year :-\
well I guess I'm gonna go to the team sites and do this for a few nights. I was hoping someone knew a trick to it.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:57 AM   #10
Rookie

This is a mess.........so what good is EA updates to offline franchises if it all gets screwed up through a preseason?

What are people doing to start a franchise with realistic rosters?
Old 09-15-2011, 10:32 AM   #11
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale
well I guess I'm gonna go to the team sites and do this for a few nights. I was hoping someone knew a trick to it.
you don't need to put that much effort it. Just go to player management once you've started your franchise and sort the players by total salary or cap hit (TOT or CAP) and cut the players with 310k contracts. None of the real rookies have contracts that low. Save you a bunch of time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 10:54 AM   #12
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
This is a mess.........so what good is EA updates to offline franchises if it all gets screwed up through a preseason?

What are people doing to start a franchise with realistic rosters?

Yup, worst development decision since the cone passing debacle. Where art though when we need you Ian Cummings?
Old 09-15-2011, 02:08 PM   #13
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8

It's not the worst, it just needs some tweeking for next year. No created UDFA's in the first pre-season or even have the option to skip pre-season altogether in the first year. Tone down the huge amounts of created UDFA's that show up in the second and following seasons and stop deleting free agents/cut players/practice squad guys/little known IR guys from the roster updates so there's a much bigger selection of players/free agents and it'll be pretty much sorted.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:19 PM   #14
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
It's easy to tell, first of all they're all 99% rookies, secondly they're all probably your lowest rated players and if not you can still tell by looking at their pic, if their head looks placed on, it's a fake.

If you're not sure about 1 or 2 you can always google it.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #15
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL
It's not the worst, it just needs some tweeking for next year. No created UDFA's in the first pre-season or even have the option to skip pre-season altogether in the first year. Tone down the huge amounts of created UDFA's that show up in the second and following seasons and stop deleting free agents/cut players/practice squad guys/little known IR guys from the roster updates so there's a much bigger selection of players/free agents and it'll be pretty much sorted.
yeah but why didn't they do that this year?

it's really, really stupid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 04:16 PM   #16
Rookie

Icon10 Re: How to keep Preseason Rosters same as EA Update?

Thanks for the help suggestions....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »