Home

Madden NFL 12 Roster Update - Week 2 Details, Available Tomorrow (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Roster Update - Week 2 Details, Available Tomorrow (360, PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 09-15-2011, 10:53 PM   #17
Banned

Jdoug312's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Madden NFL 12 Roster Update - Week 2 Details, Available Tomorrow (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly738
Love the updates to my Ravens... but why did Tyrod Taylor get an increase? He didn't do anything
Probably because he didn't update him after his preseason performance.

What I want to know is why didn't Cary Williams get any love? I mean the man is only starting and playing great!
Old 09-15-2011, 11:41 PM   #18
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm beyond exasperated with the ridiculous decisions being made with regards to rosters in Madden.

I mean, of all players to get a decrease, why isn't it Tony Romo? He singlehandedly cost his team a game, including a 14 point lead.

I don't agree with changing anyone's ratings, except for ones he obviously had wrong in the first place (e.g Randall Cobb's speed) but if you are going to make such wholesale changes to the rosters and decrease players who played well, WHY oh WHY isn't Romo decreased?

Firstly, these updates are the most stupid thing to happen to Madden.
Ratings and rankings of players are based on consistency, and to boost and lower players after 1 game is just an indication of poor basic understanding of the sport.

Secondly, what happened to hot streaks? I mean, they were supposed to act as an in game mechanism that are triggered after a good and bad game. Now why does Cam get a 4 point boost, when he could just be put on a hot streak?

I'm sorry but there seems to be a clear example of a lack of common sense or rudimentary football IQ over at EA Tiburon, especially with regards to these rosters.

Furthermore, why are FS and SS being switched over every week? It's pretty apparent OJ Atogwe has always been a FS, and Laron Landry is clearly a better fit for SS. Why were they swapped?
Why is Quintin Mikell now a FS?

Safeties roam around the field and swap sides all the time. Just leave them be.
It's tinkering for the sake of it, to make it appear something is actually being done when in fact, nothing of use comes out of these changes.

Weekly roster updates should reflect injuries (and please, make sure your information is correct, Robert Quinn is not injured at all, he was only deactivated vs the Eagles because he wasn't ready) and signings, as well as equipment, numbers and appearance.

Should there be any desire to update ratings? They should only be done onc every 6 weeks, to actually reflect a body of play, instead of one good performance.

Please, is there any way we can make EA understand that this one man system or roster control is failing MISERABLY???????
Old 09-16-2011, 12:32 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2
this why i never download roster updates . its like DM never watches football .also they shoulds be working on patches and tuners
Old 09-16-2011, 03:15 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Why did Braylon Edwards get a ratings decrease? We were playing very conservative that involved very little passing. Plus he drew a Pass Interference call and caught everything that came his way. Yet he gets a 1 point decrease -__-

And why hasn't he changed Josh Morgan's name to Joshua? He wished to be called Joshua back in preseason but yet he changed Carnell Williams name back to Cadillac just because Steven Jackson is out?
Old 09-16-2011, 07:24 AM   #21
Rookie

jetsfan08865's Arena

OVR: 0

To all the haters out there STFU. Just be happy that we get roster updates every week back in the old day we did not have roster updates and we had to use what roster came out of the box and if i remember correctly you couldn't even create a player in Madden 64 on the Nintendo 64. I hope all this hate danny moore is receiving makes him stop doing updates one of these day and he comes out to say that he'll never do another free roster update again for now on you'll have to pay EA 14.99 for a roster update every week. What would you guys do then?

@ mkharsh33 Lol I hope you enjoyed getting ripped off by gamestop. I never trade in any of my games hack i still have Duke Nukem forever and we all know how bad Duke suxed
New York Jets (0-0)
"Rebuilding" Team
Oakland Raiders (0-0)

favorite sports
Jets, Giants, Rutgers, Notre Dame, Nebraska, Phillies, 76ers & Devils
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2011, 08:13 AM   #22
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan08865
To all the haters out there STFU. Just be happy that we get roster updates every week back in the old day we did not have roster updates and we had to use what roster came out of the box and if i remember correctly you couldn't even create a player in Madden 64 on the Nintendo 64. I hope all this hate danny moore is receiving makes him stop doing updates one of these day and he comes out to say that he'll never do another free roster update again for now on you'll have to pay EA 14.99 for a roster update every week. What would you guys do then?

@ mkharsh33 Lol I hope you enjoyed getting ripped off by gamestop. I never trade in any of my games hack i still have Duke Nukem forever and we all know how bad Duke suxed
True, we should be thankful that he spends so much time just changing ratings each week and not working on actually getting the rosters fully right.

We have all we need to do rosters ourselves, and I'm sure most people would be happy to go without updates if EA let sharing rosters and save files easier.

Plus, weekly updates are a joke because Cam gets bumped to 81 for a great game, but what if he stinks it up next week or lights it up again? Maybe if the Czar was "good enough to be a scout," like guys at EA have said, why doesn't he come out with ratings that don't have players jumping 4+ OVR weekly.

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 09-16-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:35 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

ah, yes... out comes the "haters" speech...someone always has to be *that* guy. since when is analyzing and critiquing something "hating"??? sometimes i just shake my head around here...
Old 09-16-2011, 09:45 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
ah, yes... out comes the "haters" speech...someone always has to be *that* guy. since when is analyzing and critiquing something "hating"??? sometimes i just shake my head around here...
The "haters" spiel has become the quickest and easiest way to dismiss any kind of logical or factual criticism.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »