Home

PS3 Preseason Roster with all Active and PS Players

This is a discussion on PS3 Preseason Roster with all Active and PS Players within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: PS3 Preseason Roster with all Active and PS Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwins41
You know what would fix our problem is if EA made a very large free agent pool of players in the game, but thanks for your hard work
Truegamer put in the serious labor on this file... I agree we need more players in the pool. Clearly they have more space to expand FA pool and the preseason roster was the only roster release I've seen that has done this. They cite FA limits of 286 players... but they don't come close to filling that on their roster releases.

I estimate the average NFL season has roughly 3,000 players that some how are involved during any giving year... whether it's as an Active Roster, Practice Squad guy, or training camp invite. Out of 767 Rookies who were invited to camps... 443 now either sit on an active roster, on a practice squad, or are on IR, 1 is suspended (Terrelle Pryor).

There are 1,952 jobs (53 active roster, plus 8 practice squad, x32 teams). So 1,000+ guys are looking or were looking for an NFL gig at some point each year.

To be fair to EA that is a lot of turnover... Just under 23% of players in the NFL this year, will not be in the NFL next year due to rookie influx. But when you look at titles like NCAA with all the players there it makes you wonder what the problem is? I think it has to do with the dynamic nature of team rosters, by comparison NCAA rosters are much less fluid during a season, whereas a roster is a very fluid thing at the NFL level.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:43 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

These rosters are amazing. About to start a 32 team franchise and was wondering how well these converted? Capped players such as Adam Weber would go into the FA pool once cut?
Old 10-04-2011, 09:10 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthrone
These rosters are amazing. About to start a 32 team franchise and was wondering how well these converted? Capped players such as Adam Weber would go into the FA pool once cut?
Before starting a franchise the one thing I did was to sign as many guys as possible to fill out each roster... eliminating fake created players in the franchise. Once I cut CAP guys in preseason they were added to the FA pool unlike the fake players who just seem to disappear for the most part.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2011, 09:11 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrugg
Truegamer put in the serious labor on this file... I agree we need more players in the pool. Clearly they have more space to expand FA pool and the preseason roster was the only roster release I've seen that has done this. They cite FA limits of 286 players... but they don't come close to filling that on their roster releases.

I estimate the average NFL season has roughly 3,000 players that some how are involved during any giving year... whether it's as an Active Roster, Practice Squad guy, or training camp invite. Out of 767 Rookies who were invited to camps... 443 now either sit on an active roster, on a practice squad, or are on IR, 1 is suspended (Terrelle Pryor).

There are 1,952 jobs (53 active roster, plus 8 practice squad, x32 teams). So 1,000+ guys are looking or were looking for an NFL gig at some point each year.

To be fair to EA that is a lot of turnover... Just under 23% of players in the NFL this year, will not be in the NFL next year due to rookie influx. But when you look at titles like NCAA with all the players there it makes you wonder what the problem is? I think it has to do with the dynamic nature of team rosters, by comparison NCAA rosters are much less fluid during a season, whereas a roster is a very fluid thing at the NFL level.
Thats what im talking about why not just make the fa pool like 4000 players or hold endless created players as long as your hard drive will support it, why expand rosters to 75 guys only to release them from teams and delete them from the game. They have all summer to create plenty of rookies to put into the game. I think thier concern is that we wont go get a new game if we can keep the rosters up to date ourselves.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:38 PM   #13
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Has anyone managed to play a season with these rosters in Franchise Mode and successfully go into the offseason?

Every since I added these rosters, the franchise freezes on me after the first years superbowl and it asks if I want to go to the front office mode.

I would really appreciate any help someone can give me.

** Can I get a version of this roster without the created players?

The CAPS are the reason the game is freezing like it is.

Last edited by whosnext00; 10-05-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:39 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext00
Has anyone managed to play a season with these rosters in Franchise Mode and successfully go into the offseason?

Every since I added these rosters, the franchise freezes on me after the first years superbowl and it asks if I want to go to the front office mode.

I would really appreciate any help someone can give me.

** Can I get a version of this roster without the created players?

The CAPS are the reason the game is freezing like it is.
Well that certainly is frustrating. There is an archive of all EA roster releases (unedited) in another thread. Also... did you try maxing out the rosters for each team with players before entering Franchise Mode? This gets rid of fake created guys and *might also be a workaround for the freeze issue. This means making each roster 75 guys before starting the franchise. A little extra time on the front end and once your in Franchise mode to cut guys... but may allow for more life for the file before a freeze issue occurs. If you have done this let us know.

I've heard of quite a few issues which cause franchise files to freeze thus far.

Last edited by shagrugg; 10-05-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:02 AM   #15
Banned

bodank82's Arena

Mine did the same thing!! I was so pissed. I have to start an entirely new franchise. I am going to do a test first so it doesn't happen again.
I filled my rosters with players who were once on the teams too, mostly players who were on the preseason rosters.

Last edited by bodank82; 10-06-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2011, 12:39 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodank82
Mine did the same thing!! I was so pissed. I have to start an entirely new franchise. I am going to do a test first so it doesn't happen again.
I filled my rosters with players who were once on the teams too, mostly players who were on the preseason rosters.
This really builds a case that EA is just selling the rosters each season at $59.95/pop. I've seen on Donny Moore's twitter feed that the FA list can only accommodate 286 or so players. Wish it were more... the file is coming close to this limit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »